Chapter 44: Last Night...

I woke up to see Midas laying on my floor. He smelled so much like alcohol. I got up out of bed and tried to walk around him to my bathroom. I felt something grab my ankle causing me to trip and fall. I fell flat on my butt with a thud.

"Ow!" I yelled.
"Oh I'm so sorry darling I didn't mean to trip you!" Midas said quickly sitting up to help me.
"Where in the world were you last night!?" I yelled at Midas.
"I was at the yacht with the girls"
"Why?"
"Because we were talking about your bachelorette party"
"Really? Then why do you smell like a bar?" I asked him still a little mad.
"We all had a few drinks, not a big deal love" he said coming to give me a hug.

I scooted away from him and he looked hurt. I felt bad, but he smelled worse.

"Go take a shower" I told him.
"Okay" he said.

He went into my bathroom and took a shower while I got ready for the day. I was finished getting ready before he had gotten out of the shower.

I left my room as he got out of the shower. I headed to Skyes room to talk to her. She was the only one who didn't drink, she was old enough, she just decided not to. Therefore, I knew she would remember everything.

I got to Skye's bedroom door and knocked. She opened the door slowly until she saw me. She grabbed me and pulled me into her room locking the door behind me.

"Woah, what's wrong?" I asked.
"Last night that's what's wrong" she replied.
"Wait, what happened?"
"We were all at the yacht talking about your bachelorette party and Midas got really drunk, like super drunk. He kept talking about you and getting sad that you weren't there. I told him he didn't have to be there, but he insisted he did. Then, when you called him he threw his phone into the water and began getting really mad. His arms became gold until he calmed down and began to cry. He was a giant mess last night. I asked him why he was so upset and he said he lied to you and felt really bad and that he has secrets from you. I tried to get him to tell me, but he wouldn't" Skye explained.
"Oh my, he said you all talked about my bachelorette party and everyone had a few drinks"
"He left out most of what happened then"

I felt a little betrayed and a little mad at the same time. I left Skyes room to go back to mine. I could hear Midas saying my name. I swung the door open and looked at him with a somewhat mad face.

"What's wrong d-"
"You know what's wrong!"
"I'm sorry I-"
"Skye told me what happened last night"
"I already told y-"
"And you left some of it out!"
"Please quit interrupting me y/n"
"Sorry, but what happened last night!? You left without saying anything, you didn't answer my call, then I wake up to you smelling like alcohol on my bedroom floor"

Midas then explained to me the same thing that Skye had explained earlier.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you the first time you asked. I just..." Midas trailed off.
"Skye told me that you said you lied to me and were keeping secrets, could you maybe explain what that's all about?"
"My master plan is called the doomsday device, I may not have it go off, I'm not completely sure"
"Go off?"
"That's the thing, I'm not completely sure yet as to what it's going to do. The lie I had told you was that it wasn't important. It's actually very important but I haven't done anything with it recently so I may just quit with the project" he explained.
"Oh"

He smiled at me and finished getting ready for the day. I waited for him to finish before heading to the lounge room.

When we got into the lounge room I saw all the girls look at Midas and I with sad expressions. I walked over to them while Midas made his coffee.

"What was that for?" I asked them.
"Midas last night at the yacht, he was a mess. He felt so bad not telling you where he went and why. He felt so bad he even threw his phone overboard when you called" TNTina explained.
"Yeah, Skye told me everything"

Midas then came over and sat next to me. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me away from the girls and closer to him. I glared at him and he smiled an adorable smile. I just chuckled and kept talking to the girls.

"So how is Meow?" I asked Skye.
"He was worried about me last night, but he's fine now" she explained.
"I have to go, someone can't seem to leave the room without me right now" I whispered to them while gesturing to Midas.

They all nodded and started talking amongst themselves. I stood up and walked with Midas to his office. He sat in his chair while I sat in mine.

After a few minutes I got up to leave but before I could reach the door Midas pinned me against the wall. His body against mine therefore no existing space between us.

"Where do you think you're going?" Midas whispered.
"To my room to get Diamond"
"Is that it?"
"Yes" I said a little annoyed.
"Okay then" he said kissing me.

We kept kissing for a while until Midas started to kiss down to my neck.

"Midas, h-hey not right now pl-please"
"Why not?"
"One this is your office, two you have work to do" I said as I left the room going to my room.

I got to my room and saw Diamond playing on her cat tree. I walked over to her and picked her up. She had gotten a lot bigger. I grabbed a few of her toys and walked back to Midas' office.

I stood outside the door silently when I heard him talking.

"Meow, I think she's really mad at me"
"She asked about you last night worried"
"I know, I messed up. I didn't tell her where I was going or what I was doing. I just left with the girls to the yacht. She could've thought I was cheating!" He started raising his voice.
"Calm down M, it'll be alright. I doubt she's mad. She's probably just confused as to why you didn't say anything" Meow said.
"Okay, you can go n-" Midas stopped when I opened the door.
"I'm not mad at you Midas, Meow is right. I'm just confused as to why you didn't tell me anything" I said when I walked in.
"How much did you just hear?" Meow asked.
"Enough" I replied as Meow shrugged and left the room.
"I'm sorry y/n, I really am" he told me as he put his elbows on his desk and ran his fingers through his hair.

He sat there holding his head up with his hands. He looked at the floor before I saw a tear fall to his lap. I set Diamond down on his desk and grabbed Midas' wrists. He looked at me with watery eyes.

I sat down on his lap facing him and began kissing him.