Chapter 89: Talking About the Past

I ran to the dock and hopped into the boat. I started the engine and drove off towards Sweaty Sands. The radio was on and was playing Rain on Me, I decided to sing to it the whole way there. As I neared Sweaty Sands I slowed down and pulled my pone out. I called Xavier again.

"Hey, which island are you on?" I asked.

"The one that had my parents plane crash" he replied. 

"Okay" I said as I hung up.

I put my phone away and drove to the island that had a plane crash on it about 10 years ago. I'm guessing that's the plane that had his parents on it. As I neared the island I could hear music playing along with an extra voice singing. I boat up onto the beach a little bit so it wouldn't float away. I turned the boat off, hopped out and grabbed my phone. I turned and walked up the small hill to see Xavier laying on his back in the grass. He had his legs crossed, his hands intertwined with each other on his chest, and his eyes closed as he sang to the music. The song playing was Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin. (at top)

I walked over to him and sat down on the grass next to him. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled as he saw me. He sat up and turned his head to look at me. He sighed and just looked out at the water and continued singing. I looked out over the water and just listened to Xavier sing. He had a really nice and calming voice. The sun then began setting and we just watched it as Xavier continued singing. It started to get cold since the sun had set. I shivered a little bit, but I was fine. 

"Hey, so I came here to talk about our childhood" I started.

"Do you even remember me?" he asked.

"Yes, I just don't remember everything we did and all the details but, I do remember the majority of it all" I replied.

"At least you remember most. Hey, is that the necklace I gave you?" He asked.

"Yeah, when we were 15" I smiled.

"We used to play pool together every single weekend. I'd win most of the time unless I let you win." He winked.

I just giggled and smiled at the ground.

"I miss those days, Y/n. We were the craziest and closest friends. I even begged my parents to let you come on their tour with me" He chuckled.

"Oh yeah, we snuck into one of the back rooms and..." I stopped myself as I blushed.

"Almost lost our virginity..." He finished.

"Yeah, we were only 16 too" 

"Yeah"

There was an awkward silence setting. We just sat next to one another, under the stars, staring at the grass. Eventually Xavier broke the awkward silence. 

"We should probably get back to The Agency before Midas decided to chop my head off" Xavier sighed.

"He'll be okay, he knows I'm with you to talk about our childhood" I explained.

"Okay, as long as he isn't planning a murder" Xavier chuckled.

"You'll be fine, if all else fails I'll talk to him about it" I reassured him.

I shivered again but this time Xavier noticed. 

"Here, take this" He said as he took his jacket off and placed it around me.

"Now you're gonna get cold" 

"I'm used to the cold. I've gone through years of winters without anything to warm myself" He stated.

"Oh yeah" I sighed.

I yawned and realized how tired I was. I leaned my head over and rested it on Xavier's shoulder. He rapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I just got comfortable and relaxed against Xavier. We sat there for a while before I decided to check the time. It was 11:48pm, great we were so dead, especially Xavier.

"Hey it's 11:48pm we might wanna get ready to go back home" I stated. 

"Yeah, we should I just don't want to" Xavier agreed.

"I don't want to either but we need to" I sighed. 

"Why don't we wait until midnight before we started heading back, going back now isn't any better then in 12 minutes" he stated.

"True" I agreed.

I lifted my head and we just sat with our shoulders and sides touching. I was still in Xavier's arm but, I wasn't complaining, he was warm and I was cold. More soft music kept playing as we sat there in a comfortable silence. A certain song came on, but Xavier quickly skipped it before I was able to tell what it was. I just brushed over it and decided not to worry about it. He lifted his arm and moved to where he was partially facing me and partially facing the water. He stared at the grass before looking up at me, I looked a him and we made direct eye contact. We were very close to one another, closer than I had even realized. Any closer I would've been able to feel his breath. He glanced down at my lips and I then got the urge to kiss him. Why? I can't, I'm married to the love of my life. This is my childhood best friend he can't just show back up and take over my life like this. Yet, why do I feel the urge to kiss him. The urge to maybe even do more, it's not right, it would be cheating. I'm not a cheater, or am I? Just me thinking like this could be considered cheating. What if I just kissed him once and that was it? Midas doesn't have to know, right? 

I sighed and looked back at Xavier's beautiful and sparkling hazel eyes. They sparkled perfectly in the moonlight. His skin glowed perfectly under the dim yet vibrant moon light. His lips were plump and looked very soft. Before I could decide not to kiss him, he leaned in and kissed me. I didn't pull away, but instead kissed back. It seemed like a simple kiss at first, but then escalated into a french kiss that lasted. We pulled away when we finally needed air. We sat there looking at one another shocked as to what we just did.

A/N 

Sorry for never updating, school has taken over...

Anyways I've seen lots of good guesses on last chapter as to who Xavier is. It will be revealed in chapter 90 hopefully hehe... anyways until then! Byeee!! <3