(REQUEST) (Working to death) (Ezio Auditore X Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO -secondsister FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. ANY OTHER REQUESTS ARE ALLOWED.

Rodrigo Borgia did many unthinkable things of evil and even went as far to have slaves. The slaves he had would be guards, kitchen and stable workers, spies and slaves that would clean the tower. He would whip them if they disobeyed or didn't hear him the first time. One mistake and that would be a whip to the back. Most of the time, they wpuld get more than one whiplash to the back. Rodrigo would do it as many times as he pleased but sometimes it would only be one depending on the punishment.

You were one of his kitchen workers and hated working for him. He didn't pay you anything and always whipped you if you did anything worng. He was so cold hearted that he didn't provide most of the workers living quarters. Which meant you had to sleep either in the stables or on the streets. You choose the stables since it wasn't on the streets and you had some guard protection because of the guards at the entrance. Tonight was a cold night and you had to curl up in a ball on some hay.

A couple hours after you fell asleep, you heard screams and heard some guards yelling, "RUN! RUN NOW"! The guards that were guarding the front entrance of the fortress heard the cries of the other guards and went to investigate quickly. More guards came to offer assistance and saw why they were scared. A man with a white robe and with traces of red. He had many weapons and a nice coating of tan for his skin. You knew who it was.

Ezio Auditore.

He went after the guards and you got up to run away. You were very lucky to avoid his sight and ran away quickly. You ran out the gate and ran across the bridge while shoving past people. The guards at the end of bridge saw you run and ran to the fortress to see what was happening. You ran for as long as you could and reached a small market and had to sit down to catch your breath. People were minding their own business and didn't have a single care in the world. Just then, a man with the same armor from the attack was jumping from rooftop to rooftop and landed down beside the bench you were sitting on.

You knew right away that it was Ezio and quickly ran away. You running away caught his attention and he went after you but he was unaware of your position when it came to the enemies. You ran down the streets and he was swiftly following you. You stopped at the docks and had nowhere else to go since you didn't know how to swim. He was still coming towards you and you lost your footing and fell into the water.

Without missing a beat, he jumped in after you to pull you out to safety. He didn't do double take of why you were running away from him and quickly and checked you over to see if you were harmed in any other way. "Are you hurt"?

"No".

"Why were you running"? Knowing you had no escape now, you fell back down to your knees and started to cry. You had no lie prepared and knew if you tried to run he would catch you again. "Please just kill me quickly". Ezio was so confused and got down on his knee to be at your eye level. "What are you talking about"? You hesitantly presented your Templar symbol which he now understood as to why you were running. "Why would you join them" he asked sternly.

"He offered a better life than living on the streets but he lied. He beat me and starved me". Ezio sighed, stood up and pulled you up to him. "You can keep your life. You know this is not the life you want". You tried to walk away but he held your shoulder to prevent you. "I won't kill you, but I'm not letting you go back to them".

"I don't want to go back to that bastardo (bastard - masculine). He'll only beat me and make me sleep outside". This made Ezio confused since he raided the fortress and never saw anyone outside. "Were you outside when I was there"?

"Yes. How did you not see me"?

"I'm not sure. It's impressive that you were able to evade my sight. A waste of time to work for the enemy". You sighed in defeat since he was right. The problem is is that there's no other option. Living and working for the Borgia is the only thing you have. "I can help you".

"How and why would you help"?

"You deserve better. Come". You didn't trust him since you were the enemy but knowing you had no choice, you took the chance and followed after the opportunity of a better life. Ezio lead you to the hideout and everything went smoothly from then on. It did take awhile for him and the others to completely trust you but you told them the secrets of the Borgia and provided the next steps they would take to take down the Borgia. Ezio was very grateful and so was the rest of the brotherhood. Now that you have helped them in ways that they could never have accomplished, they accepted you into the brotherhood and you are now an Assassin novice.

"We work in the dark... To serve the light. We are Assassins".

Author's notes:

Ok, here you go -secondsister. Ezio is such a hottie but can we remark on the fact that Ezio is known to have more games than the others. But here's my question... What about Desmond? He's been in five games and Ezios only been in three. Don't forget about that handsome man that played Desmond.

Do I have to remind you guys again??? Ugh... Fine... Here...

Told you!

Told you!

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊