Chapter 61: Honeymoon with a Glowing Lake

Midas and I woke up almost at the exact same time. I looked over at the clock which read 7am. I looked back at Midas to see him lightly smiling.

"We should get ready for the day" I told him.
"Or we can snuggle" he replied pulling me closer to him and hugging me.
"Its 7" I told him.
"Okay, we can start at 8" he replied.
"Okay" I said snuggling up to him.

We snuggled for the hour and got up once it was 8. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and began making my coffee as Midas took his shower. I then made his coffee and brought it to him once he had finished his shower.

We began getting ready for the day. He finished before me and watched me as I finished putting my hair up. Once I finished I turned to him and smiled.

We sat down at the table and finished our coffees together. Once we finished I took our mugs and set them in the sink.

"Okay, let's go" I said as I turned around to face Midas.
"Alright, then let's go" he replied standing up.

He held his arm out for me which I then took into my arm. We walked downstairs and went outside. Midas locked the door and we began towards Misty Meadows.

When we got there we decided we would just go shopping for today. We began at Cap'n Carp. We looked around, but didn't see anything that we were interested in.

We then left Cap'n Carp and went across the bridge. We stopped midway across the bridge and watched the waterfall in the distance.

We stood there watching the waterfall and talked for probably about 10 minutes. I was so peaceful and relaxing. 

We eventually decided to continue shopping. Most places were food places so we didn't spend much time in them. We eventually made it to Mcguffins Bookstore.

"It's just like the one I used to work at in Retail Row" I stated.
"Yeah, I've been here once and I prefer the one in Retail. At least I did, ever since you quit working there it just doesn't seem the same" he explained.
"Wait, did you like me then?" I asked.
"Y/n I've liked you ever since I first saw you, I just never wanted to love someone after my ex. While I was dating her I was weak and would let my guard down. I refused to let that happen again. When I began dating you I felt stronger instead of weaker" He told me.
"Oh, Midas. If only I would've known. I've liked you ever since the first day you decided to shop at Mcguffins Bookstore" I replied hugging him.
"Well, now look where we are" he began.
"Married" I finished.

We hugged for about a minute before walking into McGuffins Bookstore. We began looking around for books. When we finally finished it was already time for lunch. We gave all of our books to the cashier who rang them all up.

"Your total is $58.96" the cashier said.

Midas handed his card to her and she swiped his card.

"Come back again and have a nice day" she smiled.

We grabbed our bag of books and walked outside.

"I can carry those, darling"
"I know, but I can too" I replied.

We left McGuffins Bookstore and went to the building across the street. It was a cafe, we looked around and saw only one person working.

"We should come here tomorrow morning" I suggested.
"Then that's what we will do" Midas replied.

We left the cafe and headed back to the cabin. Midas ended up taking the bag of books from me because he insisted that I didn't carry them. I wasn't going to complain because the bag was getting heavy.

When we got to the cabin we brought the books up to our room. We set the bag down next to the recliner and left. Midas locked the door once again and we headed back to Misty Meadows for lunch.

We were going to have a late lunch because it's already 1pm when we normally ate at 12. We decided we would eat at the place nextdoor to McGuffins bookstore.

I ordered a sandwhich while Midas ordered and burger. We ate our food and watched the TV. It was the news that was on.

...Tonight in Lazy Lake there is going to be an abnormal amount of slurpfish. This will cause the lake to glow. This is something that happens every year, but this year that day, is tonight...

"That'll be pretty" I stated.
"Do you want to go tonight and see?" Midas asked.
"I would love to" I replied.

We finished eating and decided to head back to the cabin. We sat down next to each other on the bed and began talking.

"What do you think about having a picnic by the lake tonight. We show up at around 5 so we can eat, watch the sunset, and enjoy the glow of the lake" Midas asked.
"That would be perfect" I replied.
"Good, we just need to find a blanket for us to sit on" he said standing up.

We began looking around for a blanket when we decided there wasn't an extra one.

"Why don't we head to Cap'n Carp and get a picnic blanket?" I suggested.
"Yeah, we should probably do that" Midas agreed.

We then left the cabin and headed to Cap'n Carp. We walked inside and asked the cashier if they had picnic blankets.

"Yes, right over here" he responded.

He walked over to a shelf and handed us one of the blankets.

"Is that all?" He asked.
"Yes" I replied.

We walked over to the cash register and he scanned the blanket.

"That will be $8" the cashier told us.

Midas then swiped his card and the cashier told us to have a good day. We left Cap'n Carp and headed back to the Cabin.

Once we got back we began to pack for our picnic. We grabbed a basket and packed some sandwiches and drinks into it. We also put paper plates and napkins in it as well.

It took a while, but when we finished packing it was time to go. We grabbed everything we needed and walked to the shore by the dock. We laid the blanket out and got set up.

We ate our dinner and talked about what we could do tomorrow. When we finished the sun had began setting. I laid my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. He then leaned his head onto mine. We watched the sun set and the lake begin to glow.

We began kissing and made out on the shoreline. It began to get cold so we decided to go back to the cabin. When we got there we unpacked everything and put it all away. We then got ready for bed and went to sleep.