Namjoon - My Solace

Namjoon's pov

You would think that being a 12 year old would be easy right? Well not so much for me. I was one of the smartest kids in school. I was picked on and bullied a lot because of this. Some of the bullies even forced me to do their work. My life was very stressful.

I would get a new bruise everyday that I would hide from everyone. I wouldn't eat properly like I should because I was too busy working on mine and someone else homework. I also wasn't sleeping properly either.

Everyday was homework, classes, bullies, classes, studying, bullies, homework. Today was just another one of those days. I packed up my books from studying in the cafeteria. I tossed the core to the apple I had eaten in the garbage. I walked down the halls running through equations in my head when I was pushed roughly into the lockers.

They were back. The group of three boys who always hit me and asked for their homework back. It was just like any other day as they took the papers and kept pushing me into the metal lockers. Just like any other day no one was around or just didn't try to stop it. Except someone was. And someone did.

"Hey." My back was against the lockers and I slid down them as the boys turned to the small voice behind them.

"What do you want squirt?" The older one asked.

"I heard that the principle wanted to see you." The small voice replied.

"What? Why? Who told you that?"

"I don't know them. I was just told to tell you."

The boy scoffed. "Whatever." He glanced down at me. "See you later puke." Then he walked away, leaving me to catch my breath and try to ignore the ache in my body. I closed my eyes and went into my happy place. Instead of school work it was music swirling through my mind. It helped me feel marginally better about my situation.

When I opened my eyes I was startled to see a girl about my age, with braided pig tails standing in front of me. She had big eyes that just stared at me. They didn't hold any negative emotion like pity. Instead they looked overly positive. Like she could make any situation a happy one if she tried enough.

Neither of us spoke as we just stared at each other for a few minutes. I should have been embarrassed but I wasn't. Her eyes made me feel comfortable. Then the corners of her lips turned into a small smile as she held her hand out to me. Her smile was almost as bright as her eyes. Without hesitation I reached up and grasped her hand in mine.

"It's gonna get better now." She said and I realized the small voice from before belonged to her. She was the first person who ever interrupted them hitting me. And even though I knew I shouldn't, I had hope that things would get better. Maybe it was her voice that gave me hope. Or maybe it was her eyes.

"I'm Namjoon." I said.

"I'm Y/n."

After that day she was almost always with me in school. I never noticed that we shared classes. Probably because I was burying myself in work. She helped me with that too. At lunch we sat together and she worked on everything with me and she got me too eat a whole meal instead of just a piece of fruit.

Unintentionally she became my anchor. The bright beam of a lighthouse in a sea of fog calling me home. The night light in the room to fight off my monsters. The first breath of air after being underwater for ages. She in fewer words she became my solace.

Each day she slowly took my work load bit by bit and I didn't notice until one day I had nothing and she had everything. I didn't notice she was planning to do something to the my bullies either until I saw her go to them in the crowded hallways. I wanted to stop her but by then it was too late.

"Here's your work." She said handing the papers to the older boy.

He took them with a smirk but it faded into a look of anger as he flipped through the pages. "What the hell? Nothing is done and it's due today!"

"You should have done it then." She said.

"That nerd was supposed to do it!" He yelled.

"I took it from him and decided not to. It's your work. You do it. Stop bothering Namjoon and stop bullying him." You would think that she would be shrinking back from the older boy and his obvious height over her but she didn't. She stood her ground, returned his glare with a fiercer one of her own. To me she looked just as big as the boy staring her down.

"Since you wanna take his place so badly why don't you start with this." Then the boy backhanded her. She fell to the ground and he kicked her. Her side hit the lockers and I ran forward and pushed the boy. I crouched down in front of her.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" I asked but I didn't get to hear her answer as we heard the principle yelling down the hall.

"What is going on here?" He asked. He looked between me, Y/n and the boy with his two friends. "Who started this?"

"It was them." I pointed. "He hit her." Before I was hesitant on telling anyone about what was happening to me but now that it happened to Y/n I wasn't hesitant anymore.

"Office. Now." He said to the boys sternly. They he turned to me and spoke nicer. "Take her to the nurses office." I nodded and helped Y/n up. When we got to the nurse and she sat on the table I almost expected her to be crying but she wasn't. She was smiling and almost giggling.

"Are you crazy?" I asked. "You get hit by a bully and you laugh?" She giggled a bit more. The sound was so infectious I even cracked a small smile. "Why're you laughing?"

"Because now they'll get in actual trouble. I've been pestering them for ever but they never did anything to me. They knew if they did they would be in big trouble."

"Why?"

"Once they hit a girl all bets are off. Especially if it's a girl who looks weak."

"I don't think you look weak." She gave me a smile at that. A smile that said 'thank you'.

We both fell into a comfortable silence after that. The nurse had come in and treated Y/n's wounds and we went home. A few days after we found out that the boys were suspended. I would never have to worry about them in school anymore and it was all thanks to her.

Even now, almost 12 years later, I still owe her everything. She was the calming tea that helped me sleep on stressful nights of highschool, college and finally my career. She was with me through everything. She encouraged me to follow my dreams and pursue music. She is why I'm in a group with six guys who I now call my friends and brothers.

She is my everything.

My bestfriend.

My love.

My wife.

And most of all,

My solace.

A/n

So! This was an amazing idea given to me by one of my brothers! (Thank you for the idea bro!) I'm running out of them. Again if you want a specific story I'll be happy to do it! As always thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! I purple you!