Chapter 13: An Envious Heart

A/N - Hi guys! Ik I'm uploading late af but I'm gonna be doing other things this week so I'm doing this now. Also, Ik I said last chapter this chapter would focus largely on the fighting but I had to make some adjustments and save that for next chapter cause what I had written made this chapter too dang long.

Anyway, Please consider commenting and voting! That'd really be appreciated ❤️ Enjoy!

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 13: An Envious Heart

"Guh, this is ridiculous," Jiraiya pushed some rubble off from him as he, Kakashi, and Iruka were wounded. "How do you just fight someone who knows your every strategy? Whatever you come up with, she's just one step ahead of you each time."

"I hear you..." Kakashi agreed and dusted himself off. "Nothing we're trying is working on this woman."

"I'm telling you guys," Iruka yelled from where he was at as he was holding onto his bleeding arm. He was covered in dirt, cuts, and bruises. "Stop thinking so much and fight her blindly. We'll never be able to take her down at this rate. Nia said Naruto was able to defeat her by just acting without thinking. I know it sounds ridiculous and hard to believe, but we need to be reckless like Naruto is and we'll gain the upper hand."

"If that's true, then why haven't you managed to land a solid hit on her, Iruka?" Jiraiya questioned.

"It's a lot easier said than done. I can't help but think when I'm in battle. It's the reason why we're all getting beaten down. We're all strategic fighters, not reckless knuckleheads like Naruto."

"He does make a point..." Kakashi agreed.

Jiraiya sighed. "Well, I guess we got nothing to lose. We might as well try harder to do as instructed cause what we're doing now isn't getting us out of this trouble we're in."

"It certainly isn't..." All three men looked up to see their opponent standing atop the roof of a building in front of them. "Why keep trying to win a losing battle? I can read your thoughts... I know every move you'll pull."

"It's always a shame to engage in battle with a beauty such as yourself," Jiraiya got on his two feet. "But like every threat, I must do what's right and take you down."

"Oh?" Fuyuka chuckled. "If there's one thing I'm sure of, I'm battling a bunch of perverts. I applaud you for even being able to try and hurt a beautiful woman like myself. Most men just can't handle such beauty. Looks can kill, you know..."

"You guys!" Someone had suddenly appeared on the battlefield in front of the four. "I'm here now. You guys alright?"

"Naruto..." Kakashi was a bit stunned to see the blonde. "You're... back to normal?"

"Back to normal?" The genin looked over his shoulder. "What're you talking about? Of course I'm normal."

"Fuyuka there had drawn out your darker half earlier," The sannin explained. "You completely was out of it I presume while you were in that state of mind. All you wanted to do was hurt all those around you but we ended up making a deal with you to get you out of the way and focus all of our attention on the bigger threat before us."

"Wait," This panicked the blonde. "D-Did I... hurt someone?"

Kakashi and Jiraiya exchanged looks.