High school!Ichimatsu x Reader

A/N: Art belongs not to me. Just like the characters.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's winter season. I'm in the last year of high school so that means in a few months I have to start work. I sit in the classroom all alone with my dark purple scarf around my neck. I read a book my older sister bought me yesterday. While I read in the cold classroom I listen to the silence.

What I really love is when I'm all alone. When I don't hear a noise that rings in my ears. What I love the most is when snowflakes falling down onto fresh snow. For other people it doesn't make a sound for me it sounds so clear like nothing else in this world.

"Ah!" I look up from my book and to the door. One of my classmates looks at me a bit surprised. I think his name is Ichimatsu. "I thought no one was here." He mumbles to himself before stepping inside. " ... Your name was ... Matsuno Ichimatsu, right?" I ask with a calm voice. "Hm? Ah, yeah. But I'm sorry. I don't know your name." Ichimatsu said a bit bashful while laughing a bit. I look at him bored before turning back to my book.

Ichimatsu stands suddenly next to me. "What are you reading? It looks interesting." I look with my eyes a bit up to him. Ichimatsu smiles with a tilted head curious at me. I sigh softly and close my book. Standing up from my seat I turn to Ichimatsu.

I take my scarf off and bind it around his neck. Ichimatsu flinch from it. He tense a bit up. "Stop forcing yourself to smile. If you don't want to smile Matsuno-san ... you would just hurt yourself if you keep doing this for other people's sake." I say calm and pet his head softly before walking to the classroom door.

"I don't force ... myself to smile." Ichimatsu said quiet. A bit angry. I stop for a second by the classroom door. " ... If you say so." I walk away and make myself back home.

~The next day~
We have lunch time but I sit alone in the classroom. With just two or three other people from my class in the room. I play a video game on a console my sister gave me yesterday. She said I should use it, because she thinks I'll like it. While I kill a few monsters I listen to the music from the background of the video game. With my earphones.

'It's funny. I first thought Nee-chan would lie when she said I'll like this. But it makes more fun than I thought.' I smile a little. But suddenly someone tabs my shoulder from behind. I stop the game and look to the side.

"I want to talk to you under four eyes. (L/N)-san, right?" Ichimatsu ask with a smile. I look behind me. The other two students left the room. I sigh softly and take my earphones out. "If it's about yesterday then I'll not take it back." A bit sweat runs down from Ichimatsu's face. "But why? I don't force myself to smile. I'm happy and show it-" But I interrupt him.

I stand up and push him with one hand a bit back. "?!" I do this again. While saying: "You're right. I don't know you. But that doesn't mean I see how much you struggle to hold everything back. You hate to stay with your friends now. Am I right? You don't want to smile all the time. And you don't want to pretend like everything is fine." Ichimatsu's back hit the wall from the room. "Like I said yesterday. Keep smiling and you'll hurt yourself more and-?!"

But Ichimatsu suddenly grabs me by my shoulders and change places with me. Pressing me pretty hard against the wall. "Stop saying I force myself! I don't smile because I have to! I smile because I want to! And it's none of your business if I force myself to smile or not!" Ichimatsu yells angry at me. But looks down to the ground while doing this. His bangs covering his eyes.

"Who do you think you are to say this about me?! We never talked with each other! And we don't know a single thing about one another! I can't fucking understand what you think to say this about me! And who gives you the right for that?!" Ichimatsu's grip at my shoulders tighten a bit. Making me whimper in pain.

"?!" Ichimatsu flinch and quickly letting go of me. Looking a bit shocked and scared now down at me. I smile sadly at him and say: "Because I know how it feels to pretend like you're happy. Even if you're not." Ichimatsu's eyes widen but I push him away and walk out of the classroom. "Ah..." The brothers from Ichimatsu staring at me a bit unsure.

~After school~
I stay by the animals from the school. It's just a few rabbits, cats and turtles but still I take care of them. Beside the teachers so they don't have to do this after school. I make sure everyone has it warm and comfortable. And enough food. I pet softly a cat while the little kitty purrs and snuggling closer to my stomach. I smile dreamily.

"Don't worry Hana-chan~! Tomorrow is Saturday, but I'll still come over to you all~! I'll make sure you're not starving and have it warm~!" The cold snow that falls down onto me makes me freezing a little. But the warmth this cat gives me is enough for me to stay warm. "You're really weird."

I flinch from the sudden voice and look behind me. Ichimatsu walks over to me, but I'm more surprised not to see him smiling like usual. He has a bored expression and he wears my scarf. Ichimatsu crouch down next to me but he's not looking at me.

" ... Well, I'm a girl. And even I can't help it but smile when I see such cute animals~. Besides, I took care of them since I was in the first year of high school~." I say dreamy and pet Hana-chan again. She just purrs again. "Can I too?"

"Hm?" I look now at Ichimatsu again. He looks down at Hana-chan with half closed eyes. I smile a little and hand the cat over. Ichimatsu wants to pet her, but Hana-chan quickly jumps back to me. Hissing at Ichimatsu before snuggling closer to me again.

I laugh sweaty while Ichimatsu looks unwell away from me. "If you want Matsuno-san you can-" "Ichimatsu." I look now confused at him. Ichimatsu's cheeks turning red while he looks away from me. "Call me by my first name ... (Y/N)-chan." I smile a little and pet Hana-chan again. "If you want, Ichimatsu-kun."

~A few years later~
I sit on the edge from my bed and look down on my smartphone. 'Ugh! I remember I have a day off today. Aaaah ... whatever.' "?!" Two arms going around my waist and pulling me quickly back. I fall back into the bed and get hugged tightly from behind.

"Why're you getting out of bed (Y/N)-chan?" Ichimatsu mumbles sleepy. "I thought I have work today, Ichi." I laugh a little and turn around to face him. " ... That you were the smartest in high school ... I can't really believe this anymore." "Heeey~!" I push Ichimatsu a bit away.

But he pulls me closer again. Ichimatsu gets up a little and gives me a kiss on the forehead. Smiling a bit with closed eyes. "Thanks." "Huh?" I look now confused up to Ichimatsu. "Thanks for ... everything." Ichimatsu hide his face in the crock of my neck. I don't know what he mean, but I smile happy and hug him now.