Jin - The Human

You rubbed your bare arms absent minded as you scowled at your surroundings. Your skin felt foreign and uncomfortable. You hated being on Earth. You hated posing as Human. Humans were disgusting and stupid.

They never learn from their mistakes. They always repeat the same actions. Lying, cheating, killing. They don't change. In your opinion compared to Earth your dwellings were practically Heaven.

You sighed as you shook off the feeling of being a Human. You just wanted to hurry and do your job so you could return back to Hell. All you had to do was keep a Human from turning Angel. Not so hard right? Wrong.

First off you didn't even know who the Human was! Second there was an Angel trying to do the opposite thing you were. Third this Angel working against you was being friendly. What was up with that? Angels and Demons aren't supposed to be friends. Obviously this one didn't get the memo.

"Hey Y/n." The Angel disguised as Human said giving you a hug. You stiffened at the contact. He slightly frowned when he pulled away. "Still not used to being Human?"

"Yeah. Something like that." Your skin felt strange when he touched you, aside from the strangeness of a Human body. It sparked something inside you.

"Don't worry. You will." He smiled at you.

"That's what I want to avoid." You walked away and he followed you. "Why are you following me Angel?"

"I told you my name is Jin."

You rolled your eyes. "Fine. Why are you following me Jin?"

"I'm helping you look for the Human."

"My job is to turn them Demon. Yours isn't. Why would you help me?"

He shrugs. "I don't know."

You groaned in frustration. "Are all Angels this infuriating?"

He smiled. "I don't think I'm infuriating. I'm too handsome to make people mad. Don't you think so?"

You looked away from him. Yes he was very handsome but you can't think that way. It couldn't work out if you did. You're opposing forces. Light and dark. Good and evil. You would destroy each other. You didn't want to destroy him.

You have been on Earth for a few months now along with him. You arrived on the same day and instantly ran into each other. Even though you were sure you had never met him before he looked and felt familiar to you. That sparked your natural Demon irritation.

You weren't always a Demon of course. Like every Angel and Demon you were once Human. Whatever happened while you were Human led you to being who you are now. Although you don't remember your life as a Human.

Jin seemed to recognize you though. He even called you by name when you met. He seemed sad when you couldn't name him. You guessed you must have known him as a Human. Ever since that day he would follow you wherever you went.

Although it's rare Angels and Demons can become Human again. Rarer still is a former Demon turning Angel and vice versa. Ever since you met Jin you felt yourself becoming more and more Human. Humans were stupid and unable to learn. At least that's what you used to think.

Your mind started to change when Jin showed you a child who had taken something from another child. When the first child saw how sad the second had become the first gave back what was taken.

That was your first peek at the good side of Humans. Jin continued to show you more examples of how good Humans could be. The more he showed you the more you felt yourself turning.

You didn't care if you did. If you were honest you slightly even wanted to. If only to just be able to see him again. To not have to say goodbye. That was worse than turning.

"Y/n!" You felt Jin tap your shoulder and you looked at him surprised. He raised an eyebrow at you. "What were you thinking about that you didn't hear me calling you?"

"Nothing. What do you want?"

"I want to show you something." He took your hand before you could protest and started to lead you to a wooded area. Even though it was dark you and Jin easily made your way over the uneven terrain.

Pretty soon you were becoming irritated at not knowing where you're going. "Where are you taking me?"

"Hush. You'll see soon enough." He kept your hand in his as he continued walking. You were about to complain again when you found yourself in a small clearing. Flowers swayed in the breeze as fireflies‎ danced in the air.

You couldn't help the surprised gasp as you saw this pretty sight. Jin beamed at you. "Worth the wait right?" He asked. Then he looked worried. "You're crying."

You wiped your cheek and felt the wetness of your tears. You hadn't even realized you were. You were just so shocked at seeing this place. It made you feel something. Like the emotion to a memory but you didn't know what it was. But you did know one thing.

You loved the Angel named Jin.

After that you and Jin returned to that secret place often and you slowly stopped being so negative which was a Demon default. You also learned to appreciate Humans and their faults. Even when they did something bad.

You and Jin were walking down the street when you suddenly felt something. Or rather someone. Another Demon appeared out of nowhere and rushed at you and Jin with it's finger like claws.

Time slowed for a moment and you realized three things. 1) You weren't making any progress on your job and your master didn't like that. 2) The Demon was lunging for Jin instead of you. 3) Jin was going to be hurt because of you. Unless you did something about it.

You rushed forward letting the Demon's claws sink into you so it couldn't back away. You glared at it as you bared your teeth. "You try to touch what's mine you get punished."

Using what was left of your Demon abilities before turning Human you pressed your palms against either side of it's head. A pulse of energy went through you as you sent the Demon to the deepest part of Hell. It'll take hundreds of years to crawl back up from there.

You fell to your knees and Jin caught you before you could fall on your face. He looked at you with an emotion you couldn't name. Maybe it was sadness? But he also looked a bit happy. You couldn't try to figure it out because your eyes fluttered closed.

You were Human now and dying. That means you'll be sent back to Hell to be a Demon again. You relaxed expecting to feel the darkness surround you as you Descended but the sensation never came.

Instead you felt like you were floating as you saw flashes of your Human life before becoming a Demon. Jin was there with you and you were together in your secret place. You were happy together until he died of an accident.

You were devastated and spiraled down in to a self destructive cycle. You were so sorrowful about the loss of your loved one. You couldn't think about continuing life without him. So you decided not to.

You opened your eyes and you were in a bright room. Light filled everything. Even the air was shimmering. You looked around and found him. Jin smiled and looked at you with all the love in the world.

"Jin. What happened? Where are we?" You couldn't remember anything after the Demon had attacked you.

"We're home. I completed my job and was able to return."

That just made you more confused. "I'm a Demon. I can't be in Heaven."

He smiled and slightly shook his head. "No. You're not a Demon. You're my Angel."

"But. How?"

"I already told you. I completed my job." He looked at you like he was waiting for you to understand. But you were just confused. His job was to help a Human turn Angel...

Your eyes slightly widened as you gasped. His smile grew as he watched you piece it together. You were the Human all along. You were sent to keep yourself a Demon by using the negative feelings you had. Jin stopped that from happening. He helped you Ascend.

Now you didn't have to say goodbye. You could be together forever happy and in Heaven.