Chapter: 41

Song for this Chapter: Doctor, Doctor; R5

Chapter: 41

Wednesday; January 27, 2021

-Edward-

"Well, looks like your blood pressure is normal."

I frown as I watch the doctor writing down on his clipboard. He finishes taking my blood pressure and sits down by his desk writing the results down.

"Thanks Doc!" I get down from the examination table putting the sleeves of my sweater down.

"You're in perfect health Edward. Come back in five months for your next examination."

"Will do," I smile nodding. "Umm wait I have a question Doc."

"What is it?"

"Have you uh ever been in love?"

"Well," he laughs taking off his glasses. "I been married almost for thirty years."

"What's that like?" I chuckle with a smile.

"It's the best feeling you could ever get. Once you find that special someone that can get your adrenaline pumping, you don't want to let go of that someone."

"That's how I'm feeling. I don't want to let her go. I feel like I can't get enough of this love. It feels like a drug you know? I'm addicted to this love," I laugh as the doctor chuckles.

"That's what love does to you son. If she feels the same way then it is meant to be."

"Once I get everything together, get my own place and everything... I want to ask her to move in with me. I'm excited to tell everyone about us."

**

It felt like talking to a therapist or something, but my doctor is a pretty laid-back lad. He hears all kinds of crazy stories from his patients.

I went to get some groceries then went back home and made dinner. Mum was going to get home earlier. One of her friends was going to drop her off and I just wanted to make something special for her.

"What smells so good?"

I chuckle as my mother walks into the kitchen. She sets her purse down then gives me a hug.

"I decided to spoil you since I don't do it as much mum," I smile pulling back as she then laughs.

"You don't have to make me any favors love. But I am starving."

"Then what are we waiting for my queen?" I smile kissing her cheek and lead her to the dining room. I serve her as I then serve myself and sit down beside her.

We start eating as she compliments my cooking skills.

"I should have you cook everyday," she says it as a joke. I laugh shaking my head and grab her hand kissing her knuckles.

"I wouldn't mind. Anything for the woman that gave me life and the best one may I add."
"I love you so much Edward," she pinches my cheeks then frowns. "How come you haven't been with a girl? If you're not into girls anymore and you're hiding your relationship with a guy then you know I don't have a problem, I'll love you regardless—"

"Mum!!"

"What? I'm just saying... It's been so long since you been with that sweet girl, Louis' sister."

"Mother... I am not gay if you're insinuating that," I chuckle looking down at my food as I play with it. "I'm with someone."

"You are?"

"It's a girl mother," I glare at her playfully as she then laughs.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry I assumed wrong. What's her name?"

"That... you'll find out at the party."

"What? I'm going to meet her then?"

"Yes... well of course."
"But I wanted to be the first one to know," she pouts.

"Mum, it's just a bit difficult for us. You'll see why, I just hope you accept her as my girlfriend. I love her. And I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

"Awwe sweetie. Wait... you're proposing already?!"

"Mum—"

"I haven't even met this girl and you're already planning a future with her?! How long have you been with her? Why am I the last to know?"

"Mother!" I can't help but laugh. "I'm not proposing, I meant once I have gathered up all my savings I want to find a nice house for us. It's just moving in at the moment. Later way in the future, then we can think about marriage."

"Moving in? Isn't that too fast either? It's sort of the same thing as if you were getting married."

"I don't want to be a hassle to you anymore mum. And we actually have been together for two years so it's not moving that fast at that rate."

"Wow... sweetheart you're not a hassle to me. I love having you around. Though I wish Harry was here as well. I wish I could see both of my boys together again. I wonder if Harry found a special girl like you did."

"I wonder that too," I chuckle a bit.

Is it possible that he has found someone new? I wouldn't have to worry about Savannah then. I'm sure she wouldn't want to be with him after what he did right? Just ending things like that with her... if he found someone then he's happy and Savannah should be able to not have feelings for him. Since she's with me now.

-Niall-

Claudia has been living with me since Monday, though I'm hardly at home because of work. I would be in the office and at the factory all day.

I would get a chance to talk with her for a bit mostly when we had supper then we both went to our rooms and went to bed.

I was excited to invite her to go with me to Edward's birthday party on Sunday since I forgot to mention that before. I was just too excited and happy to have her around once again.

She hasn't said anything of why she's wanting a place to stay for a while, why she's been gone for so long. Not sure if she had a fight with her parents, maybe they kicked her out or something. But I didn't dare ask her anything since I don't want to invade too much on her private life.

As I walk inside my home, I notice it's really quiet. Normally she would be watching T.V. in the den room, but she's not there.

"Claud?"

I searched everywhere even the kitchen, and all the rooms downstairs as I made my way upstairs and knocked on her room. There was no answer so I slowly opened the door and noticed a note by the desk.

I sigh as I read it. She was gone once again.