Jason's POV(Fifty)

Edited 9/3/18

It's the middle of March and I'm feeling hopeful. Riley is eleven months old tomorrow and we're trying for another. Piper's sitting next to me on the bed while Riley is having a nap in his room.

She's holding the test, both of us waiting for results. Eventually Piper sighed. "Well, there's no use watching water boil, let's go for a walk and come back," she suggested.

I found myself nodding and she pulled me up. On our way out, I peeked in Riley's room and saw he was still fast asleep. He should sleep soundly for at least another hour.

We went on a walk around the block in silence. Neither of us wanted to break it, feeling like if we did, we'd loose this chance. We'd been trying to get pregnant ever since we were married, and we'd already suffered a miscarriage, and then we just couldn't get pregnant.

The doctor told us Piper has fertility problems but then we had Riley, our little miracle, and we were hoping that maybe, just maybe, another miracle could be on its way.

Holding hands, we swung them in between us as we walked, but not saying a word. I could tell Piper wanted to sprint back to the bedroom and see the test, but she forced herself to walk slowly with me. I pushed the bedroom door open and she dashed forward and picked up the test, standing on the bed.

She studied it intently and her face broke into a grin. She screamed and jumped up and down. "Yes!" I cheered and joined her in jumping on the bed.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her to me, kissing her passionately. She smiled around the kiss and only pulled away when we heard Riley crying. "We need to tell everyone like, right now," she said.

"You take care of him, I'll take care of the news."

She nodded, laughing again and then took off down the hall. I dashed to the bathroom and turned on the hot water, waiting for it to steam and then opened the window. The light streaming in the window made rainbows so I got out a drachma and threw it in. "Iris, goddess of the rainbow, show me Percy Jackson, New York."

An image appeared of Percy just finishing a diaper. "Ha!" He yelled, making me jump, "two twenty-five!"

"Dude, seriously, how are you so fast!" I complained, making him jump. "Jason! Oh! Hey, what's up?" He tried to look casual but failed hilariously. Then he remembered his daughter was squirming around on the change table below him and he buttoned up her teal onesies that read 'Daddy's Girl' and put on her dark leggings.

He sat her on his hip and curled a blonde curly strand of her hair around his finger. "So why'd you call?" He asked. "Oh just because Piper's pregnant again," I stated. "What? Like, seriously?" He asked. I nodded, a wide smile on my face. "That's great man! Really!" I could tell he was almost as excited as me, which was saying a lot.

After calling Percy, I called Leo, and then Frank, and then Nico. Finally, I called to tell Reyna and by that point, it was getting close to supper time. I came down the hall, disoriented from spending so much time Iris Messaging.

Piper was just setting Mac n Cheese on the table. Okay, so Piper isn't much of a cook, but you can't really beat Mac n Cheese. Riley was sitting in his highchair, squawking around and occasionally saying intelligible words.

"Guess who's going to be a big brother?" Piper asked. "Me!" He said gleefully. "That's right," Piper cooed.

Two weeks later...

Piper stumbled out of the bathroom, looking extremely nauseous. "Babe, what's wrong?" I asked. She looked like she was about to burst into tears. "I-I'm bleeding Jason. At first I thought it was just spotting but I don't know..."

I could just feel my heart sink. I went into autopilot and helped Piper into the living room. I kissed her forehead and went to get Riley up from his nap. He was obviously still tired, because he just rubbed his eyes and whined.

I helped Piper get into the car and sent a quick text asking for Reyna to meet us at the hospital and come get Riley. I didn't know if I could handle any bad news at this point, and I especially didn't want Riley there if bad news is what we got.

Reyna texted back almost immediately, saying she'd be there as soon as possible. I was pushing the speed limit the entire way to the hospital. Reyna was waiting for us and took Riley. She had a car seat in her car already and wished us well before heading back to camp.

We got into the ER and the doctor took us in right away. He asked us some questions but Piper was pretty much out of it. He took an ultrasound. Just the look on his face told me everything. We lost another child. Suffered another miscarriage.

Piper was delusional the rest of the night. Reyna said she would watch Riley for as long as we needed her to. Piper kept asking herself the same heartbreaking question over and over again until I thought I would lose my mind. "What am I doing wrong?"