(REQUEST) (Swept into loving arms) (Frye Twins X Child! Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO Bek_20 FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. ANY OTHER REQUESTS ARE ALLOWED.

1868.

What was one of the worse things imaginable at the time? Murder? Gangs?

Both of those things are bad in itself but there was one thing that was just as terrible as both. Child labor! Innocent children being made to work with terrible working conditions and both physical and emotional abuse. It was heartbreaking to see but there was an instance where it had gotten worse. Most of the children were eight to twelve years of age. The youngest they were was seven but never younger than that. In this instance, there was a young girl who was the youngest worker in all of London.

Only four years old!

Sadly, that worker was you. But that poor reputation was now gone since you've been fired for unnecessary reasons. Ever since then, you've been living on the streets in an alleyway. Today was no different. You wake up, you beg for money, food and you're nothing but skin and bones. You were exhausted, hungry and lonely. The day ended and you only had enough money for bread but that was it. Now that it was late, you had to get some rest but it would get worse. Tonight, it started to rain and you had no roof over your head.

You only cried as you laid there getting soaked. Many passed by you but two stopped in their tracks. Not on the road but from the the rooftops. "Evie"?

"I see her". Two Assassins. Both siblings by blood and can be dangerous people. But here's the kicker... Deep down inside both of them, they were big softies. It was Jacob who went in to save the young soul as fast as possible. He quickly enveloped the young girl in his arm and went back up to the rooftop. The young girl was visibly shaking out of fear but Jacob quickly did what he could to calm your nerves. "Shhhhh shh shh shh, it's alright. Your safe now".

Both Assassins then noticed your injuries more clearly and saw that you were nothing but skin and bones. "Evie, she's all skin and bones".

"I see that. Come, we'll take her back to the hideout to treat her wounds and Henry can go retrieve some food for her". The plan was set and the two Assassin's raced back to their hideout as fast as possible, but all the while, Jacob was being as careful as possible since he was carrying precious cargo. You were afraid of being dropped because of the height so you clutched onto Jacobs trench coat for dear life. Luckily they made it back to the train and quickly got Henry to go grab supplies for you.

Jacob sat you on a bed as Evie grabbed bandages for your arm. When she started to reach for your arm, you pulled your arm away from her but she quickly reassured you that you were you were safe. You looked at Jacob and he said, "Don't worry. She may be too judgemental but she won't hurt you". Evie rolled her eyes and you hesitantly let her wrapped your arm up. Other than your arm, it was just bruises and small cuts. But your arm and your hunger was something that couldn't be ignored. "There" Evie said as she finished wrapping up your arm, "all better".

It took awhile, but Henry finally came back with the food and placed them on a table top. Evie grabbed some bread and when she handed it to you, it was no surprise that you began eating it like a wild animal. "What now"?

"She can stay here. At least for awhile". Jacob was glad that was Evies response since it would pain him and even Evie to send you to an orphanage this soon. Staying here for awhile was the best option.

TIMESKIP:

It had been two weeks since the Frye twins have taken you in and it had been the best two weeks of your life. You gained just the right amount of weight, your wounds were healing well and both the Frye twins gave you the love and comfort you were starved for. Right now, Jacob was told to watch over you so he decided to take you out to a safe place to play. The train cars were too small so he thought it would be better to take you to a large area where not that many people would pass by. "Let me see what you can do" Jacob said as he got in a playful fighting stance.

With all your strength, you charged at Jacob and launched into him. He caught you and launched you up into the air. You laughed loudly as you were tossed up into the air repeatedly and spun around. Jacob was enjoying making you laugh and smile since it was the most heartwarming thing he has ever heard and seen. "Ready to fly, little rook"?

"Yes yes yes"! Jacob then balanced you on your stomach on the palm of his hand and kept his other hand on your back to keep you from falling. He started to swing you around as if you were indeed flying and swayed you back and forth. You laughed in delight as he kept going on with his tactic to make you fly. "Careful Jacob". Jacob looked over and saw Evie standing there with an amused and worried look. "She could fall".

"She won't fall, I got her".

"Either way, it's been three hours". Jacob rolled his eyes and carefully handed you off to Evie. The twins agreed to have at least three hours a day of one on one time with you and the rest of the day was spent with whatever else was needed. They were still Assassins but were still able to have time for you. Evie brought you back to the train to read to you as you sat on her lap. She would read poems and short stories that were age appropriate where as Jacob tried to, at one point, read you a monster story. That earned him a slap to the back of the head.

Evie kept on reading to you as your head rested on her shoulder. Your eyes soon started to close as she kept reading and Evie had a soft smile appear when she saw peacefully you slept. She soon finished the book and saw that Jacob had returned. Jacob also had a small smile appear as well when he saw you. Evie put the book aside and carefully laid you down in the bed that was across from her. Both of the twins gave you a gentle kiss on the head and left quietly to let you sleep. While it was a easy for them since you were not a very hyper girl, they had to admit...

Taking you in under their wing was one of the best decisions they've ever made.

Author's notes:

Ok, here you go Bek_20. These are my favorite type of one shots to write and I hope they're your favorites as well. I'm going to go ahead and say that, once again, I'm grateful to have awesome readers. You guys are amazing. Requests?

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊