Chapter: 43

Song for this Chapter: Never Be the Same; Camila Cabello

Chapter: 43

Sunday; January 31, 2021

-Harry-

The sky is dark as the stars make their beautiful appearance. My heart races more as the flight attendant announces that we are almost there.

I never thought I would come back once again after these two years. The only person I ever had communication with has been my mother. I have talked with Edward a couple of times to see how he's doing but the one that was always informed about my life has been my mum.

I stare out the window as I then close my eyes. Am I ready?

I wonder if everyone is still around. Would I see everyone? Would I see her?

This distance killed me.

**

Making my way through the airport, I doubt if I should inform my mum that I'm here.

"Mum," I smile as I call her. I drag my luggage with me as I walk out of the airport and hail a cab. The taxi driver helps me with my baggage putting it in the trunk. I sit at the back buckling up as I tell him the address of my home. "Yes I'm on my way."

"Text me when you get here, I want to surprise everyone. I'm so happy you're able to come back sweetie."

"I'm happy too, I missed you."

"I missed you more sweetie. Can't wait for you to get here."

"I'll be there in a couple of minutes," I chuckle as I say my goodbyes to her as I then hang up. My hands start to sweat and shake.

Will she be there?
**

I thank the driver as he helps me with my luggage to the front door. I text my mum that I'm here. Knowing her, she has the phone glued to her hand.

I wait patiently looking around.

The door then opens as my mum squeals and hugs me tight.

"Sssh don't say a word yet," she grins grabbing my hand leading me inside leaving the door open.

Everyone gasps as they notice my presence. The one person I notice first is Savannah.

My heart stops for a moment.

"Harry is back!" My mum says excitedly as she kisses my cheek. Everyone cheers breaking the awkward silence. Mum hugs me tight as I hug her back. "I'm so happy to have you baby."

"Me too mama," I kiss her cheek hugging her tight. I pull back as Niall then attacks me into a hug.

"Mate!! Has it been that long?" He laughs pulling back. "You look the same!"

I laugh rolling my eyes.

My mum goes over to some of her friends as she watches me get greeted by my own.

"You don't change faces Nialler."

"Oh we're with the nicknames now," he laughs patting my back.

"Welcome back home lad," Louis shakes my hand then pulls me in to a bro hug.

"My brother!" Edward laughs as I chuckle greeting him as well.