Chapter 76: Explaination Time

We walked to the lounge room and got our coffees. We didn't say anything while we made our coffees. Midas finished his before I finished mine. He left to his office before I had finished mine. Once I finished I was about to leave but was stopped by Meow.

"Hey, what happened earlier?" He asked.
"Drift came in and attacked me and then told Midas about my past. Like my past during the war. I'll explain more in detail later, but I think Midas hates me. I did things that I didn't realise I would regret later on. I was just doing what I was told to do and now I hate myself for doing it" I explained, my voice cracking at the end.
"Oh, okay. Well, we are here for you y/n if you need anything" Meow replied patting my back.

I nodded and left the lounge room. I sipped on my coffee as I made my way to Midas' office. When I was standing outside of his door I took a deep breath and then walked in. He had his glasses on and his coffee sitting on its golden coaster. I sat down in my chair and set my coffee down.

He didn't acknowledge me so I just sat there and waited for him to start. He kept working on what he was working on when I walked in. I decided to get on my phone to wait for him. When I pulled it out he grabbed it and set it on his desk.

He took his glasses off and turned to face me. I just silently watched him do these things. He grabbed my hands in each of his and looked at them. He started rubbing my hands with his thumbs before he began.

"I'm not mad darling. You did what you were ordered to do, kill your doppelganger. Therefore you completed your mission. I'm just wondering why you never told me." He stated looking up at me.
"Well, I don't like remembering the war. It has so many bad memories with it I just try to act like I was never apart of it. I'm sorry, I just hate talking about it" I explained.
"I understand that, I hate talking about this stupid scar" Midas replied annoyed.
"But I like your scar, there's nothing wrong with it. Besides how you got it of course" I reassured him.
"I guess, but I just wish you would've told me that you were apart of Shadow. Also, Drift mentioned how you had to get Intel on me. I don't believe him, but I do want to make sure. You're not just here to get Intel on me still, right? You actually love me?" He asked.
"Midas of course I love you. The war is over and I'm glad it is. I wish it never happened. I regret almost everything about it" I explained.
"Almost everything? What don't you regret about it?" He asked.
"Well, I'm glad I no longer have a doppelganger, but I didn't realise she was going by Marigold. Her real name is y/n, she was faking you out the whole time. How dare she do something like that to you" I scoffed.
"I always believed her, but now that I know she wouldn't even trust me with her real name, just hurts" he said.
"But she's no longer a problem, I'm here for you and I love you" I told him.

We hugged for a few minutes before we let go. He put his glasses back on and began working. I looked for the box of papers that he normally had, but he didn't have one today. I grabbed my phone and just scrolled through Instagram.

It was now noon and Midas was still working. I got up and kissed him before leaving his office. I went into the lounge room and saw everyone besides Peely. He must've still been on his mission.

I walked over to everyone and they fell silent. I looked over and still saw Drift. I looked over to everyone and Skye began.

"What happened this morning? Meow told us what you told him, but how did Drift end up like that?" She asked while pointing at Drift.
"Well I came in here to start making my coffee. I felt my hair get pulled to the side and felt someone kiss my neck. I thought it was Midas until I looked to the side and didn't see anyone. I quickly turned around to see Drift. He pinned me against the counter and sexually assaulted me. Midas came in and Drift held a knife to my throat and cut me a few times. He started saying how I loved him during the war and how I killed Marigold because she was my doppelganger. He eventually knocked me out. When I woke back up Midas and Drift were fighting. Drift ended up throwing Midas against the wall" I pointed and we all looked at the wall to see a crack in the wall. "Causing Midas to get a concussion, I looked at Midas to tell him I had an idea. I acted like Drift was right and that I 'loved' him. I put my hands on his cheeks and right before he was about to kiss me I turned him to rose gold" I explained and they all looked at me shocked.
"Wait, you killed Marigold?" Tina asked.
"And she was your doppleganger?" Maya asked as well.
"Yes, she dyed her hair and acted like her name was Marigold. She lied to you all"
"Of course she did. I hated her, I'm pretty sure everyone did" Maya stated as everyone nodded.
"I was relieved when I heard she had died. I just felt so bad for M because I knew how much she meant to him" Meow stated.
"Me too" everyone else said besides Bomb and I.
"Also, good idea for getting rid of Drift. Brilliant yet simple and easy" Tina stated.
"Thanks" I smiled.

I got up from the couch and made Midas a sandwhich as well as myself one. I then grabbed two glasses and filled them with ice water. When I finished I went to Midas' office. I opened the door to see Midas looking out the window.

"I made you some lunch" I told him.
"Oh, thank you" he turned around and smiled.

I set his plate with his sandwhich down on his desk. I then set mine down as well as the glasses of water. I sat down in my seat and we began eating.

Once we finished I grabbed our plates and left to the lounge room. I left the waters because we were still drinking them. I set the plates into the dishwasher and headed back to his office. When I got in there he was looking out of the window again. I walked over to him and looked out of the window while standing next to him.

A/n
Some people are unable to see this chapter and I am unsure as to why. Therefore I am unpublishing and republishing this chapter. Nothing within the chapter has changed besides me adding this author's note. Love you all!!