+ 19 +

It's...

So...

Hot....

Standing in front of your full length mirror you bust out into tears feeling the prickling sensations of heat waving through your body, the material of your sweater seeming to shield the heat against your skin.

Why?

Why is this happening?!

Am I sick?

I don't like this feeling at all!

Leaning down and slowly slinging your bag over your shoulder you hiccup and stifle a sob when your mother suddenly opens your door with your lunch in her hand, her cutting eyes swirling with an odd emotion.

"What's wrong with you?"

"M-Mother...I don't feel good...it's so hot in here.."

"So? Do you pay the bills?"

"Mother please just this once can I wear something with less sleeves it's so hot in-"

"Excuse me! Why are you talking back?! Do I need to take away more things?!"

More...

What else do I have for you to take?...

Gritting you're teeth and wiping the sweat off your forehead you simply grab the bag out of your mothers hands and practically trip down the stairs from the overwhelming heat, the sound of expensive heels quickly following behind you booming in your ears.

"Y/N you stop this instant!"

Please...

Just let me go to school...

I don't feel good...

I feel sick...

You knees buckle when you hit the bottom step and you fall against the expensive marble floor and feel your forehead, a small gasp emitting from your mothers throat.

"Oh my god!"

Carefully using the handrail you tug your body up and look at your mother with pleading eyes, your voice laced with desperation and sadness.

"M-Mother...please...c-can I stay home?..."

For a second you almost see a look of care flush your mother's face until your father walks into the room and she recovers her stiff form, her perfectly manicured nail pointing towards the door.

"I think it would be best if you just went to school dear, nothing here would be any better than there. At least your studying will keep going and you won't fall behind."

At this point you can only keep a straight face as your gaze lingers over your mother, your head only slightly nodding before you silently turn on your heels and stagger towards the door.

I shouldn't have even asked.

I should have known better than to disappoint myself like this.

Why am I surprised she said no?

Why did a part of me think she would actually let me stay home?

All those years of getting perfect attendance awards should have prepared me to know I would never miss school, even feeling like I'm on my deathbed.

Fighting to keep your eyes open you stagger down the stone stair steps and quickly allow your body to settle into the leather seats of the car, your forehead again laying against the cool window.