Jin - Calling In Sick

This was requested by my amazing friend youngscribbler03
Thank you for requesting! I love you!

Going into work today was probably not the best decision you've ever had but you were stubborn. Your body ached, your throat was scratchy from coughing, your nose was red and running and you had a slight fever. Still, even with all of this, it couldn't keep you from your first love. Books.

You worked in a small book store that you had bought a few years ago. It wasn't fancy but it was yours and you loved that. You had never missed a day of work and you weren't going to start now. It's not like you were the only one working in the store though. You had your friend as an employee and she was capable of taking care of the store but you just loved being there.

So that's how we end up here, you sitting behind the counter, a tissue in your hand and a wet rag forcibly held onto your head by your friend. She looked at you with a disapproving frown.

"Y/n, you know I love you right?" She asked to which you gave a small nod. "We're practically sisters by now which is why I'm going to be honest with you right now. You look like shit."

You gave her small glare. "Gee thanks Wolfie. I feel so good now."

She shrugged. "What can I say? I call it like I see it. And I see that you need to go home and rest."

You shook your head and pushed her hand with the rag away. "No. I want to stay here and work. I'm fine."

She sighed. "I know that's complete bull but I also know I can't stop you." She was quiet for a moment as she watched you walk around the counter and start to stack books on shelves. "Does he know you're sick."

You slightly flinched at the mention of your boyfriend. "Of course." You didn't. He was already gone to work when you woke up with your sudden symptoms.

She clicked her tongue. "Girl what is with you and lying today? I know for damn sure if Jin knew you were sick he would have made you stay home and taken care of you. Why didn't you tell him?"

You waved a hand. "He's busy with the new comeback. I don't want to be a burden."

"I have half a mind to pinch you right now. You're not a burden Y/n. Call him and ask him to take you home."

"No. I'm really okay Wolfie. I appreciate your concern. I love you too. Now could you please get the new releases from the back?"

"Yeah yeah. But I get one!" She said as she started to walk away.

"Of course. I know you love that author." After she turned the corner you thought of something and yelled after her. "And don't call Jin!"

"I won't!" She yelled back. While you were busy and distracted in the front she was in the back grabbing her phone from her bag. She made a call and it was answered on the second ring.

"Hey Wolfie! Aren't you at work?"

"Hey Tae. Yes I am. Am I bothering you?"

"No. We just got finished practicing for today. What's up?"

"I was hoping you could ask Jin to come take Y/n home."

"Why? Is she okay?"

"Not really. She's really sick and refusing to go home and rest no matter how many times I tell her."

"Okay but why aren't you asking him yourself?"

"She told me not to call him and me calling you to ask him is me not calling him."

He laughed. "Alright. We'll be there in a few."

After she said 'thank you' and hung up she put the phone away and carried out the box of new releases to the front. You looked at her with narrowed eyes. "Took an awful long time to get a box of books."

"I was checking Wattpad. Gotta read my stories yo." You rolled your eyes but still laughed. She handed you the box and you sat it on an empty shelf. After handing her the first one, and recovering from her squeals of excitement, you started stacking them on the shelf.

After a while you started to get a bit dizzy. You asked Wolfie to get you some water and she quickly rushed off. Meanwhile you were holding onto the shelf, trying to stand still and not faint. It didn't really work because you started to fall. Just as your legs gave out you felt someone catch you.

You looked up at the person with blurry vision. You squinted from the bright light above them. Then they spoke. "Y/n? Are you okay?" You recognized that voice.

"Jin? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at practice."

He lightly chuckled. "You almost fainted yet you're worried about where I'm supposed to be?"

You were about to answer when you heard another voice. "Oh hey! You guys finally got here!" You turned your head to see Wolfie and that's when you noticed Tae was there also.

"Wolfie I told you not to call him." You said.

"I didn't! I called him." She pointed at Tae.

"Then I called him." Tae pointed at Jin. You just sighed and closed your eyes, too tired to be irritated with her.

"I'm gonna take her home." Jin said. "You need a ride Tae?"

"Nah. I'm gonna stay and help Wolfie with the store." You assume Jin nodded. Then he lifted you up bridal style and carried you to his car where he gently placed you in the passenger seat. The action was repeated when he got to the house and carried you inside, laying you in bed.

He made you take some medicine and placed a rag on your head. He sat next to you, planning on staying there until you were better. "Why weren't you home?" He asked finally. "And why didn't you tell me you were sick?"

"You're busy with the new comeback and all. I didn't want to worry you with a simple cold."

"Y/n it's my job as your boyfriend to worry about 'a simple cold'. I told you I would take care of you no matter what was going on and I meant that."

"But-"

"No. Stop being stubborn for a day and let me take care of you." You sighed and finally nodded. You knew he was just as stubborn as you and you were too weak to argue about anything.

You both spent the rest of the day cuddled up in bed, watching random movies and eating soup Jin had made.

A/n

There we go! I wrote this faster than I thought I would. I hope this is what you had in mind Shani. And I hope you enjoyed! I love you!

Also! Look at this cover she made me!

It's so beautiful! So much better than the one I had!

And! If you like my Imagines you will love hers! Go go go! Go check it out if you haven't already! She has three of them AND 12 other amazing stories that you might like! I whole heartedly and very eagerly recommend everything she has written! I love her and her writing so much 💜

Anyways as always thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! I love you! Also thank you all for 1.6K reads! It means a lot to me that people are reading this 😊 I love you all!