5 September, 2019 - Graduation Day.

Today marks yet another important day in my life.

Yes, I had given my last exam in the months of March and June. Yes, I had gotten to know my results in August. But today, I officially became a graduate. Another milestone has been achieved.

To be honest, I personally didn't feel any different but looking at how proud my family is of me, that's what makes me proud of myself as well.

In the morning, I got ready in my sole black dress. I knew that the graduation robe was going hide most of it but I wanted to wear one today. None of my friends have seen me wear a dress so I knew they would be surprised.

Mom, dad, Alex and I left home by 8:30AM and reached college a little before 9:30. The "graduation hall" was practically empty but I did meet a few of my professors.

Oh shit. Today was Teachers' Day. And I didn't wish any of them. Wow. Dammit.

Anyways, there was a photo booth made for us so I got a pic taken with my fam. This photo booth idea was one of the only good things about the venue.

Speaking of which, they had kept it in a parking lot and I still don't understand why. We had a perfectly spacious, air-conditioned hall on campus but they decided to ditch that place for this.

I went upstairs and got myself robed. Then I met Hannah, Gurtley, Deborah and Isabelle and we spoke for while.

All students were called outside and after a lot of effort, the 200 of us were arranged in two rows all ready to head in. We had to wait for a good half an hour-45 mins to enter tho. That kinda sucked. But then again, I finally got to meet Kristen and Paul so that was amazing! I missed these two so much!

We headed inside in a low-key ramp walk fashion and sat at our seats. Then there was a speech by our Dean, a couple of "valedictorians" and our Chief Guest. The Chief Guest's speech was amazing! I think it would've been better if I wasn't sitting next to some negative minded people. And these were the ones who didn't even go to this college in their third year. I understand that you probably have unresolved issues but maybe keep it in for the graduation at least?

We finally had the name-calling- certificate-giving ceremony that went past like a breeze. I didn't even realise when I got on and off the stage but I had expected it. There were still quite a few names to be called out so I got hold of Kristen and we had a good chat. We caught up with each other's lives and laughed a lot!

After about an hour or so, we had the Hat's Off Ceremony! To be honest, I had been waiting for this moment for SO LONG. And I'm not just talking about today. I have seen seen graduation ceremonies in movies/TV shows/vlogs and the hat throwing thing always excited me. So when I heard that we'd be having a graduation ceremony as well...

And yesss! It was silly but fun! We had all parents in front of us ready with their phones out. And then 3...2...1... HAT'S OFF EVERYBODY!

All of us scattered to collect our hats cause we had to give it back to the authorities 😂

The management showed us a video they had prepared for us. Well, technically it was only for the ones who participated in the inter-collegiate events so eh. But I didn't really feel as bad as I did during the farewell. I guess I got too used to it.

And then it was photoshoot timeeee!  The photo booth was crowded by then but we still decided to stand in the line. I clicked a pic with my fam and with Kristen! Of course I also got a solo one clicked as well. Paul also came over at a point and we clicked a few pics ourselves. I couldn't find my other friends but that's fine.

We also took some pictures outside and it was fun! I took an individual one with mom, dad and Alex so yeah, I now have a lot of graduation pictures.

Post that, I deposited my robe and we left college. My fam decided to extend the celebration to lunch as well. So after contemplating various options, we settled for a cafe I've been to a couple of times before.

Assuming that I've never explained the concept of the cafe, this place is known for making fresh meals (mostly baked confidential items) everyday. And in order to finish their daily stock, they partake in deep discounting post 8PM. They have a huge spread so you've got plenty to choose from. Also, I really like the ambience of the place.  It was probably due to space constraints but the layout of the cafe is in form of a fairy-tale like staircase and they have indoor, outdoor and rooftop seating options. The indoor seating have way too many dim lamps as lighting.

I didn't think my dad would like the ambience but he did! He liked the entire place in general. We all ate chicken quiches, fried rice, lamb balls, dragon chicken, crispy burger, chicken lollipop... yep, it was a feast. The only negative about this place is that it lacks spicy food. The food is always either sweet or neutral.

I collected my formal photographs on our way back home.

After coming back home, I got a highly expected call. It was from my bank job interviewer/project lead. Yeah, the same bank who hadn't selected me last month. He asked me if I'm still up for the job (yes!) and that he'll ask his HR to send me an offer....

Wow. What. Just. Happened?!

I was stunned for quite some time. My brain just couldn't process what the fuck just happened. How am I getting an offer from a company who had seemingly rejected me a month ago?

The call immediately made me think about the entrance exams I was planning to give....

I thought over it and spoke to dad. He (and mom and Alex) was obviously very happy with the news but we decided that I'd register for the exams regardless.

I spent a considerable amount of time posting my graduation pics on Instagram. It's definitely something social media worthy! I got a lot of virtual wishes and a couple of phone calls from relatives congratulating me. Felt nice. :)

At night, we visited one of our neighbours for Ganpati darshan. It was the same person who had given me some career advise (and an assignment that I have yet not done 🙈) a while back.

Thankfully, graduation and entrance exam news helped in me not being questioned about that assignment. Hahaha.

Anyways, today was a really really good day.

Girl, I'm proud of you.