Chapter 19: The Poisonous Mushroom - Naruto's Sick Day

A/N - Hi guys! Nice to interact with you all again! Chapter is finally done and ready to be updated!

Please comment and vote and enjoy reading ❤️❤️❤️

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 19: The Poisonous Mushroom — Naruto's Sick Day

"Ugggh! This is the worst!" Naruto groaned as a washcloth was on his forehead and he was laying in bed sick as a dog.

"I told you not to eat that mushroom, but you did," Nia shook her head as she sat near the genin with a glass of water in her hand.

"It just looked... really good, ya know?"

"That doesn't mean it's edible. You need to look pass the appearance of things, Naruto. The mushroom we were looking for wasn't pleasing to the eye, but it was the healthy one to eat." Nia lightly scolded the blonde as she helped him sit up and tilted the glass gradually up as he began sipping the water slowly.

When she was done, she noticed there was some vomit on his jacket and as she wore her gloves, she helped him out of it and placed it in a basket where she would wash it for him later. Looking into his closet, Nia then grabbed him a black shirt with an orange swirl at the center of it and placed it on him.

"Your food will be done in a little while, all right?" She told him gently, "For now, let me just change this bucket for you. You've been vomiting a lot."

As she did that, Naruto waited for her return and when she came back, she placed a new bucket by his side then took the cloth off his forehead to wet it again with cold water, squeeze the extra water out, then place it back onto him as he sighed in relief.

"Curly Brow," He talked as she began to take out some bland crackers for him to eat while he waited for his food, "You're... an angel, ya know?"

"Oh no..." The girl began to blush while smiling to herself, "I'm no angel. I just like to do whatever I can for you. I'll always be here to take care of you when you're sick."

"What? You really mean that?" Naruto weakly replied before wincing.

"Of course I do," Nia answered with a smile as she kissed his cheek then gently lowered him back onto his pillow, "I promise."

Feeling touched, the genin grew red as his lips curved upwards.

"I promise to do the same for you too, ya know?"

"Mhm," The girl understood then placed her hand on his cheek, "Okay, why don't you get some rest now? I gotta go back and keep preparing your food, all right? If you need something, just ring this bell I'm putting beside you, okay?"

"Yeah... thank you."

"No problem, I just hope you feel better real soon. I'm so worried about you."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be in perfect shape in no time, thanks to you, Sweetie."

"That relieves me," Nia sighed happily, "I'll do my best for you, Naruto."

However, some time later, Naruto clung onto a orange plastic bucket as if it were a life raft. His stomach felt like the bag in a set of bag-pipes being vigorously squeezed. With a heaving lurch of his stomach another small mouthful of bile dribbled from his quivering lips into the waiting pool of rancid vomit.