Namjoon - The Roommate

You were a quiet girl and kept to yourself. Well you really had no choice but to. No one would speak to you or even look at you if they didn't have to. You were the pariah, the freak, the weirdo.

Namjoon had noticed you before. Who wouldn't? You were noticed because of how much you were unnoticed. He didn't know you or your name until he ended up being your roommate in the dorms. Lee Y/n.

Other people advised him to switch rooms but he didn't. He didn't see the reasoning behind it. You seemed normal albeit very quiet. So he started to ask about you around school.

"You don't know? She's a psycho." A girl said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

She told him that Y/n's had quite a few roommates in her time at school. Every one of them applied for a switch three months after moving in. They said that they would go back to their rooms to find their things moved. Nothing was taken but it wasn't where they had left it. They found knives placed in their rooms and creepy writing on the walls. Finally they had enough when they woke up to a figure standing over them in bed.

Namjoon was more confused than ever. Why would you do such strange things? Didn't you want to have friends? It seemed like you did with the way you looked at groups of people laughing. So why would you risk that?

The day came for him to move in. He awkwardly knocked on the door because he was holding his bags. You opened the door and quickly looked at him. Without saying a word you grabbed his bags and carried them to his room although they were heavy. He had a surprised look on his face as he followed you in.

You sat down his bags and turned to him. "This is your room. My room is across the way. We have separate bathrooms. Kitchen is next to the living room." You headed for his door.

"Wait! I didn't introduce myself. My name-"

"Is Kim Namjoon. I know. Don't worry. You don't have to bother with trying to be nice to me or talking to me and I won't bother you with speaking."

"But what if I want to talk to you?"

"You won't after a while." Then you went into your room and shut your door. He was even more confused. So far you were helpful and even a bit nice.

Even after you told him he didn't have to he still kept trying to talk to you. You were polite replied and answered questions. You even made him food although you never gave it to him yourself.

He would be at his desk studying when he heard a knock on the door. He opened it and found a plate of food at the door with a note.

Don't stay up so late. It's not good for the body. -Y/n

Or you would be up before him and make breakfast and make him a plate before you left for classes. He found himself starting to like you as time went by although strange things started to happen.

As he was told things started to be moved in his room. When he asked you about this you just looked at him with empty eyes and answered "It wasn't me."

He believed you even though he knew he probably shouldn't. You just seemed so tired when he brought it up. You sounded like you had been tirelessly repeating that phrase over and over with no relief.

As he entered the second month of living with you you started to give him small warnings. "Check your shoes before leaving." "Look in your bag before you reach in."

He complied and found tacks in his shoes and a knife in his bag. If you were actually doing these things why would you tell him about it? He had to have his questions answered so he sat you down in the living room.

"Y/n. I know you're not doing these but I want to know who is." He asked you.

You just looked past him towards your room. "I don't want to tell you."

"Why?" You continued to stare past him until he grabbed your arms and made you look at him. "Y/n. Tell me why."

"You'll leave me. I... I don't want you to go." He hugged you and told you he wasn't going anywhere.

The third month came by and you started to get jumpy. Then the writing started. Just meaningless things. 'I'll get you' 'You're mine' 'You can't hide'. You kept saying sorry each time something new would appear.

One day you locked yourself in your room only to come out once before night time to tell him something. "Leave a small light on."

He was going to do what you said but he forgot because he was so tired from studying. He was sleeping fine until the feeling of someone watching him wake him up. He looked and saw you. But it wasn't you. Whatever this was it was much darker.

You were sleeping until you felt it. You sprung up from bed and ran to Namjoon's room. It was standing over him wearing your face.

"No!" You yelled at it. It whipped it's head to you and snarled. "I love him! You can't have him! You can't have any of them! You're my demon! You want someone to mess with? Come get me!"

The demon growled and lunged at you, grabbing your neck and slamming you against the wall. "Mine." It hissed.

"Y/n!" Namjoon yelled.

"The light!" He understood what you meant and flipped the switch. Light flooded the room and you fell to the floor. Namjoon came to you and held you. "I'm sorry."

"What was that thing?" He asked.

"My own personal demon. It's followed me for as long as I can remember."

"What does it want?"

"Me. It likes pain. If it has me it can torture me for eternity. Until it can get me it tortures others to satisfy it's lust."

Namjoon was confused. "But no one has ever been hurt."

"I won't let it. I isolate myself and cause myself emotional pain. If I'm alone and sad it leaves others alone."

He couldn't believe it. This girl, who everyone thought was cold and crazy, was actually the most caring person in the world.

"It's gonna be okay." He said. "We'll find a way to stop it."

"There's no way. We can't be stop it." He held your face and looked into your eyes.

"We can and we will. Because we love each other." He leaned forward and kissed you. Right then you knew what he said was true. Together you can rid yourself of the demon.

A/n

It's pretty 'wtf?' right? I know but I just had this idea and had to write it. I hope you enjoyed and if you didn't sorry about that.