Chapter 95: Flare

A/N
The edit at the top is of me ;-; Face reveal!! Also, the picture is Flare for those of you who don't know what he looks like.

Maven's POV
I carried the dishes towards the kitchen when I heard a loud bang. I dropped the dishes causing them to shatter on the floor. I ran outside to see the couple laying on the floor in a puddle of blood. I gasped and brought my hands to my mouth with shock.

"Somebody call the ambulance!" Someone yelled.
"That's the leader of Ghost!" Shouted another.
"No" I stated.
"What!?" The first person replied.
"No, they need to go to the Agency" I claimed as I went to pick the female up.
"Bring them to the hospital, if they need to be at the Agency they will be transferred" said the second person.
"Fine" I replied as I picked the girl up.

A young gentlemen picked the guy up enough to cover his wound. I searched the girl to see she had been shot right below her right ribs. I took my apron off and held it against her wound to slow the bleeding. The young man took his shirt off to show his very muscular body. He had teal glowing tattoos all over his body that matched his hair. He looked at me and we made quick eye contact before going back to the injured couple. His eyes were even glowing a teal color.

I picked the woman up while holding the apron against her side and carried her through the restaurant. I carried her out through the front door and waited for the ambulance to arrive. The guy did the same and waited next to me.

"May I ask your name?" I asked.
"Flare, you?"
"Maven"
"Maven..." he repeated.
"So, that's a lot of tattoos. Did they hurt?" I asked.
"Actually no they didn't hurt at all, I was born with them. That's why they match my hair and eyes" he responded.
"Interesting" I commented.
"I guess you could say that"
"What do you mean?"
"Well I'm not from around here"
"Me neither, I'm from Misty Meadows"
"No, I mean I'm not from this planet. I'm from a planet called Smertan. I'm not human, I'm a smertonion" he explained as he made eye contact with me.
"Oh..." I said as I looked down at the ground trying to process everything I was just told, this very attractive man was an alien.
"I'm not an alien silly" he chuckled.
"Did you just-"
"Yes I did. I can hear people's thoughts if I want to. I can also take the life out of anything I touch"

I just stood there looking at him with a small amount of fear.

"By command!" He quickly added.
"Oh okay" I nervously chuckled.
"I won't hurt you" he almost whispered, pain lacing his eyes.
"I know, I trust you" I replied as the ambulance came drowning out what I said.

I ran down the stairs to the side of the road as the EMT's got out of the ambulance and opened the doors for us. We carried the couple into the ambulance and placed them on the stretchers. The EMT's hopped back in and started driving off.

"To the agency" I stated.
"What?" Asked the driver.
"To the agency, they work there. In fact, he is the leader of Ghost"
"Got it"

The driver swerved a little and we were off towards the Agency. When we got to the shores edge we all hopped out and onto a nearby boat. We drove them across the water and to the door of the Agency.

The henchmen held there guns pointe dat us until they spotted the EMT's and saw the couple. They ran over to us and took the stretchers from us carrying the two into the Agency.

"Stay here" ordered a henchman, I just nodded in response.
"I hope they make it" I stated as I turned around to face the others.

The EMT's were gone leaving Flare and I alone standing in front of the Agency. I spotted a bench and decided to go sit down.

"You just gonna stand there?" I asked.
"Oh, uhh no" he replied before walking over and sitting next to me in the bench.
"So Misty Meadows, what's it like?"
"It's really peaceful and not much happens. It's also a beautiful place located next to the lake" I replied.
"I'll have to visit someday, it sounds very nice"
"I could show you around there if you'd like" I suggested as I looked up at him.
"That sounds nice" he nodded with a smile.

I just smiled back before looking off at the water. Off in the distance clouds started to form, purple ones; it was the storm.

"Flare" I said as I quickly stood.
"Yeah?" He asked as he also stood up.
"The storm, we need to get inside now" I stated as I grabbed his hand and ran into the Agency.

The henchmen started closing the doors up and covering the windows. One henchman came over and stayed next to Flare and I with a gun pointed towards us. I stepped closer towards Flare and I could tell he noticed how scared I was.

"Hey Maven, I'm here you'll be okay" he smiled.
"Yeah...thanks" I blushed.

He just smiled and wrapped an arm around me to comfort me.

Maven, don't worry I'll keep you safe.

What was that? Did he just speak to me with thoughts? I looked up at him to see him smile and wink. So not only can he hear my thoughts but he can talk to me through our thoughts.

Exactly.
Now I have to be careful about what I think about.
Yeah, that might be a good idea.
So if I think about what something looks like can you see it?
Yep.
Scary.
Tell me about it.
What's that supposed to mean?
I've seen what my grandpa looks like when...you know....
Oh that's terrible.
Mhm.

"Okay you two right this way!" Yelled a henchman.

We listened and followed him down a hallway and into a room. The room had couches along with a kitchen area and a tv.

"Make yourself at home" he nodded before leaving.
"They went from holding a gun towards us to telling us to get comfortable"
"Strange" he agreed.

I shrugged and walked over to the couches. He came and sat right next to me, placing an arm behind me. He grabbed the remote and turned the tv on.

"What should we watch?" He asked.
"Hunter x Hunter" I smiled.
"Wait, you watch anime?" He grinned.
"Of course!"
"That's my favorite anime too"
"Mine too!"

We just smiled as he turned Hunter x Hunter on and we began watching. I snuggled up to him and he brought his arm down and around me.

I heard the door open to see a group of strange individuals. There were three girls who looked normal, a larger man, a banana and a cat man. They came in and looked at us weird before the cat man approached us.

"Who are you two and why are you here?"
"I'm Maven and this is Flare, we brought in your boss along with his wife. They were both shot when they were out for breakfast" I replied.
"Oh you are our guests they were talking about"
"They?" Flare asked.
"The henchmen"
"Ah"
"We'll get comfortable it'll be a while before the storm passes" said the girl wearing a BOOM! shirt as she hopped over the back of the couch and plopped down next to me.
"I'll get the snacks" stated the younger looking girl as she ran over to the kitchen area.

A/N
Hey look it's not late at night or published late that's new. Anyways this is a little bit longer chapter and I hope you guys like it. I love every single one of you amazing people!

Your bestie
~Whalez