+ 4 +

"You. Look. Hot."

"Minnie..."

"No really Y/N! Look at you! If I was a guy, I'd hit that."

With flushed red cheeks you turn and look at your reflection in Minnie's full length mirror, admiring the red silk scrunched dress clinging to your every curve and bend of your body as you turn to the side and look at the rouge material clinging to the bend in your spine.

"I....I like this dress Minnie..."

"Girl...honestly this is the best you've ever looked! Just look at this! I can't stop staring!"

Turning and smiling wide as your friend you try to tug the material down until Minnie walks over and swats your hands away, a frown pulling down her perfect plump lips.

"Nuh uh. Don't feel self conscious. This is the one time you'll be able to feel hot, and you can go to this party KNOWING you're hot. I even have some red silky heels to match that dress let me go get them."

"Heels?"

"Y/N where did your rebellious streak go? Remember you used to come over all the time and try on my heels with me!"

"I...it's just been a while...."

Looking into the mirror again you wait until Minnie comes out of her gigantic closet with a pair of chunky red silk heels, her eyes gazing at you with a warm look of pity.

"I...I know...and I'm sorry. This night of different though, you're finally an adult and it's time you start acting and dressing like one."

As you watch Minnie tying the silk ribbons up your legs she stops for a second to look up at you, her hand patting your calf.

"Have you thought about.."

"Minnie I can't. I need to stay with them long enough to where they pay for my college. I only have two years left and if I really stay with this...then before I know it I'll be free."

"But is the college really worth it? Y/N...what about after college hmm? Are they going to pick where you work? Where you live?"

"I...I don't want to think about that."

I know Minnie is right...even if I graduate with honors they'll still find somewhere else to put me so they can control me...I just have to hope I can make it out before they realize it...

"Alright alright sorry for being a killjoy, let's see if you can even walk in these crazy things."

Carefully standing up from Minnie's vanity chair you do your best stride across her carpeted floor and try not to let your ankles buckle under the pressure of the ridiculous heels tied onto your feet.

"Dayum girl who is she?! Where is Y/N?! Alright sit down I need to do your hair and makeup then I need to get ready, we're already pressed for time from trying on outfits!"

Sitting yourself back down in the vanity chair you look up at your best friend with glittering eyes when she leans down and begins putting makeup on your face, her eyes shifting down to meet your loving gaze.

"Thank you Minnie....for all of this..."

"It's the least I could do for my rapunzel best friend. Trapped in her parents million dollar mansion wearing nothing but long skirts and turtle necks."

"Hey!....you're right."

"I know I am now lay your head back so I can make you look sexy."

"That isn't the point of going to this party Minnie."