Chapter 84: Search Party Encounter

When we neared Lazy Lake Midas slowly lowered the helicopter. Midas parked the helicopter next to the spa. He turned around in his seat and began.

"I'm going to look around for an areal view while you get a ground view and walk through the city" Midas explained.
"Got it" I replied hopping out of the helicopter.

Once I began walking away and was far enough away, Midas lifted off of the ground and flew around over Lazy. I walked around and looked up in trees and looked in buildings.

We searched for about an hour around Lazy, but didn't have any luck. Midas told me to meet him back where he dropped me off through our earpieces. I was on the opposite side of Lazy from the Spa. I decided to jog to the Spa so he didn't have to wait long.

When I got to the Spa I was out of breath and a little sweaty. I hopped into the helicopter and Midas looked at me a little concerned.

"Are you alright?" He asked.
"Yeah, I jogged over here from the other side of Lazy. I'm just out of breath" I explained.
"You should've told me to meet you over there then" he stated and I shrugged.

He shook his head as he turned to face the front. He took off and we started to fly around overtop of the lake. Neither of us saw Shadow Tina or Shadow Skye. We flew over to Misty and once again I hopped out and began looking.

I went threw each and every building looking in every room for Shadow Tina and for Shadow Skye. They of course weren't anywhere in Misty. I walked down the stairs and looked at the shore and under the bridge. I saw camp set up under the bridge.

I walked over to investigate. When I unzipped the tent I just saw a homeless man sleeping.  I pulled a $100 bill out of my pocket and set it in the tent next to him. I slowly zipped the tent back up as quietly as I could. Apparently it wasn't quiet enough though because the guy woke up.

He quickly unzipped the tent and froze when he saw me. We sat there awkwardly before I began.

"Hey, sorry I'm looking for 2 people I didn't know if they were in here. I left you something to help though" I explained as I pointed to the 100 dollars I left him. He looked to where I was pointing and was very surprised.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed, he had an Australian accent.
"Of course, you need it. Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked.
"Yeah, do you know if any places are looking for employees?" He asked picking up the bill and began fidgeting with it.
"Umm..."
"The Agency" I heard Midas say behind me.

I turned around and looked at Midas. I didn't even hear him walk up to us. I looked back at the man and he looked intrigued. Midas must've noticed how interested he looked because he continued.

"I, in fact, am the owner and head of the Agency. If you would like to schedule an interview just let me know" Midas stated.
"I'd love to schedule an interview, mate" the man replied.
"Mate?" Midas asked annoyed.
"Sorry, habit" the man explained.

Midas slowly nodded while raising an eyebrow. There was an awkward silence for about a minute until I broke it, once again.

"Anyways, what's your name?" I asked.
"Xavier" the man replied.
"Nice to meet you Xavier, I am y/n and this is Midas" I stated.
"Nice to meet you guys as well. When will my interview be?" Xavier asked.
"Now, I will judge on your performance to help us find two missing criminals" Midas responded.
"Okay, I don't have anything to clean up or better clothes to change into though" Xavier sighed with ashament in his voice.
"That's alright, we can help you with that" I stated and Midas just looked at me.
I mouthed 'come on' to Midas and he just rolled his eyes and shrugged.
"Really?" Xavier smiled.
"Of course, now let's go" I replied as I stood up.

We all walked away from the tent and headed to the helicopter. We all hopped in, but this time I hopped into the pilot's seat. Midas told everyone that we were heading to the Agencys for a few minutes and then going back out to search again.

Everyone then said what locations they had already searched. The only places that hadn't been searched yet were the dam, Hyrdo 16, Weeping Woods, Slurpy Swamp, Frenzy Farm and Salty Springs. 

When we neared the Agency I could see  Skye and Meow in their helicopter hovering over Salty Springs. We landed at the Agency and walked Xavier inside. We brought him to the guest room and told him he was going to stay there until all decisions were final which was most likely going to be a few days. Midas told henchmen to keep an eye on him just incase.

Midas and I went into the lounge room to wait for Xavier to finish. It wasn't long before Xavier finished his shower and getting dressed though, probably about 5 minutes. When he finished henchmen brought him to the lounge room.

"Let's go finish looking" Midas stated as we followed him to the helicopter.

We all hopped into the helicopter and flew over to the dam. When we arrived Midas dropped me off at the building by the dam that was the closest to Misty Meadows. He then flew over and got off with Xavier to search the building across the dam.

When we all finished he came over and picked me up in the helicopter. We flew down to Hyrdo 16 and started searching around there. Hydro 16 was the very last place that needed to be searched.

When we finished looking we were unable to find either of them. Shadow Tina and Shadow Skye were somewhere and must've been on the move to be able to avoid all of us.

A/n
Hmmm....Xavier, wonder who he is? 👀

My edit at the tops like always lolz! Should I keep putting my edits at the top or quit? Do you guys like my edits?