Chapter: 47

Song for this Chapter: Craving You; Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris

Chapter: 47

Sunday; February 7, 2021

-Niall-

I have been visiting my parents and sister more often now since I feel so lonely at my place. I would at times just stay at my old home. Knowing that my family is there, it's such a comfort.

I feel relaxed and relieved with them. Not sure why I bought my own place, a big house that feels so empty.

I decide to go back to my place after I had breakfast with my family. As I get out of my car my brows furrow as someone is seated on the steps. I walk closer as my heart stops for a moment.

"Claudia," I say quietly. A smile forms in the corner of my lips. I been hoping to see her again, she left a while ago and it makes me wonder why. She just keeps disappearing like that, with no proper goodbye.

"Hey Ni," she smiles slyly as she gets up. "I'm sorry I know I can't always come to you when I'm in trouble."

"What's going on?" I walk closer to her frowning.

"It's nothing important, but I hope it's okay I crash here for a few days? I will pay you my stay."

"Nonsense," I laugh then pull her in my arms hugging her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too Niall. I'm sorry for being a bother."

"You're not," I pull back and smile at her. "You're always welcomed here. My house is your house," I poke her cheek winking as I help her with her bags and walk inside.

I help her settle into her room and offer her something to eat and drink. She decides to make her own lunch as I can't help but blush as I admire her.

I knew these feelings would kick in. That I can't lie to myself about them. Liam made me realize that I have to take risks in life. Him and Alexa seem to be happy together, and I want to be happy too, with Claudia.

I love her.

All these years have been difficult since she couldn't be mine.

She seems so fragile I just want to protect her and love her. I want to hold her in my arms and never let go.

She's my everything.

I sigh rubbing my chin. She hears my sigh as she looks over but I just give her a smile.

"If you don't like it, you tell me. Don't lie to me," she laughs sitting down as she serves us both.

"Oh love I already though," I chuckle. "But I'll try it out."

"You ate? Oh it's okay you don't have to—"

"I want to," I smile as I take my fork and start eating. "Mmm this is delightful."

"Thanks," she laughs. "You're lying aren't you?"

"I'm not," I laugh. "I promise it's good, I like it."

"Okay good," she smiles as she starts eating from her plate. I smile at her admiring her like a piece of artwork.

She's so beautiful my heart burns.