(REQUEST) (The answer to the biggest question) (Alexios X Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO Bubble_Tea_Assassin FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. ANY OTHER REQUESTS ARE ALLOWED.

What's the biggest question of all?

Is love real?

Well, it's the biggest question of all that you have.

It really makes you think and ponder whether or not it was true or not. Of course you've heard of stories and saw people expressing their love for one another, but was it all made up or was it the truth? Well, the only proof you can get is if it ever happens to you.

You used to live on Kephallonia with your mother, but after her death from a plague outbreak, you had to move to Sparta to live with your brother until you were able to get your own place. The only bad thing about living with your brother was the empty wine pitchers on the ground. Other than that, he understood your situation and said you could stay as long as you want.

It was nice and lively in Sparta with the exception of a lot of enforcement. The two kings were doing their duties while also practicing their self defense. It was a bit odd but you didn't dare to question them. The people seemed a bit overprotective. This was most likely because of the ongoing war between Sparta and Athens. "When will it end"?

In Sparta, there was a commander named Lysandor who stood at the statue of Leonidas. He was a very serious commander and didn't think twice about his decisions. You mostly avoided him but today when you saw him, you saw a misthios (mercenary) with very impressive armor. Even from a far, he looked handsome.

You worked up enough confidence to go up to him. He was about to walk away when he saw you looking at him. You got nervous and quickly looked away. He was cautious and curious about you so he followed you. You looked behind you and saw he was indeed following you.

You were now more embarrassed and ran off. Unaware he was following you. Once you reached an empty spot, you looked back and saw him coming up from behind. You ran off again and started running up the big hill that overlooked the town. "Slow down". You ignored him and kept running until you had to stop to catch your breath. You then felt someone grab your shoulder. "Why did you run"?

You looked up and saw it was the misthios (mercenary) and he looked exhausted but mad. You laughed and said, "Ha, I win". He looked confused and asked, "What are you talking about"?

"I won. I beat you".

"Oh, so it was a race? Why didn't you tell me"?

"I didn't know if you wanted to or not". He seemed to understand but he had something else to say. "What's your name"?

"Alexios, and what's yours"?

"(Y/n)" you said with a heartwarming smile. Alexios thought of two different things.

♡ Flirt

Or

❌ Attack

Alexios would never harm you but did think you pretty and wanted to know more about you. He decided to flirt. "I bet I can beat you if we race again" he said with smile. You looked at him and smiled with a hint of sneak. "Ok... 3 2 1, GO"!

You then raced off as Alexios smiled and raced after you. It was a nice change of pace for the both of you. Alexios must've been exhausted from doing all the mercenary work, and you just need a break in general. You had one place in mind and it was down at the dock. You had to race through the town but it didn't matter. The guards are just going to have to deal with it.

You raced past people and didn't look behind you since you had to focus on the direction you were heading down. A smile was stretched across your beautiful face and you didn't have a care in the world. You were having fun with a handsome man by racing to the docks and hopefully you could see him again in the future. You kept racing to the dock until it was in view and you said, "You've lost, Alexios".

You finally reached the dock and looked around and didn't see Alexios anywhere. "Where is he"?

"I'm up here". You looked up and saw Alexios on one of the stands smirking at you. "And I won". You gasped and when he jumped down you started smacking him on the arms playfully. "You cheater, that's not fair". He laughed and took a hold of your hands to stop the hits.

♡ Flirt

Or

Leave

Alexios wasn't done yet. He really enjoyed the time you spent with him and didn't want the fun to end yet, so he kept flirting. "I don't cheat, but I did win, and the winner deserves a prize". You looked at and said, "What do you want? Drachmae"?

"No. I want you". You smiled and looked into those deep eyes. "Alright, fine. But not out here, obviously". He released one of your hands to guide you somewhere unknown. "Where are we going"?

"Somewhere more private".

TIMESKIP:

Alexios and you did you know you what and it was the most magnificent thing to have ever occurred. The next morning, you awoke and saw Alexios was still asleep beside you. He seemed so peaceful so you didn't want to disturb him. You went outside to sit on a big rock that overlooked Sparta. It wasn't busy yet since the sun wasn't out just yet.

You started to think about Alexios and wondered if you would see him again since he is a mercenary but he seemed free willed and had a lot of time on his hands. "Enjoying the view"? You turned around and saw Alexios adjusting his armor and went to sit down beside you. "Yes but may I ask you a question, Alexious"?

"Of course".

"What will you do now? Leave or stay with me? I won't judge you on whatever you choose but I hope you at least come to visit". Alexios thought about your question and smiled when an idea came to mind. "I choose both".

"What do you mean"?

"Join my crew on the Adrestia. That way you can still be with me and sail to explore new lands". You smiled brightly and kissed him hard on the lips with delight. "I'd love too! Yes, I'll go get ready now"! You stood up and ran back inside to at least pack a couple things but there was one thing that was one question you always had.

Is love real?

But now it has an answer.

Yes!

Author's notes:

Ok, here you go Bubble_Tea_Assassin. Sorry your request took so long but when you asked for a different character, I had to go back and change everything. I'm happy it's done now and can make more one shots surrounding our Spartan lover.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Please leave a vote and make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊