28 June, 2019.

Today morning I woke up around 9AM but it was so dark that it felt like it was 6. Looks like the real monsoon season is finally upon us.

Today was the housewarming day. I got ready, we arranged everything and waited for the bhadjis (religious pundits) to arrive and start with the puja. The guests were invited only in the evening. The morning was mostly reserved for immediate families.

But there was another family present who aren't "immediate family"..... at least not yet. I was so surprised to know that Amanda's boyfriend and his parents were invited for the morning ceremony. As in I know that the parents know everything and have met each other a couple times so it's not surprising that they were invited today. What was surprising was that they were called in the morning, unlike all the other guests. Wow, things must be going pretty well (and serious) for Amanda and her boyfriend.

I have personally never witnessed anyone in my family introduce their "lovers", if I may, to other family members (or just my parents for that matter), especially when there aren't any ongoing "marriage talks". So yeah, it took a lot of time for me to digest that fact.

Anyways, Amanda's boyfriend and his parents arrived. We didn't talk much to the parents but we spoke a lot with the boyfriend. He seems chill. We played multiple rounds of Psych which made it easier for us open up (Do you notice our ice breaking trend here).

Unfortunately for Amanda, boyfriend couldn't stay for the entire day so they left after lunch.

The house was quiet in the afternoon and then filled with people around evening. Amanda's 2 college friends (who were also present at her birthday party) came over and helped my sister get dressed in a sari. But that prevented her from greeting a lot of visitors and helping out.

So I offered helped for the two of us. I was constantly in and out of the kitchen making sure everyone had gotten something to eat. I even gave a tour of the house to some guests (some of whom I didn't even know). I knew I would've gotten bored if I did nothing.

Our regular group of cousin families also arrived and I'm glad we could meet each other yet again.

At night, after all the visitors had left and it was just mine and Amanda's family, we had a gift opening session. I like doing those, especially when the gifts are related to the house. We spend a good hour and a half doing that and then the four of us left for home.

After coming back home, I listened to 2 new songs from the BTS World tracklist.

First up is the last unit song, All Night by BTS' RM, Suga and Juice WRLD. To be honest, it took a couple of listens to be at ease with the song. I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced with the part that comes before the "All night all night all night all night...." bit. Having said that, I really liked Suga's part right away. Obviously, there are going to be some songs that don't vibe with me and I guess this is one of them.

On the (absolute) contrary,

BTS WORLD' main OST Heartbeat

Now this song totally blew my mind. Both the song and the video. I'll talk about the video first cause I didn't expect a MV to come along with the song, considering how the other unit songs that were recently released didn't have one. Okay, the MV is frickin' ethereal! It shows the members in what I'm assuming are their characters in the game (V - farmer, Jungkook- martial arts, Jimin- baker, Jin - hotel manager, RM - detective, JHope - doctor and Suga - pianist). I especially liked all of Jin's shots. At some point the video turns into a lyric video and then we get to the heavenly space visuals that looked so so beautiful! I loved how they incorporated the ARMY bomb and made them look like stars. The editing of this entire video was bomb!

75% of the emotional factor of this release came from the music as compared to the video. Oh my god, the song is SO BEAUTIFUL! Right from the start to the end. There seemed to be multiple layers of instruments and vocals, especially in the chorus that gave me choir like vibes, and I mean it in a good way. The bridge part was so powerful and emotional that it made me cry a bit, not kidding. Yeah, music does that to me sometimes.

The OST for this game is a pretty strong one and Heartbeat deserves to lead it.

After thinking about everything BTS has released this year, I can't even begin to imagine how hectic their schedule must be.