+ 23 +

"Good morning!"

Hopping down the staircase with your newfound set of wonderful emotions you look over at your mother who creases her eyebrows and gives you a silent smug look.

"Good morning dear. You seem awfully chipper this morning."

"A-Ah...um...I'm just...excited to go to school and take my test today...the better the grades the better the year right?"

I have to remember to act natural around mother and father.

I can't let them get curious about my actions.

"I guess so. Here is your lunch."

Shoving the paper bag in your direction you grip your fingers around the thick material and quickly make your way out the door while trying your hardest not to smile.

I almost thought it was a dream when I woke up...thankfully it's still true...I get to have a baby...

That means I get to pick out a name and everything!

I'll finally be able to eat real food because once I have a baby they'll have to have healthy food like veggies...and I'll be able to eat it too...no more bland rice...

Then instead of moving out after college by myself..I'll be able to move out with a baby that will care for me so much...and Minnie can be the Aunt!

This is so wonderful...I'm going to have someone that loves me unconditionally...I'll be able to shower them with so much love that I never got...and I'll have enough money to support the baby because I'm going to get a great job after college!

Sliding into the passenger seat of the car you hold your backpack against your stomach and feel the warmth of the sun radiating onto your skin, your lips finally able to stretch into a small grin.

Mother will warm up to the idea once the baby is closer to being here...she may not love me very much...but maybe she'll love this baby more than me and shower it with lots of love and affection...

And maybe...just maybe...I'll get some of it too...

............................

"SAY WHAT?!"

You lightly jump when Minnie begins choking on her energy drink and looks at you with wide eyes, her face not displaying the excitement you thought it would.

"I...it was positive..."

"Oh my god...okay wait a second I mean I had a tiny bit of a suspicion but I didn't think it would actually be true!"

"Shhh! Keep your voice down!"

"Right right. Okay so wait...it's hidden right?"

"Yeah...I hid it..."

"Okay...okay maybe we can deal with this now before anything gets super serious-"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well...aren't you gonna...like...get rid of it?"

"What?! No! I...I don't want to.."

"Y/N-"

Minnie cuts herself off and lowers her voice down to a whisper as she leans forward and looks at you with a stern gaze, her eyes making you shift uncomfortably.

"You can't just keep a random baby that you got pregnant with by Park Jimin. What are you going to do when your mom finds out?"

"Well...I'll tell her whenever I get a little bit bigger...I'm sure she'll accept the child until I can graduate from college..."

"Y/N you can't even have vegetables much less a child. Your only option is to-"

"I'm not doing that Minnie."

Giving your best friend a hardened expression you watch her sigh and rake her fingers through her long silky black hair as she lets out an exasperated sigh.

"I...I can't believe this is happening. We have to tell Jimin-"

"No. I don't want him to know about it."

"What? Why not?"

"Because he...he likes to be with many girls..."

Allowing your eyes to travel over to Jimin's table where him and his friend laugh and talk amongst themselves while surrounded with girls cooing over his perfect looks, a small bloom of warmth growing in your chest.

At least he's doing well...

"Just because he likes being with other girls doesn't mean he shouldn't have to take responsibility for what he's done."

"But Minnie don't you see? He's given me the perfect thing...I've always been so hopeless...so loveless in my life but now I'll have a baby that's going to love me forever...I can dress it in pretty clothes and feel my belly getting bigger and bigger...I...I don't need him..."

"Oh...Y/N..."

Your feelings get slightly hurt when you see the pitiful look your best friend gives you as she lets out another sigh and folds her arms against her chest.

"What about our plan? What about the parties and pretty dresses we were going to wear?"

I...I didn't think of that...

"Well...I guess I'll be a mom though...you can come over and help me dress up my baby! Imagine if it's a girl, we can get all kinds of things for her."

"Y/N....what about when people find out at school? Huh? You're going to be tortured."

"Well...I...I have you though...and they can say whatever they want about me...they've been doing it for years."

"I mean...I'm happy you're so positive about this...I definitely wouldn't be."

"Why not?...its a baby....they have so much love to give?..."

"Because I don't wanna waste my time taking care of some stinky baby. However if you're dead set on having this thing then of course I'll do everything to help you out."

Feeling slightly conflicted over Minnie's words you pull out your bowl of plain rice while resting your face onto your hand propped up by your elbow, a small sigh escaping your lips.

So...she doesn't like babies...

"First though we need to get you eating some better food other than the shit your devil of a mom gives you. I'll go get you a lunch tray."

"R-really?"

"Hell yeah. My dad just pays the credit card bill and doesn't even look at how much it is. I'll be back."

Your happiness is very quickly restored when you see your best friend head up to the lunch counter with every guy looking at her as she passes by.

Ah...

I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful best friend...

With Minnie by my side...

Me and my baby will have a happy future!

(A/N): 🤰🏼