Happy One-Year(Onety-Twoty-Six)

Luke's POV

Today is a very special day. From the moment I got out of bed that morning I was all smiles.

I got dressed and headed downstairs where Dad was standing in the kitchen with his back to me.

"Someone's Happy this morning," he said.

"How'd you know?" I asked, bewildered.

Dad laughed and turned around, pointing out the window.

"The sprinkler went off when you woke up."

"Ah."

I sat at the island counter where dad had blue pancakes sitting. Ethan was eating beside me, an open book beside his plate.

"E," I said. "Pass the syrup."

Silence

"E. Ethan. Earth to Ethan."

"Hm?" He asked, pausing to finish a sentence before lifting his head. I kicked his stool. "Pass the syrup."

He shoved my shoulder before grabbing the syrup and setting it even farther away.

I stood to get it, ruffling Ethan's hair and shoving his head forward so he almost face planted his pancakes. I snatched up the syrup and sat down in a different chair, one farther away from Ethan.

Ariana came down the stairs then and occupied my previous seat, Bianca following and sitting on Ethan's other side.

I stayed the night at home last night because Dad needed Ariana and I babysit the twins while he went on a quick trip to Poseidon's palace to help Uncle Tyson with something.

I finished my pancakes in record time. "I'd love to stay and chat but I need to be off to Camp," I said, standing up and grabbing my overnight bag.

"What's the rush?" Ari asked, for she had to go back to Camp too, but she'd like to stay home a bit longer.

"Gotta see Noah," I called on my way out the door.

"It's his anniversary," I heard Dad tell Ariana.

I practically skipped the whole way back to Camp. I spotted Noah making his way to his Cabin after breakfast in the Dining Hall and I jogged to catch him.

I grabbed his hand(causing a shout of surprise) and spun him around. I kissed him and said, "Happy One Year."

He smiled into the kiss. "You too."

We spent the whole day together, ditching our activities. We took a picnic out to the strawberry fields, where Noah showed me a small clearing where we could sit.

We sat and talked, eating our sandwiches and strawberries straight out of the fields. Plus we kissed a couple times.

Later, when the sun was starting to set, I dragged Noah down to the lake were we climbed into a canoe and pushed off from shore.

"Don't we need a paddle?" Noah asked, confused.

"Nope," I answered, turning around to face him. I propelled us out farther and then stopped, plenty far from shore and we sat and talked for awhile. The sun had set and the stars were shining brightly.

"Hey, look, fireflies," Noah whispered. I don't know when it was, but we'd started whispering awhile ago. It seemed we didn't want to disrupt the peace of the night. 

I held out my hand and a firefly landed on my pinkie, blinking in and out of sight.

"Make a wish," Noah whispered.

"Can you make wishes on fireflies?" I asked with a giggle.

"I don't know," he admitted. "Who cares?"

So I made a wish and I blew in it softly and it flew off to join the rest of the fireflies.

Noah leaned off to the side to let his fingers glide along the water as we drifted and gave a shout when the canoe rocked and he fell back into the boat.

I got a sudden idea.

"Is the water cold?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I mean not really, but—"

I summoned a wave and tipped the boat. Noah barely had time to scream in surprise.

It was hard to see in the dark water, but I caught Noah's flailing arm, and making an air bubble for him, and I swam a bit deeper.

I made the air bubble big enough to envelope both of us. I grinned cheekily at him while he tried to glare  at me. Eventually he cracked a smile.

"You are so dead, Jackson," he giggled.

"Am I," I asked, pulling him closer and kissing him deeply.

"Wait," I said after awhile.

Noah looked disappointed. "What?" He asked.

"The water nymphs might be spying," I said.

"Take this somewhere else, then?" Noah asked with a raised eyebrow.

I grinned. "Poseidon Cabin's empty," I suggested.

"Awesome."

I propelled us both towards the surface and righted the canoe, using the water to get us back inside.

On our way to the Poseidon Cabin, Noah grabbed my hand. "Today was really great, Luke."

"Yeah it was. I love you."

"Love you too. More than anything."