17 June, 2019.

Aunt P came over today! She was in town for a family function and as per usual, she has made plans to stay at both ours and Uncle D's place. Nice!

I got my revised GPA today and yep, it's increased considerably. This is the score that I'm satisfied with. I would've been even more happy if I had got this grade in the first place but nevermind now.

So there's this game called BTS World that I've been hearing about since a really long time now. After joining the fandom, I have witnessed the release of a number of ancillary BTS content be it movies, webtoons, figurines, and even another game (Superstar BTS) but this game was always in the coming soon category ever since I can remember. After months of teasing, the game is finally set to be released this year. And I'm surprised that there is still so much hype surrounding it given the amount of time that has passed by since they announced the making of such a game.

Anyways, BigHit seems to have given a lot of time and attention towards this game for it has it's own soundtracks! As far as I know there's a main OST with all 7 members and three unit songs. Out of these 2 unit songs have been released:

-> Dream Glow by BTS' Jin, Jimin and Jungkook ft. Charlixcx

-> Brand New Day by BTS' JHope and V ft. Zara Larsson

First of all, woah, BTS is going all out with collaborations this year. And with such popular names too. I was so surprised when I heard about these. It's like they're ticking off international collaborations out of their list. If they go like this, we'll probably have a BTSxShawn or BTSxKhalid or something pretty soon. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if either of them ended up being on RM and Suga's OST.

Some thoughts on both these songs.

For Dream Glow, it was more like Charli and JK vs. Jimin and Jin. It's a nice song. I liked it. But is it weird to say that I found myself more at ease with the Korean compared to the English verses? To be fair, this is primarily a Korean song which is probably why the English seemed a little foreign to me. Speaking of, Jungkook is so well with his diction, ay! I've not heard a lot of Charlixcx even when I was into English songs but I think it was a pretty good effort on her part.

Ohhhh I really really liked Brand New Day, really really liked it. The beat/tune was surprising and totally up my alley. I love such groovy songs. The flow of the song was too good. Taehyung's voice suited the song so well! I was hooked onto it right away. Actually, not just Tae but Hobi was also perfect for this song. His style of rapping complimented the instrumentals very well. Oh and Zara Larsson tho! I've always appreciated her vocals. Infact her songs were always on my playlist before I turned to KPop. So to hear her on a BTS track was absolute bliss for me. All three of them did an amazing job.

This song is definitely not something I would've expected BTS to come out with but then again, they've always surprised us.