Chapter: 65

Song for this Chapter: Stitches; Shawn Mendes

Chapter: 65

Saturday; March 6, 2021

-Edward-

Yesterday, Savannah didn't want to talk much of what we found out. I dropped her off at her home and watched her go inside as I stayed in the car for a moment, briefly anguishing everything. That guy recognized me, I remember where I've seen him before. I kept it all to myself, don't think Savannah will ever forgive me.

I let out a sigh and drove back home. Harry has fallen asleep on the couch while watching the news. I turned off the television and put a blanket over him as I headed upstairs to my room.

I tugged at my curls frustrated hoping my secret stays that way. I'm not going to allow Savannah in going back there. I'll be done for if she does. I was lucky for a second back there.

Undressing into my boxers, I lay on my back on my bed staring up at the ceiling my thoughts fulfilling my brain. I slowly closed my eyes and fell into a deep dream.

This morning I wasn't in the mood to eat pancakes. My mum got worried out of a sudden since I never reject her delicious breakfast.

I decided to go for a walk down the park, I suddenly get a text message from Savannah. She wanted to meet me somewhere. I texted her that I was at the park by my house. Well the one that is close by our houses.

I sit on a bench and just watch the people walk by. An old couple were seated on the bench across from me further in the corner. They were holding hands, the man was whispering something to his lady as she would smile and let out a giggle. The man raises her hand up kissing her knuckles as she would blush.

Awwe old people.

A young lad was throwing a frisbee far away as his husky ran to go get it. A young couple were making out on the grass by a giant tree. There was a family by a table as they were getting their paper plates out and cups. The mom would yell at her little boy to come over to eat. The husband was grilling, as he was making hamburgers and hot dogs.

My stomach began to growl as the smell hit my nostrils. I scrunched my nose and shook my head trying to ignore the fact that I was hungry since I didn't eat any breakfast and it was already past noon.

"Hey!"

I look over to my right as Savannah smiles walking over. I stand up smiling slyly at her.

"Hi."

"Umm mind if I sit?"

"Uh n-no not at all," I chuckle motioning to her to sit as she does so. I follow afterwards as we sit by each other but not that close though.

"It's a beautiful day out aye?" She grins as she stares ahead. I nod biting my bottom lip as I watch that lad laughing playing with his dog. The husky lays down on his back as the guy rubs his belly. "Good boy!" He told him.

"So... you wanted to see me?" I frown looking at her. She nods smiling at me.

"I wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?" I chuckle. "Why not tell me that over text?"

"Well... I wanted to say it to you personally. For real, Ed, thanks."

"You made me go so," I shrug smiling as she then laughs.

"I didn't put a gun to your head so hush."

"Still...," I snicker as I look ahead.

"Thank you. Even though I didn't find what I was looking for."

"You did find out something else..."

"That my mom is a whore?" She cackles rolling her eyes. I let out a sigh watching her.

"Did you talk to her about it?"

"No way. I don't think I could actually look at her again. My face falls of embarrassment. I could be anyone's daughter Ed. That's just wow," she sighs looking at me frowning. "What would you do in my place?"

"Not sure Savvy. But for a reason your mum kept it a secret, look at you now. You are furious with her because it's obviously something not to be proud of."

"It's not. I wonder if my grandpa knows. If my uncle Zac knew, I should ask uncle Victor too."

"So you are going to talk to your mum?"

"I don't know. I'm too embarrassed. But honestly, what would you do if your mom hid something from you?" She furrows her eyebrows as she stares at me curiously.

"If she hid something? Like what?" I chuckle.

"I don't know... maybe you and Harry are adopted? Or you had another father?" She chuckles shrugging. "Something really bad."

"Eek that's hard to say... hard to say Savvy. My mum she's an honest woman, she did tell us about our father, but I understood why she didn't want to go into detail. He just didn't want to deal with us. She was happy with Robin and whatever her happiness is, I'll always support her. I just appreciate all her honesty. But... if she did hide something from us as horrible as your mum's well... I would be mad. But I would let her explain herself. She has the right to give out her point of view, you should hear your mum's story first before judging. No matter what, she will always be your mum. She had you and suffered while doing so. Don't think it's easy having a kid," I chuckle making her smile.

"She didn't want to have me Edward. No wonder she wanted to abort me since she didn't know who my father is, because she was a prostitute."

"But she had you Savvy."

"She had no other choice, it was too late for her to put me into an abortion."

"She could have given you away, got someone to adopt you. But she didn't. She kept you. Think about that. What would have been of you if she actually gave you away? You think whoever would have kept you would have been 'better'? Your mum gave you everything, she gave you love even though you don't want to see it that way she did. Even Zac loved you so much. There's a lot you need to be grateful, don't judge what she did, she will be your mother always. There are other mums out there that give no fuck about their children and just abandon them. Ivana didn't."

"Gosh, I hate it when you're right," Savannah smiles. "Thanks Ed. You are quite wise with your words."
"I know I know," I laugh. "You're not going back to that horrible place right?"

"Nah ah," she giggles.

"Savvy," I grab her hand as that makes her frown. "You know I care about you, and whatever you need I'll be here for you. Don't eve doubt in coming to me."
"I won't. Thanks," she pulls her hand away as she gets up. I stand up as well and walk with her as she smiles a bit. "See you around."

"Wait, Savvy," I sigh and grab to her hand once again. "I need to be honest with you." She nods looking at me confused. "I know you are with Harry but umm I will never stop loving you. I still love you and whatever I do to make it stop, to make this feeling go away, I can't," I sigh looking down. "Even when your words were pain to my heart, all the beautiful moments that we have gone through, they conquer it all. I love you Savannah. I will never stop. I promise."

"You have to stop Ed," she pulls her hand away. "Don't hurt yourself that way. I'm with Harry and it will be that way."

"I will never hurt you Savvy. Take me back please," I close my eyes as I set my forehead against hers. She pushes me back gently.

"Edward I'm sorry no. You have to forget me. Goodbye," she sighs and walks off.

No one has ever left me quite this sore, but you keep luring me in somehow. I have to forget you, get you out of my head