(REQUEST) (You deserve better) (Edward Kenway X Abused! Female! Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO FrozenInIce FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. ANY OTHER REQUESTS ARE ALLOWED.

A nightmare.

A losing battle.

A demon.

A cold hearted bastard.

These are the terms you use to describe your current lover, or your soon to be husband. If you could even call him that. You prefer to call him the devil's cock sucker. It did suit him well but he's never heard you say that to him because if he did hear you say that, he will absolutely kill you.

No questions asked.

He would like to remind you that your his. Only his. He saw you as property and not something that had feelings. He would smack you if you did anything that he didn't like. Such as you walking off on accident or starting up friendly conversation with a new person. He would assume you would try to cheat on him.

One day, you and him were out on the streets of Havana and headed to the pub. He said he desperately needed rum so he could forget the awful sex you guys had last night. You didn't want to go in but he dragged you in forcefully and shoved you down in a chair. The whole pub was bustling about with drunkards and the smell of alcohol. He went to grab to a bottle and left you alone.

A drunkard came up and took a hold of your left breast. You gasped and smacked his hand away. He instantly got mad and slapped you in the face. You got mad yourself and stormed out of the pub. You were angry and scared. You knew that your fiance would come after you but you tried not to think about it. But your little moment of escaping from him didn't last long enough.

After a minute, a strong hand grabbed your arm and you were then punched in the eye. You fell to the ground and some locals saw this and left. "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU LEAVE THE PUB WITHOUT TELLING ME! YOU DUMB BITCH"! He was screaming so loud that people started walking the other direction to avoid the drama. You got up but he then punched you in the stomach and you fell again.

As if this could get any worse, he pulled out a knife and tried to stab you. You screamed when he was about to stab you but a hand quickly grabbed him before he made contact. You looked at the strange man and saw him shove your fiance away. "What are you doing"?

"This has nothing to do with you, so get out of here". The unidentified man stood in front of you to protect you. "Any time I see a man harming an innocent woman instantly becomes my concern. Now answer my question, why are you harming her" the man said in a cold voice. Your fiance was appearing as brave and uncaring but this mysterious man wasn't joking around and stood on guard.

"She disrespected me. Any time that whore disrespects me, this is what she receives". The man turned to you and carefully picked you up and held your arm to help you stand. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING"!?

"Taking her to a doctor. Now leave". Your fiance tried to grab you but the man pulled out a pistol and shot him in the face and he fell to the ground lifeless. You gasped in shock and the man said, "Quickly, let's get you to the doctor". You stared at him while he was helping you get to the nearby doctor. "Who are you"?

"Edward Kenway".

"Thank you Edward. You saved my life". He smiled and kept carrying you to a doctor. "What's your name"?

"(Y/n)".

"Don't worry, (y/n). We'll be there quickly". He was worried for you and your injuries. They looked very bad. They consisted of bruises, a gash on your arm, cuts, a black eye and possibly a sprained leg since you limped in pain. Luckily there were no broken bones. Edward finally reached a doctor and was finally relieved to see that you would be alright. "Now what"?

"After this, I'll take you home".

"I can't go home. My fiance was the one who kept that place afloat and I still can't support myself like this. There's nothing for me there". Edward understood and went into thought about what he could do. "What if I... gave you a new home". You looked at Edward with that look that says 'your insane'. "What"?

"I'm sorry, what I meant is for you to come with me. Join me on my ship, the Jackdaw". You thought about his offer deeply and looked at him again to see him smiling in anticipation for your answer. But lets be honest, you can't just jump into this straight away. You need to know what your dealing with. "What would I even do on the ship"?

"You'd be one of my mates. And that means you'll be right next to me as we sail the great seas", Edward then took a hold of your hand, "together". You had a small blush form on your cheeks but it quickly disappeared after a flash of a memory when your fiance would say that 'no other man would love you or care about you'. You gently pulled your hand away and said, "Edward, as much as I want to, I can't. After everything that just happened, I can't just pack up my whole life and move onto a ship".

"Then what will you do? Live on the streets? Listen to me (y/n), I know that what you've been through is terrible and traumatizing, but I'm trying to help you. And think about it, you get to see the world, you'll meet new people and watch me destroy ships". You laughed at his enthusiasm and self promotion. He seemed to have a great sense of humor. "Well, I don't know".

Edward took a hold of your hand again and said, "Come on. Do this but for me". You looked at him and he smiled at you, hoping you would accept. "Alright, I'll go with you". Edward's smile grew wide and he hugged you tightly. It was shocking at first, feeling a loving touch from another man, but you relaxed and returned the embrace. Edward pulled back and said, "Great! We'll head out until your wounds heal".

You understood and felt the feeling of fear and sadness melt away. 'How is that possible' you thought. Edward was actual proof that there are good people. But also proof that there are good men. You wished that you would've met Edward way before you met your fiance but he's here now... your safe.

TIMESKIP:

After some time passed of your wounds healing, Edward properly welcomed you aboard the 'Jackdaw'. The ship was large and seemed to be capable of anything. Edward stood at the wheel and piloted the ship with you beside him. "This is amazing. I feel like I have a new purpose in life now".

"I'm glad because of that and that I get to have a beautiful woman by my side". Edward then winked at you and you had a little pink blush appear on your cheeks. "Hey lass"?

"Yes".

"Watch this". Edward then commanded the cannons to fire at a ship. The ship wreck then exploded into a million pieces and the whole crew cheered. "That was so amazing and thrilling" you said with joy and excitement.

"Well then", Edward then pulled you close to him, "you get to look forward to more of it as long as your with me". He then kissed you on the lips and you graciously accepted. All the memories of your fiance faded away when Edward kissed you at that moment. Edward was everything you could ask for in a man. He's handsome, caring, a gentleman, loving and has a great sense of humor.

Your fiance is burning in hell while your in your own heaven with Edward.

Author's notes:

Ok, here you go FrozenInIce. People don't often request Edward Kenway X Reader's. That's not a bad thing, but I've seen a lot of girl's who admire him. Edward has a ton of fan girls and believe me, if he was real, he would never stop being bothered... but then again, I think he would enjoy every moment of it.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Please leave a vote and make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊