Chapter: 55

Chapter: 55

Thursday: February 25, 2021

-Savannah-

I was sleeping so peacefully until I woke up jumping from the cold water.

"What the hell?!" I scream wiping my face then glare over at Casey who looks at me innocently with the empty water bottle.

"It's past noon, my aunt told me to wake you up."

"And? You didn't have to dump water on me!"

"She didn't specify how to wake you up," she shrugs.

"I'm going to kill you!!" I get up going after her as she screams running out of my room. I follow her down the hall as she then hides behind my uncle.

"Whoa what's going on?" He laughs.

"She wants to kill me!" Casey starts fake crying.

I roll my eyes and just cross my arms against my chest.

"She threw water on me," I say with clenched teeth.

"I just woke her up! She sleeps like a log!" Casey defends.

"And? That's none of your business!" I argue.

"Okay both need to calm down alright?" My uncle asks gesturing to us both with his hands. "Casey don't do that again please, this is not your house. Show some respect, Savannah lost someone very important in her life. I lost my brother, this is not a time to start acting foolish."

"You're defending her dad?" She raises her eyebrows.

"You're acting like a brat Casey," he huffs. "Go downstairs and help your mother and aunt with the cleaning yeah?"

"What?! That's not my job!"

"Casey don't argue with me young lady. Now go," he tells her sternly as she huffs giving me a glare and stomps downstairs. My uncle turns to face me then gives me a hug. "I'm sorry about her, if you need to rest go ahead. I will talk to your mother, things like these are hard to heal. You took it the hardest."

"Yeah, thanks uncle," I hug back tight then pull away with a soft smile. "I'm just going to take a bath and read or something. I'm locking my door I don't want interruptions."

"I understand," he smiles cupping my face then kisses the top of my head. "I'm going to go get some groceries. Want anything?"

"Ice-cream," I smile as he laughs and nods giving me a thumbs up before disappearing downstairs.

I go inside my room locking my door and undress as I prepare my bath. After preparing it I get in and relax. I close my eyes as I lay back. After my few minutes of alone time, I change into some comfortable clothes and brush my hair then my teeth as I make my way out of my room.

I walk downstairs as I feel a bit better forgetting about Casey already.

Voices stop me mid-way the stairs as I listen carefully.

"When are you going to tell her?" I hear uncle Victor say.

"Never," my mother whispers. "Vic, she can't know who her father is. He doesn't deserve to know he has a daughter."

My eyes widen as I stand still not believing my ears.

"He's her father Ivana. Maybe knowing about her could change things."

"Oh please, if he hasn't changed with his son, what makes you think he will knowing he has a daughter?"

"Son?" I whisper to myself. My heart is racing. My father never knew of me?

"Your daughter deserves what he has. It is not fair."

"What are you talking about?" I walk over in a demanding tone as both are seated on the couch and suddenly stop talking and stare at me as if I was a ghost.

"Huh?" My mom smiles and gets up. "Honey how are you feeling? Do you want me to make you a sandwich?"

"Don't ignore my question," I snap. "I heard everything."

"Every-everything?" My mom's eyes widen.

"Sweetheart, your mother has a good explanation for it," my uncle gets up as well.

"Then explain it," I look at her waiting for her answer.

"There is nothing to explain, you heard nothing," my mom says.

"You lied to me! My father didn't leave us, he doesn't know I exist!"

"You're hearing stuff, your father did leave us."

"Stop it! I heard you both! Why doesn't he deserve to know I exist huh? What did my dad do to you?!"

"He's not a good man Savannah so drop it."

"But he has a son? Was he a married man when you had me?" My eyes widen as my mom stays silent. "Answer me!!"

"Enough!" She yells at me. "I am not discussing this with you," she huffs and walks past me up the stairs.

"Uncle," I look over at him with tears in my eyes.

"I can't say anything if Ivana won't," he sighs. "I'm sorry, that's not my responsibility."

"At least tell me my dad's name. Please."

"Umm I should call your aunt, remind her of your ice-cream, she wanted to go out with Casey so," he chuckles shrugging and walks off.

I sigh wiping away my tears then run out of the house.

I take a walk and reach Starbucks as I sit there staring at my drink. I decide to call Harry to come get me.

He does so after a few minutes and takes me to his house without asking me anything. As we arrive, we are greeted by his mother. Anne smiles giving me a hug as she offers me something to drink.

I hang out with Harry and Anne as me and him go to the living room and watch Netflix. The time goes by as I just don't want to go home. I look over at Harry pleading to let me stay the night.

"Mum?" Harry turns around as Anne walks over as she's grabbing her coat.

"Yes love?"

"Can Anna sleepover? She's in a fight with her mum."

"Oh sweetie," she lets out a sigh and walks over as she frowns at me. "I don't want any funny business going on alright?" She warns us as she points to Harry. He lets out a laugh and blushes.

"Maaaa."

"I'm serious!"

"I'll stay here in the living room I don't mind," I chuckle.

"Nonsense," Harry huffs. "You will take my bed and I will take the couch."

"But Harry—"

"I mean it," he smiles at me.

"Also Savvy, call your mother. Let her know you're here so she doesn't worry. Yeah?" Anne smiles at me.

"Okay I will Anne, thank you."

"Alright, I'm going to work," she kisses Harry's forehead then gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

As she leaves, I send a text message to my mom letting her know where I'm at and not to expect me tonight. She tried calling me but I would ignore it.

That night, Harry insisted for me to take the bed but I convinced him to sleep beside me. We are not doing anything wrong anyway.

I cuddled his side and closed my eyes.

I felt safe in his arms, I just hope my mom is willing to tell me the truth tomorrow.