(REQUEST) (The past stays in the past) (Haytham Kenway X Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO TrendWizardfam FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. REQUESTS ARE CLOSED FOR NOW.

We all have our secrets. The one thing that they all have in common is that they happened in the past. They could be good, bad or ugly. But when you say, "That was in the past", it mostly implys that it was a bad thing. But in your case, it was horrible, but it wasn't your fault. You were blamed for it and you were always on the run and could never have a chance to clear your name.

There was no chance to even attempt to explain what really happened that night but no one would listen as they just made you seem like the bad guy, which wasn't true. Now I know you must be wondering what happened that night... So here's what happened...

One night, you came home to find your parent's and brother murdered in cold blood. You screamed in terror and saw someone flee from the scene. You tried to chase after him or her but when someone heard you scream, someone saw you running away and chased after you. You were tackled to the ground and brought to custody. Of course you tried to tell them that you didn't cause this but no one would listen. You sat in a jail cell for two days and were going to be executed. There were no more tears left to cry so you had no other options. While be transported to the gallows, a collision occurred and the wagon was flipped over and it broke the wooden doors. That was your chance. You ran for dear life and were met with gunfire but you made it.

That was a year ago and you had traveled from Pennsylvania all the way to Boston. You were tired of running and didn't want to live with the pain anymore but the thought of suicide was horrible enough but it made you think of how your parent's and brother would think. They would be deeply saddened by this. Because of this, you kept running and running. Now that you had found an inn, you could relax for awhile. You knew it was only for the night but you still wished you could find a home to call your own.

You paid to sleep there for the night and the maid showed you to your room who was polite and offered you free food since you said you've been traveling for a while. She was nice so that was an upside to this inn. While you were getting settled in, you saw two men walk up the wooden stairs and went to the table to speak with other men. You thought nothing of it and continued to settle in. You hear them talking and you decide to listen in through your doorway. "First we need a convoy".

You wanted to listen in but then felt an arm grab you. When you turned around, a red coat held you firmly and presented a knife to your throat. "Did you really think we'd forget? There's a convoy nearby and you will answer to your crimes at Southgate fort. Now move". He shoved you forward and made sure he wasn't seen. You felt the tears swell up in your eyes as you kept hesitantly walking down the stairs and out the inn. Three more soilders were waiting for you and held you at gun point as they led you down the street to an awaiting convoy. Restraints were put on your wrists and one of the soilders said,  "Get up and if you try to run, you'll lose your head".

You climb up and sit on the passenger side of the driver seat. The driver then gets up spits in your face. "Scum"! The convoy starts to move and you had now lost all hope. The thought of ending it all was not just running through your mind but you knew you didn't have to do it yourself. You have finally gave up. So much time wasted by running away when no one would would listen. No one will help. This is it. The end of the line.

The convoy stopped and when you looked up, a wagon had tumbled over and there were three men trying to fix. "The hell is this"?

"A thousand pardons, sirs. Seems we've 'ad ourselves an unhappy little accident .

"Get it sorted, and quickly".

"Course m'lord. At once". The three men at the tumbled wagon were working slowly. "Hurry up now-"...