15 July, 2019.

The real deal begins today.

I woke up at 7:30AM, boiled the milk, made myself some coffee and began my cooking adventure. I got all the ingredients for today's bhaaji (moong) out and started preparing. I strictly referred to the recipe I had written down until the maid arrived.

She saw me attempt to cook something and I became hella self conscious. There's no doubt she was highly amused seeing me in the kitchen so early in the morning. I mean, it's legit never happened before. I was surprised when she offered to make today's chapatis. That was so unexpected. Thanks man. She also advised me to put some other masalas/powders into the bhaaji.

Throughout the process of making the bhaaji I kept thinking that I'm messing something up. But it turned out really good ya! Nothing seemed too overpowering and the pulses were properly cooked.

Having said that, I have to agree that it feels very anxious to live without mom.

I packed the food for Alex and dad and after taking a bath, I did all the cutting, cleaning, folding and other daily chores and also got plenty of time to rest. Dad called me up in the afternoon to tell me that the food was cooked well. Felt really nice! So I guess my cooking adventure was successful once again!