7 September, 2019.

In efforts to quicken my recovery, I visited the doctor's clinic today. Even though my general health felt much better than yesterday, I didn't want health issues to hinder my preparation or just going about with my day-to-day activities.

I met one of my childhood friends at the clinic and he offered to drop me half way as we live on the same road. Very kind of him to do so.  

I spent most of my morning researching on how to go about preparing a study plan for the entrance exams. Given that the ideal prep time is about 6 months, I needed to find out faster ways now. I've always been the 'work hard' types. I want to be the 'work smart' type for once.

Sasha and Sia's parents came over for a bit. Their dad offered to provide me with some training if I needed it. Nice! 

That wasn't only offer I got today. 

In the afternoon, I got 3 calls regarding job openings. I discarded the first one after mistaking it to be from the bank company whose offer I was awaiting. Another reason was because my deaf self couldn't hear the name of the company well. Turns out, I had gotten a call from a top consultancy firm who had gotten my resume either through a networking route or by one of the job search portals. After a discussion with my dad, I agreed to go for the interview on the coming Monday even though the office is a little beyond my city limits. 

While I was contemplating this first offer, I got another call from a well known broking firm, with a Franchise Advisory role. They wanted to schedule an interview on Monday as well. Due to mismatch in phone call timings, this opportunity is as good as gone. It was anyways a sales related job and the company is infamous for its poor culture so there's no huge loss there. 

I got yet another call from a job providing agency with a banking role. Guess when did they want to schedule the interview? Yup, Monday. If the woman sticks by her words, I should be getting a call from her on Tuesday to confirm the interview timings for Wed.

All this happened within a span of an hour. I was so surprised. I signed up on the job/internship search sites about a week back and this was the first time I got any calls through it. And what a coincidence that I get (what I think is) a reference based call on the same day!

Anyways, since I agreed to interview at the first company, I was required to fill an extensive application form. It almost felt like I'm applying for a third exam. 

Along with the candidature application, I had to take a 100 min pre-interview aptitude test. Woah, now that's interesting. What wasn't interesting was the fact that I had to fill the same damn details that I had already filled on the application form. It took a lot of time. 

I proceeded to give my test a little after 6PM. Was I nervous? Surprisingly not. 

I felt like I was giving a mock entrance test because it included Verbal, Comprehension, Logic and Data Interpretation along with a lot of situational questions. Luckily, there weren't any quant based questions. I don't hate math but I've recently figured that I've gone back to becoming poor at the subject. :/

The test was nice according to me. I especially loved the logic questions. It would've been nice if they would've shown my score but it's alright.

Grandad has come to stay with us for a couple of days. Parker and his friends from another city have come over to give a Defence exam. Grandad offered to vacate his quarters to accomodate his friends for a day or two. 

I did do some studying today. I focused on the vocab section. I also read a chapter of the book I'm currently reading. I have a LOT of words to remember but I guess I can say that this section is my strength. And after yesterday's failure, I needed to boost my morale.

I still don't have a fixed schedule planned for I still haven't decided when I plan to give my NMAT. I feel like I will develop a routine soon enough.