Chapter 58: The Heavenly Afterlife

A/N - Hey again y'all! So after last chapter, i felt bad, so I decided to give you guys another chapter, but be warned, it's less than a thousand words.

Please remember to comment and vote and enjoy.

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 58: The Heavenly Afterlife

Nia awoke on her back to a cherry blossom falling on her face

Nia awoke on her back to a cherry blossom falling on her face. She felt warm and a calming feeling soothed her. She slowly stood to her feet. Everything around her was a light pink color with white clouds and trees decorating the area.

Below her feet was a pink marbled floor with little amounts of water on it. Everytime Nia took a step forward, the water rippled.

"I see... so the prophecy came true after all, huh?" A familiar voice came from behind. "What a shame..."

'That voice...' Nia twisted her body around only to see what she thought was a ghost.

"J-Jiraiya sensei..." Her lip wobbled as she took in the sudden appearance of the sannin.

"I was hoping the next time I'd see you, you'd be an old lady, Nia — Not a young woman."

No matter how hard she tried, the girl had no recollection of what happened to her.

"W-Where am I?" She observed the area. "What happened to me? Aren't... you dead? Is this... a dream?"

Jiraiya took a deep breath in and revealed.

"You... were murdered... by a member of the Akatsuki."

That stung him more to say than it did for Nia to had to have listened to all that.

"M-Murdered?" Her eyes widened as images of her last moments flashed through her mind.

"NO! NARUTO!" She hollered as tears filled her eyes.

She gripped the old man's clothing.

"Please tell me... Please tell me my hero is alright?!"

"He's not doing so hot right now..." Another voice crept in as a man who Nia believed looked similar to Naruto, approached her.

"WAAAAH!" There was a screaming baby in his arms as it was wrapped in a pink blanket.

"You... look familiar..."

"Why you're looking at the legendary fourth Hokage, my dear," Jiraiya introduced the man.

'He sure is handsome,' Nia thought as the sound of another baby filled her ears.

She looked to her left to see a woman with a white shirt underneath a long dark green dress approach the four. What struck Nia the most was her red long hair that dropped pretty much down to her ankles.

"There, there now..." She tried to soothe the baby in her arms as that one was wrapped around in a purple blanket.

Nia took a step back when the woman stood in front of her, rocking the small life in her arms.

"Those babies are really cute," She commented as she reached to pinch it's chubby cheek.

At her touch, the one in the purple blanket stopped crying and only sniffled.

"They're... our grandchildren," The redhead replied as she gave a warm smile to the girl.

There was a sudden sting in Nia's heart as she lowered her eyes and rested her hand on her belly.

Being that she was in the afterlife, Nia suffered from no wounds or injuries. Everything that she suffered from on Earth was now healed in heaven.

"I... was pregnant... with what was supposed to be my boyfriend and I's baby, but then... I died."

"We know..." The forth Hokage, responded, carrying over the baby in his arms to the girl. "We've been watching everything going on earth from here."

"I just..." Nia blinked tears out of her eyes as they streamed down her face. "I just loved my boyfriend so much. I wanted to be his wife... I wanted to give birth to his babies and now..."

Nia threw her hands over her face and sobbed into them, squatting down as she done so.

"Now I can't be in his arms anymore. I can't feel the tenderness of his kiss. I can't hear him say he loves me anymore. Those moments had been taken away from us for eternity."

"That's not necessarily true," One more person made their intro as they had a cigarette lit up in the corner of their mouth and their hands in their pockets. "Once Naruto dies, the two of you will be reunited."

Nia moved her hands a little and took note of his appearance. She could've sworn she seen him before... maybe in a photo.

"Asuma..."  Minato turned his head behind him, watching as the sensei made his way over to them.

"Ah!" It suddenly clicked to Nia who he was and pointed a finger at him. "You were the guy Shikamaru told me about once! You were his sensei, right? The one that died while battling one of the Akatsuki?!"

"Yeah... you can say that."

Nia rose back up.

"It's nice knowing that all you people made it here and are in peace, but... my babies... I'll never know what they look like or what they'll sound like. I'll never get to raise them and see them make something out of their lives."

"Don't be too sure of that," Minato grinned and moved a small part of the blanket away from the baby in his arms as it cried. "Take a closer look."

The baby was that of a light brown color, somewhat lighter than Nia but a bit darker than Naruto. It's hair was dark brown and there were two whisker marks on it's cheeks. When it opened it's eyes, it revealed to have that of a dark blue color.

Nia felt an overwhelming connection to it and a love so deep, it couldn't be rivaled.

"This one looks the exact same to the baby Minato is holding." Kushina said, her eyes were watery as she gazed down at the baby she was carrying.

"Don't they look rather familiar?" Jiraiya smiled and crossed his arms, watching as minato handed over the small human for the young girl to hold.

"WAAAAH! Waaah!" The baby's cheek was stained with tears as Nia held it.

"Oh gosh," The kunoichi whimpered as a new fresh set of tears rolled down her cheeks. "This baby... It couldn't possibly be... could it?"

Minato rested a hand on her shoulder and gently spoke, "That baby... and the one my wife is holding... is yours and our son's babies..."

---

A/N - Short chapter, but a chapter nonetheless. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it! Please comment and vote and have a great rest of your day ❤️

QOTD:

1. Fave Part?

2. Fave Line?

3. What do you feel was the most emotional part?