Chapter 29: Midas' Secrets

I couldn't quit thinking about that door and flight of stairs. I could ask Midas, but how would I explain me knowing about the door. I can't just say I was looking for him. Well, I could, I would just tell him the truth.

"Midas where were you?" I asked.
"Oh, I was in my room"
"I looked in there and saw your bookshelf pulled out. There was a door behind it. Where does the door go?" I asked.
"O-oh it leads to the basement of the Agency"
"Why do you need a special hidden door to the Agency when the stairs in the hallway lead to the basement. Is that door part if your master plan?"
"It- well. Yes that door leads to stairs and to a separate room which is where my master plan is happening."
"What is your master plan? You started telling me, but never finished because we were interrupted by Shadow Midas. Actually, where is Shadow Midas?"
"He was locked away in the Shark"
"Oh. What's your master plan?"
"It's a plan to change the world as we know it. So far there isn't much on it, but we are working on it. I can't say much because we aren't sure about many aspects of it" Midas answered.
"Oh. Well I'm gonna go hang out with the girls in the lounge." I said as I left the room.

I felt like he wasnt telling me everything and was hiding some of it from me.

Once I got to the lounge room I went over to all the girls.

"I need your guys help. I found a secret door in Midas' room and I asked him about it but I feel like he didn't fully tell me about it. I need you guys to hang out in the hallway and let me know when he's coming if he is" I explained to them.
"What if you get caught?" TNTina asked.
"Not sure, but let's hope that doesn't happen. Now will you guys help me?" I asked as they all nodded.

We all walked to Midas' room. They helped me pull the bookshelf from the wall and I went in the door as they went to the hall. I closed the door behind me and went down the dimly lit stairs. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw a dome above me with water. I was underwater. I looked around and in the middle fo the room was a machine. I went over to the wall to see a desk with papers on it. I could tell it was Midas' considering it had the same chair and design as his other desks.

"Y/n he just went in the door!" Skye warned me through my earpiece.

I turned around and heard his footsteps. I quickly looked around to see a hallway. I ran down the hallway, close enough to where I could hear him, but far enough to where he couldn't see me.

He sat down at the desk and grabbed his phone. He dialed a number and held the phone to his ear. He talked on the phone for almost 30 minutes. He talked about needing more supplies for 'Project Doomsday'. I was overly confused. I stood as still as I could and was as quiet as I could be until I sneezed.

Midas shot up from his desk and grabbed one of his pistols. He started walking my direction when I decided to run. I ran down the curved hallway into another room that looked the exact same just no desk and no exit. I kept running and went through two more rooms that were the exact same. I finally made it back to the original room. I heard Midas' footsteps behind me. My brain told me to stay and ask him about everything but my gut said to run. I decided to run because I was scared that he would be mad. I only got halfway up the stairs when Midas was back in the original room. I froze and turned around. I saw him look up at the stairs. He stared directly at me, we made eye contact. He immediately looked paler than usual.

"Y/n? What are you doing down here?"
"I- I felt like you were hiding something from me and now I know what you were hiding!" I yelled as I went up the stairs and left into his bedroom.

As I walked to the door I felt someone grab my wrist.  I turned around to see Midas holding my wrist.

"What?!?" I yelled.
"The only reason I didn't tell you everything is because I didn't want you to see me as crazy!" He yelled back.

I stood there shocked. I looked at him and both of our expressions softened.

"I'm sorry" I said hugging him.
"I'm sorry too" he said hugging me back.

We walked out of the room and went to his office. He started typing on his computer and then his printer started printing something.

"Could you grab those, love?" He asked not taking his eyes off of his computer.
"Yeah" I said standing up and grabbing them.

I looked at the papers and saw my name on one, so I started reading them.

Dear y/n,
The first day of work and I can't take my mind off of you.

The second one said,

Dear y/n,
Second day and I think I love you. I can't because I am your boss.

I kept reading through them and realised that he had written a tiny letter to me everyday since the first day I worked here. I walked over to Midas and kissed him.

"Did you get the papers?" He asked.
"Yep" I replied handing him the papers.

His face immediately went extremely red from embarrassment.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.
"I- I printed the wrong papers, you weren't supposed to see those" he stuttered.
"Why, they're so sweet?" I said giggling.
"Because they....I don't know"
"Well they are so sweet so don't be embarrassed" I said kissing him again.

He then printed the correct ones and I grabbed those for him. 

A/n
My cousin who showed me the video drew me a picture of midas and I love it!! LaRenaTurner8 is her account!!

Here's the drawing!!