Jimin - Superman

This is 2 of 3 requests by my lovely dongsaeng Angel_Gyeom, thank you for requesting!

This is inspired by Superman by Joe Brooks

...

In the cozy warmth of a small cafe Jimin watches the small stage eagerly for his favorite small performer to do her piece. Here, at the Cozy Corner, a sort of open mic night is held every evening where anyone can do their own piece, whether it's a poem, a song, or even a short story, anyone is welcome.

That's one thing Jimin loved about working there. He also loved the environment, the smell of fresh made coffee and pastries, but most of all he loved the feeling it gave him when people were being happy, laughing and singing with each other. It was just an all around jovial place.

But his most favorite part about it was when she came to play a song. The she being Jimin's crush of almost half a year, Y/n. She comes in every week on Friday to play a song on her little f/c ukulele. Just on the surface, anyone would fall in love with her pretty h/c hair, soft s/c skin, and sparkly e/c eyes that shine when she sings. And her singing. Oh, her singing is amazing! Gentle waves of angelic chords spill from her lips with soothing traces of cheerful lightness and slight undertones of melancholy that perfectly rounds out her whole sound. Or at least that's how Jimin would describe it.

But it's not just the outside he's come to adore. It's the inside too. He hasn't had many conversations with her, and the few he's had only involved stuttered greetings from him and charming giggles from her, but it's enough to see how good of a person she is. She genuinely cares about other's well being and will ask about your day no matter what is going on with her. She always asks how he's been and even though all he's ever been able to get out is a meek 'good' she still asks everytime she comes and everytime he can't help falling a little more for her.

Jimin jumps slightly when someone snaps their fingers in front of his face and his cheeks flush when he meets the teasing eyes of his best friend and coworker. Taehyung glances at the stage with a knowing smirk before looking down at Jimin's hands. "I think that pitcher is washed enough."

Jimin looks down to find that the tea pitcher he was washing before he got lost in a daydream was indeed clean and the soap had long since stopped being soapy. Flushing again he turned on the water and rinsed it thoroughly before setting it up to make more tea.

"Were you thinking about the cute ukulele player again?" Jimin pursed his lips and adjusted his glasses in an attempt to stop any more color staining his cheeks. Taehyung knew full well that was exactly what had gotten Jimin so lost but he enjoyed teasing his easily blushing friend.

"Maybe." The boy muttered, letting his baby soft pink hair fall into his face to obscure him from Taehyung's sight, but it was no use.

Taehyung let out an amused chuckle and decided to ease up on the teasing for now. "Well, I hope you're ready to go up on that stage yourself tonight." Jimin frowned a bit at this. That's right. He had planned on going on stage tonight to perform his own piece, a song he wrote about the pretty h/c girl. At the sight of worry on his friend's face Taehyung gently patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, you're gonna do great! Just go up there and pretend you're practicing at home by yourself. It's gonna be great."

Jimin was only a bit encouraged by Taehyung. He was just so nervous! He had never performed in front of a crowd before, aside from friends and family, let alone the girl he wrote the song for! Granted, she didn't know it was about her, but Jimin knew and that was enough for him. But he couldn't drown in his thoughts too long as a sweet voice touched his ears through the few speakers scattered through the cafe.