17 July, 2019.

I woke up by 8:30AM cause I didn't have to make food today. Yesterday's bhaaji didn't get over at all so we decided to finish that as today's lunch.

In the evening, Alex and I went to visit grandad. It's been a while since we met. We spoke at length about our respective future plans (mostly Alex did cause between the two of us, he is the one who currently has a definite direction and goal to work towards). After meeting Uncle D's wife and having some snacks, we left for home.

Alex, dad and I decided to go for dinner tonight. We went to this restaurant which is in the same building as the gym I had visited a couple of days ago. We also picked up some chapatis on our way for tomorrow's lunch. This is because even though I have learnt how to make the chapati dough and even make close to circles now, I still can't put it over the stove. In short, I can't be trusted to make chapatis on my own and neither can dad or Alex. So we settled on buying our daily chapatis from a nearby (but no so nearby) meals store which sells Maharashtrian food.

Coming to the restaurant, the place was actually a pretty unconventional choice for us. Dad was in a mood to try something different so we opted for a non Chinese or Indian cuisine/place today. Alex had been to the restaurant before so he already had one dish in mind. The restaurant claimed to be "fine dining" related but that was so not true. The waiter allocated to us, though sweet, was a blundering mess. His gave us empty sauce bottles when we asked for them and forgot our order even though he had taken it down and repeated it to us.

So the service was not good but the food was nice. We had some Harissa chicken skewers, chicken Stroganoff (Alex's suggestion), chicken noodles and a chicken and bacon pizza. While I've had better Harissa and Stroganoff dishes, the noodles and pizza were really nice. I'm surprised dad even ordered a bacon one (and even liked it! That rarely happens!). Seems like he was really looking forward to breaking some norms today.

The ambience of the place was nice and the playlist included slightly older English songs (pre 2017 basically) so I was able to sing along with them. The only downside was that there were big families in the restaurant and they created a lot of noise.

All in all, I think the place is not bad. I'll probably have a better experience the next time I go there.

Post dinner, the three of us went for a drive near the beach. We wandered through unknown roads and took note of the different social places opened up in that locality. We also bought ice cream on our way home.

It was a really nice dad-kids night out.