Chapter 91: Problem Solved

"...you can't have both of us, you have to chose one..."

The phrase kept playing over and over in my head. He's right I can't have both of them, I have to chose one. I mean Xavier did leave me and just came back expecting me to be open and ready for him. Yes, I may have promised him that we would be together forever but we were just teenagers, how did we know anything? 

"Y/n?" Midas asked, now concerned that I was going to chose Xavier. 

"Yeah, I- I'm sorry..." I trailed off.

"Sorry to who?" Xavier asked.

I slowly looked up at him, "you"

"What?!" Xavier almost shouted.

"I said you, Xavier. You can't just come back into my life expecting me to just go back to you. You have to remember that you're the one who just left without any word. Now you can either accept that I am choosing Midas or you can leave. Either works for me, but now you're the one choosing." I said raising my voice the more I spoke. 

"Oh..." Xavier sighed.

"She's right Xavier, you choose to deal with this or leave" Midas stated as he wrapped his arm around my waist. 

Xavier just stood there hurt while looking at us. He knew I was right as well, he just didn't want to accept the fact that he messed up a long time ago and now he lost the love of his life because of it. He sighed and looked down at the floor before he said anything. 

"I accept it" he mumbled.

"Good, now leave and get to bed" Midas demanded.

"Fine, I'll see you guys tomorrow morning" Xavier mumbled.

"Actually you're going to be at Steamy Stacks looking for Shadow Tina and Shadow Skye by 6:00am" Midas stated.

Xavier just groaned before walking away to his room. I sighed and hugged Midas before I began crying. Midas just hugged me back and started rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry Midas, I just didn't know what to do. What Xavier and I had 10 years ago is what we have now. I just...I just didn't know" I tried to say through my quiet sobs. 

"It's okay, I've been in the same position before. It's hard to get over something great for something else that's just as great" He sighed.

"Wait, really?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah, it hurts a lot, but it'll get better. Trust me" He smiled. "We should probably get to bed since it is late" 

"Yeah, I'm really tired especially after the day I've had" 

"Yep, time for bed" he stated as he picked me up and carried me over his shoulder causing me to squeal from surprise. 

Midas carried me to his room and tossed me down on his bed. I stood up and poked his chest before walking to his closet. He just stood there looking at me smiling before following me. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I took my clothes off and changed into the sweatpants and t-shirt. Midas just stood there watching me.

"What? Am I that entertaining?" I chuckled.

"Huh? Oh, uhh..." Midas stuttered as he quickly looked away and started getting clothes for him to sleep in. 

I walked out of the closet and walked over to his bedroom door. I left his room and headed to the lounge room. When I got in the lounge room I walked over to the cabinets and opened the top one to see the many bottles of alcohol that the Agency had. I grabbed the bottle of whiskey and a glass. I poured myself a glass and set the bottle down on the counter. I turned around and leaned against the counter as I started drinking the alcohol. I downed the glass and poured myself another, and the another. Before I knew it I was drinking my 5th glass and everything was blurry. I think I saw the door open but I couldn't tell. It was only a few seconds later when I heard multiple voices. I hear Meow, Skye, Bomb, Tina, and Tek. They were in the lounge room earlier, I think. I guess they didn't see me walk in. 

"Y/n what happened? Why are you drinking?" Tina asked concerned. 

"Oh I just needed a little bit to drink, silly. I'm fine" I slurred.

"Y/n you're not okay, you're drunk so something had to have happened" Skye stated.

"I'm not drunk, you're funny. I'm completely sorbal" 

"Sorbal?" Tek asked.

"Yeah, sober and normal, sorbal" 

"I'm going to go get Midas, he will know what to do" Skye said as she left the lounge room.

"Hey Y/n why don't you come over and sit with us" Meow suggested.

"Okay" I replied as I set my glass down and grabbed the bottle. 

"You don't need this" Bomb said as she tried to grab the bottle from me"

I pulled the bottle closer to me and took a big gulp of it before she pulled it out of my grip. I sighed before walking over to the couches and sitting down. Skye came in with Midas and Midas came over and sat next to me. I looked at him and smiled. 

"We should all party" I slurred out. 

"Not tonight-"

"Yes, right nowwwwwww" I interrupted Midas.

"Y/n, now isn't a good time for that" He stated.

"Fine" I huffed as I crossed my arms and looked away from him.

"Oh my, you're something else when you're drunk darling" Midas chuckled.

I acted like I ignored him by not acknowledging him. I then got an idea and decided to go with it. I sat up and leaned in close to his ear. 

"I want you to touch that little dangly thing that swing in the back of my throat" I whispered down his neck.

I leaned back onto the couch and saw that Midas was blushing a very deep red. His eyes were widened and he just looked at me. The others looked at us confused as I just sat there like nothing had happened. Midas stood up and snatched me up off of the couch. He carried me to his room and tossed me down on his bed. 

"Darling, you shouldn't have said that" he smirked. 

A/N

I'm so so so sorry I am a day late hafhflkjghskjdfhdbfjkshfba ummmmm love y'all and hope you like the chapter!