+ 28 +

"Your father and I will be waiting downstairs to see you out."

"No need. Get back to your more important matters Mother."

As you grab your clothing from your closet and begin shoving it into your backpack you wipe away a stray tear and look up into her eyes, your knees still shivering with fresh adrenaline.

"You really weren't going to let me go? Ever?"

"It isn't like we kept you trapped Y/N."

It...

That's exactly what you did to me...

"Where will you go."

"That's none of your concern anymore."

"Honestly Y/N come to your senses. Is a worthless child more important than the education your father and I are providing to you?"

As a small tear trickles down your cheek you once again press your hand against your stomach and look into your mothers eyes with a sad smile, your voice lowering to a pitiful whisper.

"My child isn't worthless...it's the only thing I've been given in this life that has made me want to go on."

Slipping the small red silk dress into your backpack you zip it shut and quietly walk past your mother's shocked form and try to keep a straight face taking your final steps out of your childhood room, your chest feeling like a lead weight it sitting in the bottom of your heart.

They're really going to let me go like this...

They aren't going to accept me or my child...

Why did I ever think they would?

They wouldn't even let me have a vegetable much less a baby.

I'm so stupid...

Biting the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from crying you don't spare your father a glance before unfolding your hand, a small sigh escaping into the silent room.

"I need a quarter to make a call."

Last chance...

This is the last chance where we can be a happy family...

Please....

Please don't do this to me...

The lead weight in your heart drops to your stomach and you hold your breath seeing your father's hand reach into his pocket and drop a single coin into your palm, his body turning away to walk back to his study where he spends all of his hours.

He really did it....

He really gave his daughter a single quarter.

All the hundreds of thousands invested into college....and I get a quarter to leave the house with.

Letting out a silent scoff you keep your head held high and spare your mother one more glance before opening the front door, your eyes sending her every thought you refuse to say.

Goodbye...Mother...

Stepping out onto the front porch you finally allow the ocean of tears collected on your eyelashes pour down your face and soak your cheeks, a small strangled sob escaping into the cool fall air.

Why am I so stupid?!

Why did I ever think she would allow me to stay?!

Why did I ever think I would be free!

Stomping down the stairs you wipe your eyes with your sleeve and begin your descent down the street with only your backpack weighing down your shoulders, the sun suddenly being pushed behind a wide array of puffy grey storm clouds.

Oh lovely.

As the rain begins dripping onto the concrete you escape into a pay phone booth and slide in the single quarter your father gave you, the dial tone giving you a slight sense of panic.

Come on...

"Hello?"

"M-Minnie..."

"What the- Y/N?! Is that you on a phone?!"

"Yeah...my...my parents found the bag you gave me with the dress in it..."

"Oh my god no way."

"And....the test was in the bag as well..."

"No way! Oh my god! Wait so..."

"She told me that I had to get rid of it and I told her no."

"Woah wait, you told your mom no?"

"She was going to make me get rid of my baby Minnie! And they were going to send me to Alaska after I finished college in two years! They...they were never going to let me go..."

"Oh....Alaska?"

"Yeah....they said after I finished college I would go to Alaska and continue my education then have some kind of private office there....can you believe that Minnie? I was never going to be free..."

"Oh my god...what psychos. So wait where are you right now?"

"Well they told me I wasn't welcome at home since I wanted to keep my baby...so I left and my father gave me a quarter before I left...I'm in a pay phone booth and you were the person I thought of to call..."

"Wait he gave you a quarter?! That's it?!"

"Yeah...I told him I needed a quarter to make a call so he gave me one then turned around and went back to his study..."

Recalling the earlier moments causes another lump to form in the bottom of your throat as you sniffle and hear Minnie sigh, her voice laced with pity and sadness.

"Minnie...can I...can I stay with you for a while?..."

"Oh my god...Y/N...ugh I wish. My parents are on my ass so hard right now...I'm like a month away from being able to move out on my own....I may have a big closet but I don't exactly have a big house...but the second I move out in a month you are the first person that's going to put a bag in the house."

"One month huh..."

"Yeah...I was going to move out sooner but my dad busted me drinking his expensive wine so he made me cough up the money. How was I supposed to know it was a thousand dollar bottle of rosè?!"

One month...

One month...

What will I do for an entire month?...

Sleep outside?

Or...I could...

"Hey Minnie."

"Yeah?"

Interrupting your best friends rambling about her father's constant money problems you clasp your lower lip between your teeth and feel your cheeks warm to a small blush, softly lowering your voice as the rain slams against the tiny glass building.

"Can...Can you give me Park Jimin's address?"

(A/N): I've been waitin for this one, turn it up