Hoseok - Be Alright

This is inspired by Be Alright by Dean Lewis.

Hoseok's pov

I came home finally after a few months of working. I was so excited to see my girlfriend again after so long. I loved her so much. I unlocked the door and went into the house. I set my bags by the couch and called out to her.

"Babe? I'm home!" I heard a yelp and something clatter in the kitchen.

"Hoseok? You're home?" She asked when I entered the kitchen. She picked up a plastic cup she dropped.

"Yeah. Are you glad?" I smiled at her. She gave me a half smile and nodded. "You okay?"

"Uh y-yeah you just startled me." She sounded nervous and that wasn't like her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She turned back to the sink cleaning dishes and I noticed something on the table. An ash tray with cigarette butts. She doesn't smoke.

"Why is there an ash tray out? Was Jisoo over?" Her friend Jisoo smokes.

She stopped what she was doing and just looked down. "No."

I can tell she wasn't telling me something and as I was thinking about who of our friends smokes I became nervous. "Who's was it then?"

She turned and looked at me sadly. "Hoseok. I made a dumb mistake and I'm sorry about this."

"What do you mean?" I didn't want to understand what she meant because I was afraid I knew what it was.

"I'm leaving. I've been seeing your friend Chen and I like him more than you. I'm sorry. I was hoping to be gone before you came back." Her voice wavered like this was hard for her to say. It was harder for me to hear.

So those were Chen's cigarettes. He smokes too. I couldn't say anything as she dried her hands and left the room. She came back a moment later with her bags. She placed the key to the apartment on the table and looked at me for a moment before she left forever.

I stumbled to the couch and sat down. My heart hurt very badly. I couldn't believe she would do this to me. I stayed there for a long time letting tears fall from my eyes. I basically isolated myself after that. I hardly ate and hardly slept. One day I got a knock on the door and it was the guys.

"Oh. Hey guys." I said.

"Hoseok! Thank god! We've been trying to reach you for days but your phone goes straight to voice mail. We were worried something happened." Jin hyung said.

"You look horrible. What's wrong?" Yoongi hyung said. Jin hyung smacked him on the arm. "Ow! What? It's true!"

Jin hyung rolled his eyes at him and looked at me. "Please let us in Hoseok." I lightly nodded and turned around. I heard the door shut as I sat on the couch and I was soon joined by everyone.

"Hyung? Where's your girlfriend?" Jungkook asked and I told them what happened. My voice broke as I explained.

"I'm sorry hyung." Jimin said hugging me.

"It's fine." I said but it was barely audible. They stayed with me for a while trying to make me feel better. I did for a little bit until I went on my phone and scrolled through social media. I saw her picture and clicked on it. I saw new posts of her looking happy with Chen. I didn't notice I was crying until Jimin hugged me.

"It's gonna be alright hyung." He said. "You'll find someone else. Someone who'll make you feel better."

Yoongi hyung looked at me from the chair he was sitting in across from me. "Look Hoseok I know you love her but it's over. You need to stop looking at things she's sent or posted."