Chapter 47: Tied Together

A/N - Hello everyone :) I couldn't wait any longer so this chapter came out a day early. This is about 5,000 words and I worked hard on it. Please consider commenting and voting and enjoy ❤️

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 47: Tied Together

"Hinata, don't cry..." Tenten rubbed the girl's back as the Hyuga sobbed into her hands. "Ino just checked Nia out. She isn't pregnant so there's no need for you to cry."

"Oh Naruto," She whimpered as tears streamed down her face.

Ino sighed.

"Hinata, you may not like what we have to say, but we're your friends and we're going to tell you what you need to hear: It's time for you to get over Naruto."

"But how? I just don't know how."

"We may not have all the answers right now, but we'll figure something out together. We can't just keep letting this drag out. This is really impacting your mental health."

"I agree..." Neji came out from the shadows as he approached the three girls. "This whole thing is just making you miserable.

Meanwhile... Elsewhere...

"Haah..." Nia breathed a soft sigh as she sat alone atop a hill with her knees to her chest and her arms wrapped around her knees.

"You... okay?" A voice came from behind her.

"Oh Shikamaru, what's up?" She greeted the boy as he took a seat next to her.

"I'm just here to check on you..."

"Oh?" She gave a soft smile. "Well... I'm doing okay..."

"Are you sure? What happened out there with Hinata got pretty heated."

"Well... she's trying to take Naruto away from me."

"Yeah, but..."

"There is no "but", Hinata wants him for herself and will go through any lengths to make that happen."

"She... really likes him."

Nia nodded. "Yeah... but even so... she's not allowed to have him."

Shikamaru sighed and said, "Don't you think you should try and be a little more understanding? The girl is crying her eyes out over there by the others."

"I've been understanding long enough. I gave her enough time to get over Naruto, and it only seems as though her feelings strengthened."

"I mean, she's had a crush on him since we were kids. That's years, Nia..."

"And yet she never decided to brave up and go talk to the guy. She's had years to try and win him over. It's not my fault she lacks courage when it comes to him."

"That's a bit harsh, don't you think?"

"It's the truth. She practically blames me for Naruto not acknowledging her feelings when she never even puts the effort into talking to him in the first place!"

Shikamaru stayed silent.

"Haah," Nia sighed once more, resting her chin atop her knees. "Shikamaru... I don't know what I'm going to do. I try to be understanding of Hinata... I really do, but... it's hard."

"Let's try and be a little more patient. It must be really rough for her to see her longtime crush with another woman. And... it must hurt her to know that maybe if she wasn't so shy, she could've won Naruto over..."

"That's exactly why I try to be so patient and understanding of her, because... I know how that feels to have strong feelings for someone that I'm too shy to talk with then watch as another girl snatches them away. All because... I was too shy to say something. I had to deal with that more than once and it still hurts me sometimes to this very day to know my shyness ruined everything, but it is what it is..."