Jin - Cinderella Part 2

The party had just barely started and Jin was already bored out of his mind. He did like having fun with people but this party was not fun at all. It was just another installment of his parents' version of speed dating. He knew that it was only because they cared but he wished they'd stop. He'd find the right girl in his own time and in his own way.

But he couldn't really tell them this so he just went along with it. He put on a smile and greeted guests, met whoever his parents threw at him and danced one dance with them. He never had more than one dance with someone. The first was polite and if he ever did a second it would be because he felt something, a spark or something like that. He hasn't yet.

After everyone had arrived his mother stood in the middle of the ballroom where she could be seen and clinked her glass. "Alright everyone! It's that time again! All of the single men and women will dance with each other now. Come on out."

Jin sighed to himself. To make him feel better about this whole thing his parents had every single person dance together. Quite a few relationships have started because of this. Seems like everyone has fallen in love but him. He wonders if he ever will.

He made his way to the gathering group. The only saving grace of this night is that everyone is wearing mask so no one really knows who is who. You'd only be able to guess who someone was if you paid enough attention. Which is what most of these girls were trying to do. Jin was first paired up with a girl in a gaudy neon pink dress. He normally liked pink but not this one and definitely not on her.

After a few minutes of dancing and her staring nonstop at him she finally spoke. "You're Kim Seokjin aren't you?"

He held back a sigh and gave her a quick smile. "Yes." He said.

Her eyes and smile widened giving her a comical look. "I knew it was you! Hi! I'm Choi Sunhee! I work with my mother and sister in Kim Business."

"That's nice." He kept a slightly strained smile as she continued to ramble on and on about herself in an attempt to interest him. He wasn't at all. He was honestly a bit relieved when the dance was over. That relief was short lived when he saw Ms. Choi speaking with another girl her age who was wearing an equally gaudy dress, only hers was yellow.

The girl in yellow confidently sauntered up to him. He politely smiled and greeted her. "I'm Choi Jisoo. Nice to meet you Mr. Kim."

He listened to her talk about herself just like her sister did. He somehow managed not to sigh or roll his eyes every time she said or did something suggestive. He was more relieved than before when this dance was over. He didn't even mind the other women he had to dance with as long as it wasn't the Choi sisters again.

He danced with a few girls who were nice enough but still didn't want to do it a second time. Then he danced with one girl who didn't really seem like she wanted to be here. She wore a baby blue dress and he could see black boots instead of heels. A white stick held her hair up on the back of her head but he thought that the stick seemed to long to actually be for your hair.

She moved fine but she had a small frown on her face. "Are you okay?" He asked after a while.

"Yes I'm fine. Why do you ask?" She said.

"You just don't seem like you want to be here."

"Well I actually don't want to be here. No offense to you. You're not the problem. I'm just not much of a crowd person."

"Then why are you here?"

She sighed. "It's my duty to be here." She used a mocking tone and rolled her eyes before her voice went back to a normal tone. "I'm sure you get it."

He nodded. "I do."

"Although I don't see why he couldn't do this. He knows I hate crowds the stupid little midget." Suddenly she tilted her head as if she heard something and rolled her eyes again with another sigh. "Right. On to business so I can leave. Mr. Kim I'm your Fairy Godmother."

"Wait what?" He raised an eyebrow at her unbelieving. He thought maybe there was a screw loose in her head or something.

"Well I'm a Fairy Godmother to many but tonight it's you and one other person. I know how weird that sounds and you don't have to believe me. I just wanted to let you know about and congratulate you on your fairytail come true." She smiled at him.

"What do you mean?" He stopped dancing and she let her hands fall to her sides as her smile grew bigger.

"Tonight all of your wishes come true." Without another word she turned and melted with the crowd.

"Hey wait! What are you talking about?" He tried to follow her to get some answers but she was gone. He sighed frustrated. How much weirder was this night going to get? First the over bearing Choi sisters and now the wacky girl in a dress and boots. He couldn't wait for this night to be over.

He was starting to wonder how much longer the party was going to last when he saw someone and suddenly everything fell away. A glimpse of a light pink dress, the pleasant clink of glass heels on the marble, that's all he could focus on now as he made his way through the crowd to the source.

When he finally caught up he watched you as you gazed at everything in amazement. To be honest you hadn't seen anything quite as extravagant as this place before. Jin watched as your eyes lit up and your mouth forming a silent 'wow'.

He knew he hadn't danced with you yet because he would have definitely remembered holding you close to him. He felt excited at the thought of being able to dance with you and he got butterflies as he made his way to you. He gently tapped your shoulder and lightly coughed to get your attention. You turned to him with a slight gasp.

"Hello." He said.

"Hello." You replied.

"Care to dance?" He asked with a hopeful smile. You gave him a small smile and nodded. He took your hand in his and laid his other on your waist while yours went to his shoulder. Suddenly you both were twirling through the room, the party and the world completely forgotten to you both.

Neither of you spoke as you glided across the floor. You didn't really need to. You could suddenly feel it in every fiber of your being that this person was yours, that you already gave him your heart as soon as you stepped in the building. You could see it in his eyes that he felt the same.

In the short, few minute dance, he felt eternity. This moment lasted forever yet not at all. You didn't bother talking about yourselves because nothing needed to be said right then. Even if you didn't know each others names or who the other person was you could feel that this was live at first sight.

It was like a lightning bolt that shot through your body, electrifying every touch you shared. It was like a warmth in your heart after meeting an old friend again. It was everything. You didn't even think about how irrational this all was. You'd had some weird things happen tonight but you weren't thinking about that either.

Before Jin realized you both had been dancing for way longer than he had with other girls and people were noticing. But he didn't really think or care about that. He felt something with you that he had never felt before. He felt like he was finally breathing after holding it his entire life. He felt like his heart was actually beating as if he hadn't ever been alive in the first place.

After the third dance he reluctantly let you go. But he didn't want you to go just yet. He wanted to spend more time with you and actually talk to you this time. "Would you mind going on a walk with me? Outside? I want to get some fresh air."

"I'd love to." You said. He smiled and took your hand. He led you out of the room and through the side doors into a small garden. Fairy lights were strung around to give a bit of light in case anyone came out here. You walked in comfortable silence until Jin got up the courage to talk to you.

"So do you work for the Kim's?" He asked. He quickly mentally slapped himself for asking such an obvious question. Of course you did or else you wouldn't have been here.

You just smiled and nodded. "I do. I work in Kim Business."

"That's nice."

You nodded again. "Do you work for the Kim's?"

"I do. Well in a way. I guess you could say I work with the Kim's."

"That must be nice."

He shrugged. "It has it's ups and downs. I'd call tonight an up though." He glanced at you with a small smile.

You felt a light blush make it's way onto your face. You both stopped under a lattice arch of roses and looked back up at the mansion. "It's really beautiful." You said.

"Yeah. It is." You turned to his voice and found him looking at you. You just stared at each other until he slowly started to lean in. You did too. Your lips were an inch away until your phone started ringing.

You jumped back and pulled it out of your pocket. (yup your dress has pockets. Your welcome) "I'm sorry I thought I turned this off." You said embarrassed. You turned it on to see why it was being so loud. A reminder showed up on your screen.

Magical Fairy Godmother Wolfie Reminder!
Time Is Almost Up!

You gasped when you checked the time and shoved your phone back in your pocket. "I'm sorry I have to go." You said and started to run off.

"Wait! Where are you going?" He called after you and you wanted to stop but you couldn't, you couldn't get caught by the Choi's, so you ran faster. You rushed through the people and made your way outside. Just like Wolfie said Jimin was waiting for you outside. You jumped into the car and drove off.

Meanwhile Jin just barely made it to the steps when he saw your car drive away. He stood there panting for a moment wondering how he was going to find you when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Excuse me. Mr. Kim? I believe you dropped this." He turned and he saw the strange girl in boots holding a small card to him.

"No I didn't-" He cut himself off when he looked at the card. He had assumed that it would have his name on it but it didn't. Well at least not entirely. It had 'Kim Business' at the top and under it had a floor number and four names.

Kim Business
Floor eight
Choi Mina
Choi Jisoo Choi Sunhee

He grimaced when he read those names but that melted away into a slightly wide eyed look as he read the last name.

Lee Y/n

He looked back up at the girl and she gave him a smile. "Thank you." He said.

She waved a hand. "No need. Just doing my job." He smiled and hugged her. She hugged him back before making her way down the stairs and slowly disappearing in blue glitter. If he didn't believe that she was actually a fairy he did now.