Chapter 78: Surgery Will Fix It

A/n
So the song just kinda sets the mood for this chapter. It's just there to listen to either while you read or at any point. Also, that song makes me want to cry, anyone else?

Midas' POV
He took a deep breath before he began.

"So good and bad news, which do you want first?" He asked.
"Good news please" I replied nervously.
"Y/n will be okay after this, she only needs a few hours of rest" he nodded.
"And the bad news?" I asked.
"The baby won't make it" he quietly replied.

I closed my eyes and nodded. I looked towards the floor. My heart crumbling into pieces. I tried to hold myself together, but I started losing it. I stood up causing the chair to fall backwards. I ran out of the room slamming the door behind me.

I started to run down the hallway. I heard footsteps following me. I didn't stop to see who it was. I ran down the stairs. I was now in the main lobby and running to the back door. I ran outside and went to the helipad. I stopped and hesitated on whether or not I should leave.

I was then tackled to the ground. I fell forward and my face hit the grass. I struggled but still tried to get up. I could feel the fur and knew it was Meow.

"GET OFF OF ME MEOWSCLES!" I yelled.
"M, no. I'm not sure what happened, but I know if you're trying to leave then it's important. I also know that y/n is still laying up there unconscious and she needs you" he exclaimed still holding me down to the ground.

I let out a heavy sigh. I hadn't even realised that I had tears flowing out of my eyes. Meow got up and reached his hand out. I grabbed it and he helped me up. He then embraced me in a hug and I hugged back.

After we let go I quickly wiped away my tears. I looked at him and nodded and he nodded back. We turned and went back into the Agency. We headed up the stairs and went into the medical room. 

Y/n was still resting on the bed. Skye was sitting in the chair I was sitting in earlier. She looked over at us and stood up. She looked and me and gestured for me to sit. I nodded as a 'thank you' before sitting down. Her and Meow left the room as I sat there waiting for y/n to wake up.

*time skip*
Y/n POV
I woke up feeling a weight on my thigh. I looked down to see Midas resting his head on my thigh. In fact, he had fallen asleep. I brought my hand to his head and began playing with his soft hair.

He slowly began to wake up. Once he was awake and saw me he smiled. His smile slowly faded though and he looked at the nurse. The nurse nodded and he grabbed my hand. He held it tight with both of his hands.

I looked at him scared and then to the nurse. The nurse took a deep breath and told me everything. By the time he had finished I was crying my eyes out. I sat up more and Midas hugged me.

He kept trying to comfort me, but our child had died. I couldn't quit thinking about how we had created life just for it to be taken away. Why has our child died? Was it my fault? Am I unable to healthily have children?

"The fetus has injuries as if being hit, well crushed" the nurse stated.

My eyes widened, my heart sank and my jaw dropped. This was all Drifts fault. He is the one who killed our baby. Good thing he's dead because if he weren't now, he would be soon.

I nodded slowly and sadly before looking at Midas. I sighed and just looked down towards my lap. I felt tears still running down my cheeks. I looked up when I felt Midas' hand on my cheek. I tried to smile at him but couldn't.

"Is it okay for me to go?" I asked.
"No actually you need to go into surgery to take the baby out" he stated.

I was scared to say the least. Surgery to take a child out of me, can't say that doesn't sound scary. I looked at Midas and he looked nervous as well. I looked back at the nurse, sighed while nodding.

"Okay, Midas I will need you to wait outside until the surgery is over" the nurse stated.
"Okay, I love you y/n" Midas said to me.
"I love you too" I replied.

Midas stood up and left the room. The nurse looked at me and nodded. He walked over to his computer and  began typing. I just laid there on the bed growing more nervous by the second.

The nurse eventually got up and injected something into my arm. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I started to grow tired and my eyes slowly got heavier. It was difficult to stay awake so I just looked over at the nurse. He nodded and I nodded back. I then slowly fell asleep.

*time skip*
Midas' POV
It's been 3 hours and the surgery still isn't over. I was scared that something may have happened. Maybe something went wrong, is y/n not going to make it. I can't lose her as well, I'd have nothing if she died.

I saw Meow and Skye coming back with lunch. Meow handed me a sandwhich and I thanked him. Meow sat next to me and Skye sat on the other side of him. We all began eating in silence just waiting for her surgery to be over.

I loved her so dearly. I couldn't even imagine life without her. She has always brought happiness and joy to the Agency, to everyone. She was always so caring. She loved everyone and always tried to make sure they were happy.

Skye hasn't ever had a friend as nice as y/n. She is so caring, y/n is like the sister she has never had. If she lost y/n I couldn't imagine how much she would be broken.

A/N
Sooo there's that. I hope you guys like it, even though I know you weren't expecting a miscarriage. It will get better and interesting. Love you all, but Midas loves you more!