Chapter 86: Xavier Done Did It Now

"Xavier, my office NOW!" Midas exclaimed, yelling the last part.

"Ye-Yes sir" Xavier stuttered as he scurried out of the lounge room towards Midas' office. 

Midas glared at me before leaving. I raised my hands showing that I didn't do anything and that I was innocent. I turned to look at the girls and they all looked on edge.

"Girl, I'm scared for Xavier. Who knows what Midas is going to do to him" Tina stated.

"Worse case scenario, he get's turned to gold. Let's just hope it doesn't get to that." Maya replied.

"I don't think Midas would immediately turn him to gold. I feel like Xavier would have to do multiple things beforehand." I added.

"It's happened before" Tina sighed.

"Oh, what happened" I asked.

"Well someone wanted to become a henchmen for ghost because at the time we were really needing henchmen" Tina began.

"It was at the beginning of the war with Shadow" Skye explained, I shivered just from the mention of the war.

"Yeah, anyways he wanted to be a henchmen, but he was very disrespectful to everyone. Especially us girls, he was very touchy." Tina explained with disgust in her voice.

"Very touchy" Skye scoffed.

"He was turned to gold that night" Maya added.

"Yeah, but that is a bit more serious than a kiss on the knuckles" I chuckled.

"But Midas is very protective of you y/n." Bomb stated.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid about. I'll go talk to him, hopefully I'm not too late." I told them.

They just nodded as I turned around to leave the room. I walked to the door and left. I turned and headed up the stairs. I walked down the hall to Midas' office to hear nothing. I didn't hear any speaking or anything coming from his office. I walked up to the door and placed my ear against it to still hear absolutely nothing. I lightly knocked on the door before opening it. I entered his office and didn't see either Midas or Xavier anywhere. I left his office and walked over to a nearby henchmen.

"Hey, have you seen Midas and Xavier?" I asked.

"Yes, in fact I have." He replied.

"Do you know where they were going?" I questioned.

"No, but they were headed downstairs into the basement"

"Into the basement, with the cells, oh no" I mumbled as I began running down to the basement.

I ran as quickly as I could down to the basement of the Agency. I ran past Meow as he was going up the stairs.

"Wow, slow down before you trip or something. Why are you rushing anyways?" Meow asked.

"No time to explain!" I yelled as I ran past him.

He began following me down the stairs. We ran into the basement and I headed towards "Brutus' Fun Room" which was just a room full of weapons and torture devices. I ran up to the door to find it locked. I slammed my fist against the door in defeat causing a loud bang to ring throughout the basement.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Meow asked. 

"Xavier kissed my knuckles without knowing I was married to Midas. I showed him I was married and he asked who the lucky guy was. Midas then said it was him and Xavier didn't mean to be rude or anything. Midas got mad and called Xavier to his office. I went to heck on them to make sure Midas doesn't go overboard. He wasn't there but a henchmen told me they were headed to the basement which is why I was rushing. Now, can you help me open this damn door?" I explained.

"Sure" Meow sighed. 

We both tried to bust the door down but failed. I honestly didn't expect us to be able to bust it down considering it was sold steel. We started banging on the door, causing a lot of ruckus. We eventually stopped when the door swung open. I saw Brutus and Maya inside, but no Midas or Xavier. 

"I thought you were in the lounge room, Maya"

"I was, but when you left Brutus came in and I left as well." Maya replied as she wiped away her smeared lipstick.

"Oh, well sorry I'll leave you guys to it" I winked at Maya as I left. 

Meow followed me as I looked around the basement. I walked over to the cells and saw Xavier sitting in the back of one. Midas was sitting in a chair at the end of the hall. He didn't notice Meow and I. I pulled Meow out of the hall and back around the corner. 

"I got an idea, you go and get Midas. Tell him I ran out of the Agency mad for some reason and I wouldn't speak to anyone. Tell him that he is probably the only person I'll talk to and that he needs to hurry because I was almost to the boat dock as you ran to get him."

"Okay, how are you going to unlock the cell?"

"Midas gave me a set of keys to keep on me at all times" 

"Oh, got it" Meow nodded.

He ran around the corner and rushed to Midas. He frantically explained to Midas what I told him to say. I ran behind a few boxes to hide, I sat still as I heard Midas and Meow run by and up the stairs. I got out from hiding and ran into the hall. I ran to Xavier's cell and quickly unlocked it. Xavier stood up and ran up to me. He just nodded and smiled before walking past me. It kind of hurt since he didn't say 'thank you' or anything. What the hell did Midas do?

I walked up to Xavier and placed my hand on his shoulder. His shoulder tensed up but relaxed when he realized it was me. I sighed before I began.

"Xavier, what did Midas do or say?" I asked.

"Nothing" Xavier groaned as he shook my hand off of his shoulder.

"He obviously did something. I know you didn't mean anything when you kissed my hand. Midas is just overprotective of me, that's just how he is." I explained.

"I can tell" Xavier replied.

I walked around him and looked at his face to see a blackeye. I gasped before placing my hands on his cheeks.

"Xavier, you have a blackeye. What did he do to you?" I asked again.

"Fine...when we got into his office he closed the door he turned around and punched me in the face hitting my eye. He then told me to sit down and I did so, he then sat down in his chair. He said if I ever go near you again I was done for and he would make me worth something. My guess is that he meant gold" Xavier sighed and avoided eye contact.

"Oh, Xavier" I replied as I hugged him.

He hugged me back, tightly. We pulled away and just sat there making eye contact. My hands on  his shoulders and his on my arms.  He sighed before leaning closer with his eyes closes. His lips connected to mine and we softly kissed. I stood there not moving from shock. Was Xavier kissing me, even after knowing what will happen if Midas finds out? Look what happened when he kissed my hand in a friendly manner. He pulled away, blush across his cheeks. I could feel my cheeks warm up as well. Xavier looked to the side trying to avoid eye contact only to see Midas. 

A/N

What skin do you think Xavier is?