9 September, 2019.

In the morning I had made up my mind that today would be a tough interview.

The first big task for the day was to reach the office on time. I left my place a little after 8PM and headed towards the station. I met Mikayla and one of her office friends at the platform. I waited for a good 20 mins for my train to come. I had to switch at another station which I thought was going to be a big headache but it wasn't. Cause as soon as I got off at the platform I could see the other train right in front of me. I didn't even have to use any bridge or subway whatsoever.

I got a nice place to sit and spent my time reading up about the company. I had meant to revise my college notes but ultimately didn't come around to it. I got off at the station and began figuring out a way to get to the office. I knew that rickshaws located in places (a little) beyond my city do not charge by the metre aka they overcharge but I was fine with it for today. I just needed someone to take me to the office. 

The office campus is at about a 20 min walking distance from the station but there is no designated space built for pedestrians. Nor is the road properly built. 

After inconveniently having to step out of the rick to fill in the visitor's register (because it was raining and my umbrella couldn't do anything to stop my blazer from getting wet), I got dropped to a point beyond which no public vehicles were allowed. 

The complex seemed to be a very new one so there wasn't a proper "infrastructure" in place in comparison to the area of the complex. But if they had to start making buildings, wouldn't it be more sensible to start with the ones that are nearer to the entryway? 

There were legit no buildings until a kilometre from the entrance. The place looked nice but empty. Only the security guards were in sight. I entered the building and was greeted by an empty reception desk. I'm guessing this place is undergoing massive hiring plans currently.

I reached the office and after filling the visitors' register once again, I took my seat at the waiting area. According to a board that I noticed, the office was a pretty new one. It was inaugurated only this April. 

Admittedly the place looked fancy. I briefly took in my surroundings and noticed a huge wall with superheros painted on the glass. We couldn't see much past the empty reception desk that had a lot of screens surrounding it. Oh, there was a huge screen on an another wall that displayed the financial market/stock market news. I went and read one their standees that highlighted some of the company's successes. 

There were two other female candidates present and I got talking to one of them. She lived nearby and already had a year of work ex with a leading bank but wanted to work elsewhere. The other candidate was busy talking to her friends who worked there. 

While we're on that topic, there weren't a lot of employees entering but most of those who were, were pretty young. They didn't look as intimidating as the other company(ies) I had interviewed at. 

A few other candidates also arrived and after about an hour, the interview process began. The HR interviewed us today. She asked me to briefly explain my CV and once I did that, she explained the JD. The job is compliance related and includes heavy Accounting and Taxation. And no dealing with customers. Basically, it's a back end, not a front end job.

She asked me if I'm interested and upon agreeing, she proceeded to give an MCQ based test paper that I had to solve within 45 mins. The test had a few Accounting and Finance questions but majority of the questions were based on tax.

Ya girl has never studied tax.

I concentrated on the questions I was supposed to know and randomly ticked any option for the tax questions. Wow, this was difficult.

And that was all I needed to do today. They said they'll call back if we're shortlisted. Frankly, I don't have much hopes.

It was close to 1PM by the time I got out of the office. It was raining quite hard by then. I decided to have my lunch before heading home. Since there was nobody in the perfectly placed lobby seating area, I sat there and ate my lunch, taking in the surroundings, including the mountain view. It felt nice for a change.

Apparently, getting a rick back to the station is also another problem here. Thankfully, I got one fairly quickly and also another commuter to share the unreasonable rick expense with.

I was lucky with my trains as well. At both the stations. I came back home and then continued with my day like always.

~~~

Part 7 of An Outlet comes to an end right here. I will be making an eighth journal for the next hundred 100 days of my life. Or less. Who knows?