9 July, 2019.

Today morning, dad dropped mom and I at our tailor's. Mom had to get her dress materials stitched while I had to get some alterations done. I had bought this anarkali around 3-4 years ago from this store that shows a free size and then gets it altered as per our measurements. I had bought stuff from that store before so I didn't try on the outfit after they had altered it. But when I had to wear it for Diwali that year, it was SOOO uncomfortable. That's when I realised that they had made the shoulders really small. Seriously, who the fuck has such small shoulders?! By then it had been weeks (or months) since I bought that anarkali so I couldn't go back to the store. And today after so many years, I finally got the chance to make things right.

Along with the Anarkali, I also had to alter this dress that Sasha and Sia had gifted me years ago. You see, I don't really wear dresses. In fact, I literally have just one dress that I've worn. I'm still not comfortable wearing it so when they gifted the oversized dress to me, I wasn't too eager to get it altered. But that was years ago. Now that I'm trying to open up to going out of my comfort zone and trying out dresses, why not start with what I already have.

Anyways, we had to wait for about 45 mins at the tailor's because the woman who had come before us had a lot to clothes to get stitched.

After our session with the tailor, we went to our local library to exchange mom's book. Then we headed to the market to fix mom's bags, buy me a round comb, and buy some masalas that mom wanted. The main market was temporarily shut because of the municipal raid. Sad.

Oh would you look at the new tactic my college is now using to get us on campus? Yesterday, I turned them down and said that I won't be free to come to college for the townhall. And today I get a message from one of my research paper partners saying that the college wants to "felicitate us" for the same....

Ridiculous. It's been months since our research paper got published and we presented it. They had plenty of time to "felicitate" us back then. And if they really planned on awarding us, they wouldn't have communicated that to us just one day before it. If this was genuine, they would've sent us and our parents an email long back.

To be honest, I was for a moment considering going to college. Atleast I'd make my parents proud. But then again, they weren't going to be there to see me so it didn't make much sense. I decided not to go.

Afternoon onwards was reserved for the India vs. New Zealand semi finals. India did well with their bowling/fielding. Unfortunately or fortunately, the rains stopped the game completely and now the match is postponed to tomorrow.

At night mom scolded me yet again because I didn't knead the chapati dough today. I kept procrastinaing it but didn't end up doing it.