13 June, 2019.

Happy 6th Birthday BTS!

Last night, after I decided to call it a day, I felt the need to finally go though some BTS performances that I had kept in my watch later list.

First up was their BBMA's performance with Halsey. The boys were great but I feel the need to specially mention the stage (and I mean the actual stage). They had replicated three sets from the MV and I loved it. Halsey also did a really great job keeping up with the boys. It was an interesting performance because BTS have never shared the stage with anyone as a group when it came to their own songs.

Then I moved on to BTS' Speak Yourself tour vids. I only got around to watching the opening VCR and the Dionysus performance but DAMN! It was lit! The VCR was very well made and the entrance was fucking GRAND! I LOVED IT! I could feel the aura/energy/power through the screen. What an experience the audience must have had!

BTS' Boy With Luv performance on The Voice was totally live and the boys did not disappoint. Especially Jin. People praslised Jin a lot and rightfully so. I also saw their performances on Britain's Got Talent and Good Morning America (concert) and quite a lot of their American/British interviews. Woah, they're showing up everywhere. Hope they get a well deserved rest too.

I woke up at 12PM today and spent almost the entire day cooed up in my room with my online course. First, I figured out what I was doing wrong last night and completed the questions I had left out. Then, I proceeded with week 4 to finish it and move on to week 5. I'm glad that I am able to score well in their tests. If only I could show my progress to the Vice Dean....

IZ*ONE's Buenos Aires released today! In all honesty, I wasn't completely looking forward to the video now because:

A) My mind was rightfully preoccupied with my current situation

B) I had already heard the entire song plus seen a lot of clips from the MV when it was all over my Twitter feed.

Anyways, I saw the MV and... umm... here's my first reaction- What the fuck is going on, where do I even look?! Maybe that was the whole concept of the vid but it was very messy. The song itself is messy and it's going to take quite some time for me to get used to it.

I really liked their choreography when they had performed it live but the video didn't do any it any justice. The camera work was too haywire to concentrate on the dance steps. The various lighting made the video even more dizzy. The dance break would have been so much more impactful if we had gotten to see the entire dance.

Now I'm pretty sure I don't like the releasing-music/video-before-the-official-release strategy. It totally takes off the surprise element of the song/MV.

On a positive note, I really liked all of Chaewon's shots. Girl sure knows how to work the camera.