Taehyung - The Boyfriend

Taehyung's pov

We were practicing a new dance but I kept messing up because I wasn't able to focus. I kept worrying about Y/n. She could be so stupid sometimes especially with who she dates. She always picks complete scum bags. But I can never stay mad at her.

We were starting over again when my phone rang. I looked at Namjoon hyung and he nodded letting me check who was calling. I answered as soon as I saw Y/n's name. I heard her sniffling like she'd been crying.

"Y/n what's wrong?"

"Tae. I'm sorry but could you come get me?"

"Where are you?"

She named a street and we hung up after I told her I was coming. I started grabbing my things and headed for the door when Namjoon hyung called me.

"Tae where are you going?"

I stopped in the door way and looked at him. "I'm sorry but I need to go get Y/n."

"It's the boyfriend again isn't it?" Jin hyung asked.

"I don't know but I think so."

"I'll come with you." He grabbed his coat and we got into the car. He drove and I looked around for Y/n. It was hard to see because it was pouring rain out. When I finally spotted her I cursed under my breath.

Jin hyung stopped the car and I quickly ran to the awning she was standing under. She had her arms folded and the hood of her jacket was up but she was soaked. I brought her to the car and we both got in the back. She kept her head down so I couldn't see her face.

"What the hell are you doing out in this? You could get sick." I asked.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry." She was shivering and her teeth were chattering. I sighed as I pulled her to me and rubbed my hands on her arms and back to warm her up. Jin hyung turned up the heater.

After a while she stopped shaking but she still wouldn't look at me. That means she was hiding something from me. "Y/n. Look at me." She shook her head. "Please. Let me see your face."

When she looked at me she had tears in her eyes and a bruise on her cheek. I felt anger boil inside me. I raised my hand and she slightly flinched back. That turned the anger into dread. I didn't mean to scare her. I never wanted her to be scared of me. I moved slower and placed my hand on her chin to look at her cheek better.

"Did he do this?" I already knew the answer I just wanted her to tell me. Tears fell down her cheeks and she nodded. I pulled her into a hug to hide my own tears that threatened to fall. "Why won't you listen to me? I told you what kind of person he is. He's never going to change."

"I'm sorry. I know I should have listened but he promised. He said he'd be better." She cried into my shoulder and I comforted her. We got to the dorms and I took her to my room and gave her some dry clothes.

I was about to shut the door when I saw her come out of the bathroom with her jacket off. She was wearing a tank top that showed more bruises on her arms. I quietly shut the door so she wouldn't know I saw her.

I went to the living room where the guys were waiting and sat on the couch. Jin hyung was in the kitchen making dinner for everyone. Everyone looked at me to explain what happened.

"What happened? Jin hyung wouldn't tell us anything." Jimin said. I sighed. "He hit her again didn't he?"

I nodded. Jungkook balled his fists in anger. "I really hate that guy."

"Don't we all." I said.

"She doesn't." Yoongi said. I glared at him and he shrugged. "It's true isn't it? She keeps going back to him no matter what he does."

I put my face in my hands. He was right in a way. She does go back to him every time. He makes promises that he'll change. He's good for a while but then he falls back into the old patterns. I can't stand it. It kills me inside every time I see her with him. I would be so much better to her.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" Jimin asked. I looked at him questioningly. "Why do you let her go back to him when you love her?"

"Because she doesn't feel the same."

"How do you know that? Did you ask her? No. I know for a fact you haven't."

"If she did she wouldn't go back to him."

"Maybe she feels like she has no choice. A woman in her situation doesn't feel like she's worth loving."

"How do you know this?"

"I knew a girl once. Her family wasn't all that great and she kept going back to a bad boyfriend because she felt like she couldn't do and didn't deserve better. She didn't have any self worth."

I shook my head. "No. Y/n isn't like that. She knows she has worth."

"How am I supposed to know that?" We all turned our heads to look at Y/n.

"Y/n. How long have you been standing there?" I was scared that she heard what Jimin said about me loving her.

"Answer me. How am I supposed to know I have worth when I have no one to tell me?"

"What are talking about? The guys tell you and I-"

"Don't say you tell me because you don't. How can you? It seems like you hardly talk to me unless I call you for help. That girl Jimin was talking about. That's me. He was talking about me."

I looked at Jimin and he looked at Y/n sadly. I looked back to Y/n and I could tell she was upset. Mad and broken at the same time. Then Jin hyung came into the room.

"Hey dinners rea-" He stopped and looked around the room. "dy... you know what. It's good cold. Uh guys. Why don't we give Y/n and Tae some privacy."

Everyone got up and went down the hallway except Jimin. He stopped by Y/n for a moment and looked at her. She just nodded at him. "I'm fine." She said and he left with the others. She sat on the couch across from me.

"How are you so close with Jimin?" I didn't understand. From what I could tell they hardly spoke.

"Do you really have the right to be jealous Taehyung? I'm not your girlfriend or anything."

"Just answer me please."

She sighed and looked down at her hands that rested in her lap. "He helped me when I was at my worst. Chen had gotten really drunk and mad one day and beat me so bad I had a broken leg."

No. That can't be true. "You said you fell." She wouldn't lie to me.

"And you believed me. I was hurt and scared and I didn't want you to know. I wanted to call you but I thought you would have done something stupid so I called Jimin. He took me to the hospital and after I was treated I ended up telling him everything."

She looked at me and I saw tears fall from her eyes. I got up and sat next to her. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm not the same girl I used to be Tae. You have no idea. I just wanted to talk to someone who didn't have any preconceived notions or expectations of me. Jimin listened to what I had to say. That's why we're close."

I cupped her face in my hands, being careful of the bruise, and wiped her tears away with my thumbs while looking into her eyes. "You may not see it but you are still the same Y/n I know and love."

Her eyes widened slightly and I realized what I said. "You love me?"

I thought for a moment to say no but what's the point in denying it now? "Yes. I do."

Her mouth turned up in a small smile. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

I lightly shrugged. "I never thought you felt the same. But I'm guessing you do."

She nodded and I smiled. I glanced at her lips and she tilted her head slightly up closing her eyes. After getting her permission I kissed her. We smiled when we broke apart and leaned our foreheads together. Her eyes were still closed.

"I'm tired Tae." She said sleepily. I took her hand and we went to my room. We completely forgot about dinner and our friends and the whole world as we fell asleep cuddling.

Y/n's pov

I was running down the street in the rain. I could feel him behind me. I ran as fast as I could but he was getting closer. I tripped and fell to the ground. I rolled over and he was standing over me. He had a nasty smirk on his face.

"I've told you Y/n. You can run but you can't hide."

"Just leave me alone Chen! I'm not coming back this time!" I yelled trying to scoot away from him.

"Why? Because you're with that guy now?" He stepped closer and leaned over me. "You and I both know that he doesn't really love you. He just feels pity for you." I shook my head. No. That was a lie. I know Tae loves me. Doesn't he? "No. He doesn't." Chen raised his fist and I raised my arms to cover my face.

I sat up in bed with a scream. It was just a dream. Tae woke up and immediately wrapped me into a hug. "Hey. What's wrong?"

"Chen was chasing me and he... he was gonna..." I covered my face. Even if it was just a dream it had been real too many times.

Tae ran his hands over my hair and held me. "It's okay Y/n. It was just a dream. I'm never gonna let him do that again okay?" He pulled back and looked into my eyes. "I promise. I love you."

"I love you too." He held me again until I calmed down more. He and the others spent the rest of the morning trying to make me feel better. It was strange. Yesterday I had an asshole boyfriend who hit me with no friends and today I had Tae as a boyfriend and six amazing friends.

Stupid dream. Stupid dream Chen. I almost believed what he said in my dream. I've gotten so used to the 'love' that Chen showed me it's a little hard to get used to the love that I'm seeing from Tae today. Although I realize now I've always seen it just never noticed it.

I can't believe I never realized before how he felt. I'm glad I know now. I was starting to feel really happy for the first time in a long time and it was all thanks to Tae. I was happy until the door bell rang.

It all happened so fast. One minute Tae was answering the door and the next Chen had him by the collar and was forcing himself into the apartment. Chen threw Tae to the ground and was about to start hitting him until I stopped him. I didn't even know I was moving until I was pushing Chen away.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled.

"You're not leaving me!" I could smell alcohol on him. He grabbed my upper arms and shoved me against the wall making me hit my head.

"Yes I am! I'm not gonna take your shit anymore! Let me go!" I tried to push him away but yelped in pain as he tightened his grip. That was definitely going to leave a bruise.

"She said let her go!" Tae jumped up and hit Chen making him fall and release me. Tae pulled me behind him when Chen got up.

"I told you to stay away from this pretty boy or else you'll get punished didn't I?" Chen pointed at me. "You're coming with me."

He started coming for me but Tae pushed him away. "She's not going anywhere with you."

"This doesn't involve you pretty boy. Y/n let's go." He shoved Tae aside and grabbed my arm yanking me towards the door. I clawed at him leaving scratches on his skin. Suddenly Jungkook tackled Chen and two pairs of hands grabbed me. I looked and saw Tae and Jimin holding me while Hobi and Jin helped Jungkook hold down Chen. Namjoon was on the phone with the police.

I hid my face in Tae's chest and he held me away from all of the commotion. The police soon came and I pressed charges against Chen. I was always afraid of doing that but I wasn't anymore. I had people on my side to help me. With mine and the guys statements Chen would be put away for quite a while.

I stood in the doorway and watched Chen be put into a police car and taken away. It had started to rain while everything was going on. I smiled and I ran into the rain. I turned my face to the sky and held my arms out. For the first time in a long time I was finally free.

I yelled with joy as I spun in the rain. I probably looked like a crazy person but I didn't care. Neither did Tae. He spun me in a hug. He knew what I was feeling right now. Soon the guys joined us and we all chased each other and splashed in puddles.

I stopped for a minute and watched my friends play with a smile. Tae came to me and hugged me. "Thank you Tae."

"For what?"

"For everything." Before he could say anything else I kissed him. He held me closer to him. I felt safe and loved in his arms. The complete polar opposite of Chen. With Chen I was constantly scared and worried about making him mad. I know that with Tae I'll never have to worry about that ever again. I know he loves me and I love him.

A/n

Kinda long chapter. It was either this or have a medium chapter for part one and then a short chapter for part two. I thought this was better. Hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!