19 August, 2019.

EVERGLOW dropped Adios today and as expected, IT'S. A. BANGER!! It got me hooked from the first instance. I mean, Mia is a total eye catcher. As my bias, I really liked seeing and listening to a lot of her but the other members did amazing too! I feel like Aisha embodied the song and especially her rap very well.

The song is similar to their debut song Bon Bon Chocolat in some places. For example, both the songs start with a tune that then gets used as the chorus dance break, post the beat drop. In fact Adios' tune sounds like a slow version of Bon Bon Chocolat's. So we can say that Everglow has a sound now. Maybe. I don't know.

But even with the similarities, the songs are different. The music videos for instance are COMPLETELY different from one another. They are even more fierce in this MV and I love their outfits. From the looks of it, EVERGLOW and this comeback seems to be gaining a lot of attention. They've already crossed the 1M views mark and that's a pretty big feat when you're a rookie and from a really small company.

I can see why they could get compared to BLACKPINK but then again, there are quite a few girl crush groups in the KPop scene now.

As someone who has essentially seen the birth of the 4th Generation idols and has seen and read a lot about the 2nd and 3rd Generation (especially the latter), I would like to make a prediction as to who I think would be the next "leading KPop boy groups and girl groups".

First of all, my knowledge of "KPop Generations" maybe wrong but I'm going to go by what I've seen the most. According to my observation, the next generation mostly starts when SM, YG or JYP debuts a new group that skyrockets to fame. I admittedly don't know anything about the first generation so I'm going to skip to the rest. The second gen for me is the 2000s and it ends with Exo's debut in 2012, thereby starting the 3rd Gen. 4th Gen for me starts from 2018. This break up suffices the groups that I'm considering for this prediction.

Also, the groups from each generation may or may not be my favourites but overall, these are the ones who seem to be at the top.

2nd Gen
Top Girl Group(s): SNSD and 2NE1
Top Boy Group(s): BIGBANG, SUPER JUNIOR and TVXQ

3rd Gen
Top Girl Group(s): BLACKPINK and TWICE
Top Boy Group(s): BTS and EXO

(Note: Wanna One would've made it to the list had they been a permanent group)

Now coming to the 4th Generation groups.

With the 3rd Gen groups still going pretty strong and gaining international fame, it'll take some time for KPop to pass the baton onto the newcomers.

I'm excluding IZ*ONE and X1 and any other group that the Produce series will come out with because even though they are/will be huge successes, they're still temporary and can't stay at the top for long.

Also, obviously I can't say anything about the debuts that'll take place in say, the coming two years, and I mean the ones who aren't known to the public yet.

First up, Top Girl Groups of the 4th Generation.

A few weeks ago, I would've said only ITZY and (G)IDLE.

ITZY is the first girl group of the 4th Gen that came out of the Big 3 and as expected, they came out with a bang. Ofcourse they had the company name to support them and most of the members were already known to the public, but it doesn't take away from the fact that ITZY is great at performing. Their songs may be unconventional but they sure do make headlines. In fact, apart from the previously mentioned factors, their style of music plays a major role in setting them apart from the other girl groups, third gen included. ITZY's popularity seems to be following the same trend as their seniors TWICE when they debuted, so they are one of my top picks.