Chapter 44: Move Out

A/N - Hi everyone! Please read Blazing Empress by SooMinGi, who also drew the cute illustration above, and check out The Craving by AnyaKing97

New chapter is up! Please comment and vote and have fun reading ❤️

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 44: Move Out

"Baby, I don't want you to leave," Nia was holding onto Naruto as he did the same with her. "I wanna go with you."

"You can't, Nia," He told her. "This mission involves another jinchuuriki. The Akatsuki may be involved in this whole thing and I don't wanna risk you having an encounter with them. It's safer for you to just head back to the village with the rest of the group."

"But honeybun," The girl pouted.

Naruto cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"Your hero will be back to hold you sometime soon. I promise you won't have to wait long. Maybe a few days max, ya know?"

"My heart already misses you," She expressed.

"Gosh, you're so cute."

"You two are gonna have to hurry up," Yamato interrupted. "We need to be there as soon as possible."

"You heard the captain," Naruto said. "Your hero has to leave..."

"My hero," Nia went into his arms. "I'll miss you..."

"Yeah, I'll miss you too," The genin held her close.

Hinata looked on with a depressed look in her eyes.

"Oh Naruto," Nia drowned in his embrace.

"Sweetie," The blond rested his cheek atop the girl's head.

With a saddened sigh, Nia then pulled away from him, though not before pecking him on the lips.

"Just please promise me you'll return home to me safe and sound?" They held hands.

"Yeah, of course," Naruto beamed a smile and raised her hand to his lips, planting a gentle kiss on them before tightly grasping them in his hands again. "I promise."

This prompted a smile from his mate.

"You don't have to worry about Nia over here," Kiba threw an arm over the girl's shoulder and pulled her close to him. "For as long as she sticks near me, she'll be in good hands."

"You get your hands off her, dammit!" Naruto pushed at his friend's chest and snaked his arm around Nia's waist and pulled her close to him.

"Don't start acting up now," Kakashi interrupted. "Kiba, you respect their relationship and Naruto, let's get going. Nia will be just fine."

"I don't want her going anywhere with Kiba," The blond expressed.

"Chill out. No one is going to do anything to her, all right?"

"Naruto, he's right," Nia stayed in his arms. "I'll be safe."

"That's not what I'm concerned about, sweetie..."

"Time is ticking, Naruto," Sakura rushed her teammate. "Let's go, let's go, let's go."

"Ughhh," He groaned. "Listen Kiba, you seriously better not lay a finger on my sweetheart, ya know!'

"Whatever, man..."

"Haah, I'll just watch her for you while you're gone, all right? But just this one time," Shikamaru offered.